Create Account

Zap Code of Conduct Punishment

12-30-2022, 04:57 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-29-2022, 04:19 PMlespoils Wrote: Damn am I going to have to start being the bad guy just so we can get a bit of drama out of these punishments? Do we have to bring Izzy back? What the hell am I supposed to do when everyone agrees on a punishment?

We need to go back to the days when punishments included screenshots so everyone could give their 2 cents. And probably get some old balls on the line to preach about the league being soft. And ban gabe
He never misses

[Image: izzy.PNG]

12-30-2022, 04:57 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-29-2022, 04:19 PMlespoils Wrote: Damn am I going to have to start being the bad guy just so we can get a bit of drama out of these punishments? Do we have to bring Izzy back? What the hell am I supposed to do when everyone agrees on a punishment?

We need to go back to the days when punishments included screenshots so everyone could give their 2 cents. And probably get some old balls on the line to preach about the league being soft. And ban gabe

I know this is a joke but I do want to stress that we do not want to get in the habit of putting screenshots of hate speech/other potentially harmful rhetoric out there even for the purpose of evidence. I’m happy to discuss things if people have questions individually (a lot of the stuff in question here is public anyway), but there’s some stuff we’d rather not amplify for people to unwittingly stumble across.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

12-30-2022, 07:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
12-30-2022, 04:57 PMCampinKiller Wrote: We need to go back to the days when punishments included screenshots so everyone could give their 2 cents. And probably get some old balls on the line to preach about the league being soft. And ban gabe

I know this is a joke but I do want to stress that we do not want to get in the habit of putting screenshots of hate speech/other potentially harmful rhetoric out there even for the purpose of evidence. I’m happy to discuss things if people have questions individually (a lot of the stuff in question here is public anyway), but there’s some stuff we’d rather not amplify for people to unwittingly stumble across.

So we are banning gabe though?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2022, 08:14 PM by spooked. Edited 1 time in total.)

12-30-2022, 07:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
12-30-2022, 04:57 PMCampinKiller Wrote: We need to go back to the days when punishments included screenshots so everyone could give their 2 cents. And probably get some old balls on the line to preach about the league being soft. And ban gabe

Honest question, how can we ask GMs in this league to draft a person who was banned like this without being able to see what the cause of the ban was? Seems like basically we are being told to either completely avoid anyone who gets a ban like this out of caution, or simply pray it isn't THAT bad. You might as well just perma Zap in my perspective cause I can't draft someone who got a ban like this without knowing what the ban was for.

I know I could probably ask around in DMs to get the information, but we shouldn't have to do that tbh.

12-30-2022, 08:13 PMspooked Wrote:
12-30-2022, 07:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I know this is a joke but I do want to stress that we do not want to get in the habit of putting screenshots of hate speech/other potentially harmful rhetoric out there even for the purpose of evidence. I’m happy to discuss things if people have questions individually (a lot of the stuff in question here is public anyway), but there’s some stuff we’d rather not amplify for people to unwittingly stumble across.

Honest question, how can we ask GMs in this league to draft a person who was banned like this without being able to see what the cause of the ban was? Seems like basically we are being told to either completely avoid anyone who gets a ban like this out of caution, or simply pray it isn't THAT bad. You might as well just perma Zap in my perspective cause I can't draft someone who got a ban like this without knowing what the ban was for.

I know I could probably ask around in DMs to get the information, but we shouldn't have to do that tbh.

Don't want to speak for them, but during discussions SHL HO was open to the idea of showing evidence to parties that had a vested interested interest in seeing it. They just didn't want to put it out in the open since not everyone may want to see bigotry, hatred, etc.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-30-2022, 08:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:13 PMspooked Wrote: Honest question, how can we ask GMs in this league to draft a person who was banned like this without being able to see what the cause of the ban was? Seems like basically we are being told to either completely avoid anyone who gets a ban like this out of caution, or simply pray it isn't THAT bad. You might as well just perma Zap in my perspective cause I can't draft someone who got a ban like this without knowing what the ban was for.

Don't want to speak for them, but during discussions SHL HO was open to the idea of showing evidence to parties that had a vested interested interest in seeing it. They just didn't want to put it out in the open since not everyone may want to see bigotry, hatred, etc.

I don't see a reason for the GM group to not be informed on conduct punishments. People on here who are in the GM roles can already ask around and find it out, but we arguably have an even more direct influence on member conduct in LRs, don't really want to have to play telephone when these happen.

12-30-2022, 08:49 PMspooked Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Don't want to speak for them, but during discussions SHL HO was open to the idea of showing evidence to parties that had a vested interested interest in seeing it. They just didn't want to put it out in the open since not everyone may want to see bigotry, hatred, etc.

I don't see a reason for the GM group to not be informed on conduct punishments. People on here who are in the GM roles can already ask around and find it out, but we arguably have an even more direct influence on member conduct in LRs, don't really want to have to play telephone when these happen.

While I do believe it should be something that is made aware to GMs, I agree that it should not be public. Asking for said information is simple, easy, and honestly only something one should do if they have interest in taking said player.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

12-30-2022, 08:56 PMCptSquall Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:49 PMspooked Wrote: I don't see a reason for the GM group to not be informed on conduct punishments. People on here who are in the GM roles can already ask around and find it out, but we arguably have an even more direct influence on member conduct in LRs, don't really want to have to play telephone when these happen.

While I do believe it should be something that is made aware to GMs, I agree that it should not be public. Asking for said information is simple, easy, and honestly only something one should do if they have interest in taking said player.

This, exactly. If you really want to know that bad, just ask.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-30-2022, 08:49 PMspooked Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Don't want to speak for them, but during discussions SHL HO was open to the idea of showing evidence to parties that had a vested interested interest in seeing it. They just didn't want to put it out in the open since not everyone may want to see bigotry, hatred, etc.

I feel this is probably something best to bring up directly to HO in GM Channels, if you haven’t already

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

12-30-2022, 08:33 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:13 PMspooked Wrote: Honest question, how can we ask GMs in this league to draft a person who was banned like this without being able to see what the cause of the ban was? Seems like basically we are being told to either completely avoid anyone who gets a ban like this out of caution, or simply pray it isn't THAT bad. You might as well just perma Zap in my perspective cause I can't draft someone who got a ban like this without knowing what the ban was for.

Could always put it under a spoiler tag with a trigger warning, that way people who might get uncomfortable with it can avoid it and people who wants to know gets to know.

Just an idea, the way gossip spreads it's probably pretty easy to find out by now if you know the "right" people though i guess. Hmm

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

12-30-2022, 08:59 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
12-30-2022, 08:56 PMCptSquall Wrote: While I do believe it should be something that is made aware to GMs, I agree that it should not be public. Asking for said information is simple, easy, and honestly only something one should do if they have interest in taking said player.

This, exactly. If you really want to know that bad, just ask.

Or if you're really worried, just mark them as "Do not draft"

RIP Mac & 701

I’ve probably outed myself already, but I was one of the people that reported and I wouldn’t want my incident spread out of my control - I understand there would probably be a change in how I would be perceived if people publicly knew the specifics of what happened and I don’t want that to be the case. Keeping these things private is IMO the best policy, if you’re really wanting to draft or sign someone who has a suspension of this magnitude you could probably just DM HO or something.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

12-30-2022, 08:13 PMspooked Wrote:
12-30-2022, 07:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I know this is a joke but I do want to stress that we do not want to get in the habit of putting screenshots of hate speech/other potentially harmful rhetoric out there even for the purpose of evidence. I’m happy to discuss things if people have questions individually (a lot of the stuff in question here is public anyway), but there’s some stuff we’d rather not amplify for people to unwittingly stumble across.

I mean, it’s a cost-benefit thing and I don’t think exposing users’ privacy is worth the trade-off that making it slightly easier to do your homework on a suspended user would be.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I actually have the TPE to make the thread team, can someone make one already???

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

12-30-2022, 11:03 PMboom Wrote: I’ve probably outed myself already, but I was one of the people that reported and I wouldn’t want my incident spread out of my control - I understand there would probably be a change in how I would be perceived if people publicly knew the specifics of what happened and I don’t want that to be the case. Keeping these things private is IMO the best policy, if you’re really wanting to draft or sign someone who has a suspension of this magnitude you could probably just DM HO or something.

The point of my comment was that I shouldn't have to DM someone from HO to learn about it, I could get different wording/information than another GM depending on who from HO responded. Maybe another GM got the whole logs, maybe I get a summary that missed something important to me that I want to know etc. Asking for GMs to be informed through official channels is pretty reasonable considering you are telling me I can ask HO directly.

My point is that GMs shouldn't have to ask for more info really, they should have a post about it in the GM discord from HO collective with all the info we need to know that couldn't go here. It also means HO only has to say it once instead of 20+ times...