Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 02:00 AM by Icebear32. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Icey

Code:

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!
PBE PT

Code:

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

My dude was unknown
There is a lot left to come
Until then, lets go skate

Code:

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Commemorative Puck
Your fans want a keepsake! Design a puck that commemorates your teams' season 69! Include a slogan that encompasses how it went.

[Image: S69_KEL_Szn_puck-01.png?width=613&height=609]
Code:

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Be Real
I'm a young person and I love being young and therefore I stay in touch with all the hot new technology (because I am young). I did not recently learn what Be Real is, I've known for a long time because of how young I am. That being said, show me what a typical Be Real post from your player would look like!

Retirement goals! 

[Image: bereal.JPG?width=359&height=572]

Code:

Code:
22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

My baby girl just recently turned one! She has been a blast seeing grow up so far and is getting to a really enjoyable stage where we are communicating better and not just sleeping all the time! Very excited to see how she keeps growing. It has made me super proud how smart she is already. One of her favorite things is too look through books and she has recently been trying to read them to me. Its been fun running around with her and just having a little mini me in the house all the time. Can't wait to see what she becomes but already know this is going by to fast!

GM Pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

CW Pass SMJHL HO

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

smjhl GM CW Pass

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 08:36 PM by Leatherneckmike. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verify word ---> Twibia

+3

PBE PT

+3

+3 TPE - S69 Milestones

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 12:45 PM by 3lewsers. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate PT +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice +3

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +3

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

CW Pass - SMJHL HO

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 02:00 PM by Operation Ivy. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.
Ivy (+3 TPE)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup
related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer
must be 50+ words.
a. Although both are impressive, I'd have to say that the full scale rebuild to championship is the most impressive. The reason being, when you do a full rebuild you have to make some tough choices, which includes trading franchise players. Also, there is never a guarantee that the draft picks you make will pan out. For Winnipeg, they did it right and although it wasn't easy, it is now paying off for them. (73 words)

b. If I am looking to shut down Winnipeg's offense, I would target the goal scorers. An elite playmaker like Rashford will always find ways to get the puck to the open man, but if my defense can cover those scorers, it will take away any chances for Winnipeg. I would rather take my chances with a pass-first player like Rashford taking the shots than the snipers who can score at will. (71 words)

c. If I'm Winnipeg, my message to my team is to not worry about the amount of saves that BASE PACK has made. We need to treat it like any other game, and my philosophy is pucks on net, no matter what. If it means that we win the game 1-0 but PACK has 90 saves, so be it. We can't score if we don't shoot and we can't let PACK's stats get in the way of us doing that. (79 words)

d. In my bracket I picked Philadelphia and I will stick with that now. While both teams are similar in many ways, I think it is ultimately Philadelphia's balance that gives them the edge. They have an elite scorer in AllBran, while also having an on-fire goaltender in PACK. With how important a hot goaltender is in the playoffs, I think the Forge ride that hot hand to a championship. (69 words)

(+4 TPE)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
I've been fortunate to make the playoffs both of my SMJHL seasons, but this season was a quicker exit than any of us would have liked in Regina. We weren't expected to do much in the media, but we put up a fight in round 1 with Carolina as a majority of the six games went to overtime. Regardless of the outside expectation, it was frustrating for sure. After the early exit, I had to meet with the media and share how we felt as a team. Afterwards, I played a ton of golf to take my mind off of things. Golf is when I am at my most relaxed, so it was extremely helpful for me to clear my mind. Of course, the other part of it was that I was able to golf with my friends and teammates. So even though we weren't on the ice together, we were still able to build team chemistry while playing 18 holes as we get ready for the next season. (169 words)

(+3 TPE)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
In this matchup for the ages, it would be a slugfest no doubt. But in the end I think that I would have to go with the god-like bear beaming with light. I would imagine that the magma monster would be strong, but I don't think that monster would have the speed to keep up with the bear. This god bear would have incredible agility combined with god-like strength that would overpower the magma monster in a matter of minutes. I'd have to think that the magma monster would get a good shot or two on the bear, but the blinding light from the bear would set up a final left-paw knockout from the bear. For the arena, I'd have to think it would be in a desolate desert area, maybe somewhere in the middle east. This would allow for a fair climate for both sides while giving enough space for these larger-than-life creatures to battle it out. (158 words)

(+3 TPE)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write
about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I
figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season
went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five
syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.
Not like I had hoped
But still was fun nonetheless
Is it next season?

(+2 TPE)

Code:
Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
S69 SMJHL Milestones (+3 TPE)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 01:50 PM by jackkmart. Edited 5 times in total.)

0. PBE Affil - 3TPE

1. CW Trivia - 3TPE

verification word: weenur

6. Haiku - 2TPE

mostly inactive
execrable statistics
just plain terrible

7. Milestones - 3TPE

GM PASS BABBYYY!!! [Image: walman-griddy-dance.gif]

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023, 01:05 AM by Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

Affiliate pt +3 Tpe

Trivia

Word: Wack

Milestones + 3 tpes

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:32 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL Affiliate

Milestones
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:31 AM by Aneeqs. Edited 2 times in total.)

Trivia verification word: Pog

PBE Affiliate +3

4. 3 TPE

Mr Zopf went on a lovely trip to Spain and Portugal, the last time that he had missed out on the playoffs. It was such as wonderful experience, but a small part of Mr Zopf was filled with regret. Mr Zopf wished that they could have done more to help his team make the playoffs, but it just did not end up that way. Sure it was a shock, the plan was to make the playoffs, but these things do not always end up working out the way we had intended. Mr Zopf surely had a rough time, but the vacation really picked his spirits up and made him want to get back to the team as soon as he could and just work on his game. Taking some time away from the game really puts things into perspective and can really motivate people to come back and take the league by storm. There's always next season

154 words

6. 2TPE
We tried to push forth
sorry we fell short in end 
future is still bright

22. 2 TPE

Honestly it's been a very rough time for me, so I have not got too much to be happy for! HOWEVER, I just wanted to use the opportunity to thank you for the work you have put in as part of the PPT team. I have thoroughly loved doing the PPTs in this league and it has been awesome. Hope you are doing well pal and I hope you have fun with whatever else you decide to do in the league!. I am however, just excited about the future in general. Some of my friends are doing some big and wonderful things and some are getting married so I am really excited to see this next chapter in their lives.

120 words

Milestones:
Milestones +3

CW pass because I worked so hard on it.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]