Create Account

The Joy of the Cup!

[Image: Daniel_Swift_Signature-3_Carpy48.png]

The Joy of the Cup! [Image: 4star.png]

- - -

They say you never forget your first, and when it comes to the Four Star Cup, truer words have never been spoken...

As the dying seconds ticked off the scoreboard, I'm not sure any of us were prepared for the surreal moment that was about to engulf and devour our collective reality. Three... Two... One... And then, a moment frozen in time, a moment of pure euphoria certain to be emblazoned in our minds for time immemorial!

It was a moment beyond description, beyond that which mere words are able to convey. It was the culmination of years of hard work and even earlier years of childhood dreams. It was that one moment in time when you actually get to see all your hopes, dreams and aspirations, come true before your very eyes. A golden shining moment that wipes away any and all self doubt, while putting the fear of failure to death in the glorious light of victory!

Winning a championship in individual competition is very nice, but doing it with a team where you've shared struggle and overcome adversity down in the trenches together, is nothing less than other worldly. The very process of suffering and growing together creates a special bond, a brotherhood if you will, that only those who went through it can ever fully understand.

As a team, the Maine Timber were forged together in the crucible of pain, struggle and loss. At times, the pressure of these forces could seem overwhelming, (but that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger), and so rather than hurting, these very same forces melded us into a true championship team! It was a classic case of life not happening to us, but rather for us.

And so came our incredible moment of victory, and the transcendent joy of sharing it with all those who fought so valiantly side by side! In a moment such as this, you find yourself happier for those around you than you are for yourself. It's the shared aspect of the joy that makes it grow exponentially into something far greater than that which you could experience by yourself. "I'm so happy for my team mates," becomes the overriding thought in the midst of all the pandemonium!

And so began a celebration unlike any other where we all reveled in what we'd accomplished together, and perhaps more importantly, what each member had contributed to the greater group! It truly is a once in a lifetime event, as this group will never be the same, never fully together again, so this is our only chance, our golden opportunity to make memories to last a lifetime!

Then comes the awarding of the Cup itself! The Four Star looks dazzling with all its shimmering beauty and sleek contour and design. Yet for all its outward gleam and glow, the true beauty lies within. The Four Star Cup is a living, breathing piece of history. A symbolic icon that all the greats have touched and held, and so now, we too were about to become connected with them. This was our time to join the long procession of champions past and forever become a crucial link in the chain of our great sport!

If only the Cup could talk. The stories it would tell! But now it was time to hug Four Stars close to the heart and simply feel the energy of all the celebrations that had come before. Squeeze it tight and receive the joyful vibes into your heart and soul. Do it now and never be the same again. It was time to transcend our year and even our team to become part of a greater legacy. A legacy that includes everyone who ever imparted sheer joy in their victorious grasp! This is what it was all about and we were so incredibly happy to be here!

Standing together on the mountain top, we formed a circle and broke into am impromptu rendition of "We are the Champions!" Timber

"I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -

And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world!"  Yay

It didn't matter how poorly or how well any of us could sing, it was just about being there to share the moment together. As we said earlier, this was a moment frozen in time that no one can ever take away. So it truly doesn't matter what happens from here on in. Our junior careers have been and always will be a success! We made it - and that's forever and for always!

Thank you seems so insufficient, but for lack of better words, thank you to every Timber who came before and laid the groundwork, and thank you to every Timber who helped us attain something magical, something special we'll proudly remember, (and bore our grandchildren with), in the decades to come.

In closing, I honestly never expected to be fortunate enough to be on a championship team in just my sophomore season. This Four Star achievement has far exceeded my wildest expectations. And while I was happy to contribute as best I could, I'm extremely thankful to all those who led the way in making this possible. You know who you are, so this one's for you!

Congratulations and cheers to the Maine Timber!! Cheers

[Image: s67banner-mai1.jpg]

Quote:1001 Words

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!