Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

ISFL affiliate

Written Task:

Ty Murphy has had a career that would have most fans thinking he is an "underrated" player.  In the J, he had a great but short career on a struggling Detroit Falcons team.  Only nominated for one award, defensive forward of the year, which was stolen from him.  He had almost twice as many takeaways as he did giveaways, but the award was not given due to his low +/- stat, even though that is the result of playing on a struggling team.  Moving on to the SHL, he was drafted 15th overall by the Hamilton Steelhawks.  After having an underwhelming rookie career, he went on to have a good sophomore and junior season.  Ty won the Challenge Cup with the Hawks before getting traded to the Toronto North Stars.  Since being traded to the North Stars, Murphy has been one of the best forwards in the SHL.  Even then, repeatedly snubbed on All-star nominations and award nominations.  This season Murphy looks to come back stronger than ever and put-up great numbers to officially be regarded as one of the best forwards in the league.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Creative prompt

Alright so as the foremost roller coaster expert up in Edmonton I have thoughts and ideas.  If you remember recently Disney made headlines with a rumored proposal for a roller coaster that fully leaves the tracks.  I submit that that idea is weak sauce and Disney should fold as a company for such a terrible idea.  My submission to the City of Edmonton includes not 1, not 2, but 0 moments where the coaster leaves the tracks.  This way anyone that goes on the ride survives and is able to enter the arena to purchase a $50 hot dog.  There will however still be some excitement on the ride.  I anticipate it reaching speeds of up to 15mph on the 20 degree hill going around the back side of the arena.  For team branding this puppy is going to be made from actual stadium seats including all of the safety features they come with.  This was a controversial decision considering that the seats don't have seat belts, but the sacrifices we had to make in other areas are well worth ensuring that our fans are just as excited on the coaster as they are during the game.

PBE

Creative Prompt:

Oh this one is easy, this ride is going to be called the “Salmon Run” and it will encircle the whole Grizzlies Arena. It’s Bear themed, but the whole point of the ride is to make the fans feel like they are salmon, swimming upstream in the hopes of making it to the sacred mating grounds, but in reality, they are doomed. With constant bears popping up all over the place during the ride, we obviously will have to make sure there are no collisions like in Roller Coaster Tycoon, after all the population of Great Falls isn’t that much, to begin with, I’ll be real with you, we can’t kill off our own fans. I think we would try to also have a promotion on game day for whoever has the best bear snarl during the picture-taking section of the ride. If they win they get a free bear claw donut and a bear claw foam finger.

[Image: 13KgpTr.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

[Image: I5op2tX.png]

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

After the season that Quebec City has had, its kind of hard to point out any struggles so far in Redd's career. Being picked up on waivers but then getting to know everyone was refreshing and it made it easier to fit in and have fun. The postseason came with some issues but he didnt really know what to expect and everyone gets first game jitters. To him, being in his position, it was like a gift of experience and it was cool to see him be a part of that. I think now he just wants to go back and win next time. 

In twenty three games this season, Redd has scored some points, threw his body around and blocked some shots. He's got a pretty strong work ethic so hes going to keep at it, and I think he's really excited about playing a full season with Quebec.

153 words

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2022, 08:02 PM by Theseajebus. Edited 2 times in total.)

Creative prompt.

Have you ever been tp Kelowna? Beautiful mountains and beautiful weather throughout the summer and even in winter it doesn't get as cold as it does get up north in Canada. The backdrop of such beauty is the best place to build the most awesome roller coaster based on the KelownaKnights
Adorned with Team colours and loops that mirror the awesome young talent of the Knights. The first climb will bring you to the highest peak a roller coaster has ever been while you get 5 seconds to enjoy the natural beauty of the lakes and mountains surrounding. But prepare yourself for the drop as the roller coaster will hit speeds that go above and beyond the fastest young players of the team ×100. You'll be screaming your heads off to the opening theme of every Knights game fight song. Whoosh!! As it sends you blazing double loops just like you were trying to get past our talented d men but just like in rhe game you will be stopped near the top of the second loop with some hangtime as a big mechanical robot of our goalie yells 'denied!!!!' Then sends you on your way. Around and around you'll go as you twist and turn the cork screw of the offense to make your way to wards the last drop that will get you a goal everytime against any opponent who steps up against the Knights. After the ride you'll be a Knights fan for life and want to ride it multiple times over and over again!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Toronto North Stars will have a new attraction in the building by building a roller coaster that can spin around and follow the puck! When the puck goes from one side to the other, so will you! Using advanced puck tracking technology, a computer will move the roller coaster as needed and stop the cars where the people in the coaster can follow the action the best. Reaching speeds of up to 80 mph the roller coaster uses the latest electro magnetic technology in order to stop and start in an instant as needed. There are waivers that you need to sign before riding the rollercoaster as you could reach up to 7g in force, and people who have heart issues as well as expectant mothers are definitely not allowed to ride as there might be medical complications ensuing from the violent acceleration. When there is a win the roller coaster will do three loops in celebration.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

PBE PT

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, ok, I hear you. You're a hockey player, not a roller coaster designer! Fine. Let's talk about your player then! Careers in the SHL can be like a roller coaster. You might change teams, have shots at greatness, hit rock bottom, get drafted, retire, score big goals, make huge mistakes, the whole nine yards!

Written Task: Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs? What are the lows? What parts of their history have shaped who they are as a player? What are they excited about next? Think of it like you're pitching your player for a special on ESPN. Why would your career make a great story? (150+ words)

Grogu Mandosson's career has truly been a roller coaster with all sorts of emotional moments and a series of big highs and lows from the beginning. It all started at the SMJHL Draft where he saw himself plummet down the draft, despite being touted as a sure-fire prospect. Pre-draft rankings had him an early first rounder, but he dropped all the way to 18th OV. To really cap off the draft experience as a major low, he was actually traded away from the team which drafted him (Carolina) mere minutes after being selected. He ended up with the Anaheim Outlaws, with his best friend Sekai Wollker but still he had a hohum first season as a 4th liner and the team was knocked out in the first round. Then there was a major shakeup which affected Grogu, when the Winnipeg Aurora fired their GM and hired on Ace who was Anaheim's GM - so Grogu was originally slated to be auto-drafted to Winnipeg but when his agent got fired as the GM, that made him SHL draft eligible. He fared much better in the SHL Draft, being selected 5th OV by the Calgary Dragons. So he was feeling a bit better! But that good feeling did not last, The new Anaheim GM decided to break everything down and trade everyone away, and Grogu was once again on the move! He was very happy where he ended up though as he moved to the new expansion team Great Falls Grizzlies, along with Wollker, joining a team managed by former WPG coGM Chevy, so it was a great place to go! He was named captain of the team and had a fun 3 seasons, going all the way to the finals even though they lost. But that loss was at least nullified a bit by Grogu being part of the gold-medal winning Finland/Norway team in the WJC, he even got first star in the gold medal game! Oh and also he scored the winning goal in the all-star game in front of his home tome fans in Montana! So that was a pretty good way to finish off his junior career! But, just as he was about to enter the SHL, there was another GM shakeup with his team, as the Calgary Dragons GM went down in flames (haha) and Grogu's agent was now named the new GM of the Dragons! So he joined a team that was uncertain about their future at best, and a potential shambles at worst. It was a couple of rough seasons to begin, and his performance in those first 2 seasons certainly left something to be desired. However, in his 3rd season, he, along with his draft-mate and new winger Duncan Mackenzie, were elevated to the top line and really shone, the team showed massive improvement, and Grogu himself got 80 points which was a new team record for points in a season. His performance earned him a nomination for most improved player award. And then in his last season, it was a really great one, Grogu scored 97 points as the Dragons fought their way into first place in their division, and even won a playoff round before falling to the eventual champs in the second round. His 71 assists tied the SHL record for assists in a season, and he received another award nomination for best two-way forward in the league. Then to top off the great season his IIHF team Norway won the Gold medal after two consecutive bronzes. So as he begins a new season on a high, we can only hope that their isn't a massive drop in store for him this season!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Philippe eko eel's career will make a great story some day because he will go on to win many personal awards and team challenge cups in the future. while he may not have those yet, he does have quite the set of ups and downs that'll make his story in the juniors (SMJHL btw) worth telling nonetheless. The team success has mostly been low, with Anchorage failing to win a playoff series across Eel's three seasons. But the personal success is high, with Eel making two all star games and only one (though should be two mayhaps!) best defenseman award. this docuseries would be fascinating because philippe eko eel is an eel and honestly eel's bodies can wriggle around resembling a roller coaster at times. his body can literally go up and down like a roller coaster. you could imagine like a small little guy getting himself all lubed up and starting at the top (tail) and jumping down the slide (eel body) and going through all the roller coaster style ups and downs along the back of the eel himself! what a ride that would be! @leviadan did you write this with  me in mind? hehe blush Blush

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:
Player Prompt - Written Task:  Give me a short summary of your player's career so far. What are the highs?

Without question the highlight of my career so far is being a part of a Four Star Cup championship team! To reach the pinnacle of the J in only my second year is an achievement far beyond my wildest dreams! And then to make the story even better, to be named first star in the seventh and deciding game, while posting four points and assisting on the Cup winning goal is absolutely mind blowing!

I also had the privilege of wearing an 'A' (as Alternate Captain) throughout the season and on into the playoffs... Having a letter on my chest, (and thereby being a part of the leadership group), was truly an honor, especially as the team continued to grow together and reach new heights!

Last but not least, my next goal will be my 50th in the league, virtually all of which have come during limited (ice time) third line shifts... Sincerely hoping for more opportunities to contribute this coming year!

[188 Words]

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Player Prompt:
The beginning - Nathaniel Barca hasn't had a very long career - yet - but the beauty of it is that it's just beginning. He's been through 2 drafts, recently becoming a top 10 pick in the SHL draft, and so far all he's done is preform. An excellent playoffs lead to lifting the Four Star Cup alongside his teammates.
Due to the extreme youth of just having the one season in the SMJHL under his belt, it is pretty easy to say not much has yet been done, but isn't it more fun to imagine where this young career will?
3x Challenge cup victories, perennial contender for defensive awards, longevity. We're talking 20 seasons in the show. Becoming known for holding down the fort on rebuilding teams while their prospects grow another season sheltered in the J.
Quite the career at the end of the day, a journeyman stalwart defenseman who any team would be ecstatic to have with them, and later on providing a great service in filling a gap in the roster to let the prospects flourish.
Hopefully Hall of Fame material.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]