Create Account

S69 Championship Week Due: March 12th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

CW Pass

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 11:31 AM by kenvald. Edited 3 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliate Claim
+3

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
trivial

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
From my point of view a full scale tear down and rebuild is always more impressive. Because with an expansion team you have the expectation of everyone in the league and on your team that you're clearly new and about to start building your franchise. But knowing when to fold your current team in order to bring future success is a harder move.

Quote:b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
If you have someone who's turning out to be an amazing passer, they're gonna get the puck to their goal scoring teammates no matter what. So the best option is to prevent Rashford from ever getting the puck. Shadow him the entire game. Force his teammates to move the puck through someone else.

Quote:c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
500 saves over 17 games isn't too crazy. But clearly BASE PACK isn't affected much by the amount of shots. So I don't think that's the right approach. If you see a goalie like this who eats pucks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then your best bet is starting to focus on quality over quantity. Don't shoot just to shoot. Perhaps try an extra cross-ice pass to get him to move before shooting.

Quote:d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?
The past seasons have shown us that no one can really predict who's gonna win in the end. Just remember Manhattan's surprise run just recently. But if I have to put my money on one team it's Winnipeg. They've come far from the rebuild and have the best core in the league plus what I have to imagine is some of the best chemistry between players.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead
Sven has missed the playoffs a lot in his SHL career. Spending most of it on a rebuild team and being moved into the toughest division just at the start of it didn't help. So honestly they've pretty much all been expected misses. The first couple of misses after a successful run is always the hardest. You've suddenly no idea how to spend half the off-season. And it's always sad to see your division rivals go deep. Over and over again.

But something Sven has started doing as a tradition is getting some of the European players on the team together and travel Europe. Visiting each others home countries and cities. Just hanging out and going to everyone's favorite local spots and "hidden gems". They of course can't make it to everyone's country every off-season so they take turns. For the very first trip Sven brought some guys to Sweden, taking them on a road trip through the northern and central parts of it.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 02:55 AM by Ronniewalker. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification word: Burp!

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
+3 TPE - Lemo claims 3 milestone TPE

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 05:40 PM by the5urreal. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.

moist
+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

a. Both Winnipeg’s and Philadelphia’s builds are impressive. However, building a team from the ground up through the SHL draft has to be the most impressive. Going into the draft, a top earning player may say and do all the right things, but it’s so easy for someone to simply disappear and stop earning. To hit on almost all of your picks to the point that your team has the highest average TPE in all categories (forwards, defensemen, and goalies) is pretty incredible.
[82 words]
b. This is a tough one, but I think you need to pressure Mikko Rashford as the puck handler. Force him to pass it or make a play without giving him time to direct traffic or have things clear up for him. As good a player as Rashford is, he’s going to get his points, but you need to make it as hard as possible for him.
[66 words]
c. Every hockey fan knows that you can ride a hot goalie all the way to a championship. With BASE PACK playing as well as he has, this is not one weakness that is easily exploitable. In fact, I don’t think Winnipeg should put any thought into targeting BASE PACK in any different way. They should play the type of game that got them to the finals in the first place.
[70 words]
d. I had no idea that before this season’s playoffs, Philadelphia had never won a playoff series. They’re a well oiled machine heading into the finals and are going to be tough to beat. On the other hand, Winnipeg has had one of the best, if not THE best, teams over the last few seasons and have finally made it to the finals where everyone expected them to be. Although I’d like to see Philly win it all (never thought I’d say that) I think Winnipeg finally gets theirs.
[88 words]
+4 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

In his time with the New Orleans Specters, Atticus Hale has had several different linemate combinations and even moved from Center to Left Wing a couple seasons ago. This season, however, Hale would be part of one of the best, if not the best, top lines in the league (TPE wise). This seemed like a recipe for success and the setup for what would be a career best season.

Teaming up with (Left Wing) Atticus Hale (2057 TPE as of this writing) would be:
(Center) Videl Valor (1976 TPE as of this writing) - Coming over from the Toronto North Stars prior to S68, Valor is a former goal leader and a solid two-way player. Though they struggled through periods of inconsistency in S69, their resurgence through the middle of the season was a big reason Atticus Hale had the season he did.
(Right Wing) Patya Perevalov (2075 TPE as of this writing) - Atticus and Patya have had a bond their entire careers. Both drafted in S60 by the Carolina Kraken, they have been able to successfully team up before. When Patya was brought in from the Minnesota Monarchs via trade, there was no reason that success couldn’t continue. This season’s results are proof of that.
[207 words]
+3 TPE

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

FREE MILESTONES
+3 TPE

PBE Affiliate
+3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 04:36 PM by erikvm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Total TPE = 16 
Code:
Tell me about who your linemates were this year, and how the season went playing together. Why do you work well together? Why don't you work well together? If there was anyone on your team you don't play with but you'd like to, who is it? Why? If you're a goalie, tell me about your bond with your goaltending partner!

My linemates for most of this season were Hai Nam Hoang and Tiberius Kane and we were one of the best lines in all of the SMJHL, especially with Hoang as a top point-getter, every single player on the was at least a point per game and we dominated play against most 1st lines were up against, leading a former cellar-dweller to the second best goal differential in the SMJHL, 4th place in the standings (tied for 3rd but didn’t have tie-breaker.) I did not have a lot of time on the ice with James Dion but he was a driver of play and he had the best OGR by a lot on the team, he honestly deserved more from the sim! My old linemate staple, Loosh O’Sullivan was also someone I was separated from for most of the season, and while I missed being on his line, Hoang being moved to center and playing on his line propelled us to new heights.
[Image: 24Derkw.png]

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

I do not have to go long to talk about this one, as it happened last season. Great Falls had a very disappointing season, where I expected us to make a big jump and contend for a playoff spot, we instead finished last in the whole league! I am actually very grateful for this finish because it inspired me to take a more significant part in the behind-the-scenes decisions we made for the team this year. I was added to the Great Falls war room this season to try and address the disappointing year and what we should do to improve. Chevy gave me a lot of leeway to bring my ideas into the fold for my final SMJHL season, and as I mentioned in my last answer, we went from 14th to 4th and we were legitimate contenders for the cup, not just for a playoff spot. These were not all my idea, we made adjustments from my initial ideas at the start of the season as the season went on, and I learned a lot. So missing the playoffs was a blessing for me.

[Image: 9hkKbq9.png]
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

This is honestly a much tougher question than last year, and it really rumbled around in my noggin’ for a bit, but I have to choose the bear made of light, or rather the Aurora. Unlike how the SHL finals turned out, where the Forge won in 5 games, I think the Gof of Light would win against almost anything I can think of off the top of my head. As everyone knows, the speed of light is 299 792 458 m / s, and that’s really fucking fast like so fast nothing would be able to respond to the bear god of light that would thrash out with its claws way quicker than the magma god with a giant hammer would be able to react to. In fact, the Magma god holding a giant hammer gives off the image of something slow and strong, and unfortunately, that is the worst combo to be facing something so quick.

[Image: doIsKAL.png]

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.
Paws swipe at the puck,
Grizzlies skate with skill and might,
Victory roar loud.

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Is it exciting to have two completely new teams meet in the finals? What did you like or not like about this season?

I think that these finals were fun because we saw Winnipeg finally break through the juggernaut that is Seattle, but I was definitely surprised to see them lose in the final to Philadelphia, and not only lose but lose in a meager 5 games. Philly is an amazing team and they clearly proved it, but I was definitely surprised that they won it all, or at least so convincingly! Since this is my last season on the outside looking in, it was fun seeing my future teammates in Hamilton make the playoffs, even if they got smacked around. I think it will build grit for the next time we are there, and I hope we all age gracefully into a contending team soon!

[Image: ZaoS877.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 04:45 AM by damienj10. Edited 8 times in total.)

I was running on the second line for the Maine timber and it was decent dead ass decent. Broke my total point totals by a small margin but hey. Improvement means improvement regardless how small. I think we just work well together because TPE totals that’s what matter the most at the end of the day the total tpe we have. Tpe equals gym time and gym time equals more tpe and success. We will all be maxed out next season for the Maine timber it’s going to be an absolute mad house. Shooting for the scoring title with the boys is going to be awesome. We have worked hard so any one of us can take home the trophy. The only trophy we are going to be holding is that cup because next season is is Maine timber season! The leading scorer Hirano will take the scoring title as well! Let’s go timber!!!!

154 words

4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)
Write about a time you didn't make the playoffs, and what you did to take your mind off it! Did you expect to miss the playoffs when it happened? Was it a shock? How did you take it? If you've never been on a team that missed the playoffs, tell me about an early exit you made instead.

I remember the day when junior teams didn’t make playoffs that was a big moment back in my early SHL days as a rookie on the St. Louis scare crows and we missed by a mile so no surprises then. Let me tell you that’s rough. The entire team gets bored and stops talking in the discord etc back in the old days it was called the LR as in the locker room because at the end of the day I’m almost at 10 years and man I do feel it. So either the discord or locker room would just die for like 2 months while we wait for the next season it was rough. Sometimes we would miss so early that it was 3 months of angry edgy waiting because everyone was triggered at missing the ploofs. I think I’ve only missed playoffs once or twice but boy do I ever have PTSD from missing them. I don’t wish that upon anybody!!

163 words

7. 7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3331299 +3 tpe
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 06:31 PM by McGriddy10. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Word is Forge

+3 TPE
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both Winnipeg and Philadelphia have taken the long road of drafting and development to find themselves in the Challenge Cup Finals. Winnipeg in full scale rebuild, and Philadelphia in the expansion draft. Each began nearly 10 seasons ago. From your point of view, which build is more impressive? Full scale teardown to challenge cup, or expansion draft to challenge cup?
b. Winnipeg's Mikko Rashford has been an unstoppable assist machine with 25 in 20 GP. If you're looking to shut down Winnipegs offense, who do you target? Rashford, or goal scorers surrounding them? Do you double down on guarding the scorers and letting a pass-first player take a shot, or do you go heavy on the passer and hope nothing squeeks through?
c. Philadelphia's BASE PACK has made over 500 saves in 17 GP. If you're a Winnipeg team looking for a weakness to exploit, do you think this is one? Does this signify an exhausted goalie that you can pepper with shots and eventually break the dam? Or is BASE PACK just an on-fire goalie that you need to find another way around?
d. As always I ask... who you got? Usually when I analyze teams for this segment I see a contrast in results or deployment or something I can latch on to, but these look like remarkably similar teams at this point in the playoffs. So who wins? Why?

A. Philadelphia's development is more impressive to me because an expansion draft allows you to pick and pluck from other teams to fill your team. Being able to see talent in a draft and have them develop thoroughly is very incredible. This is why I feel Philadelphia has the best road to success. Hats Off to @KaleSalad
B. I would stop Mikko Rashford. Body-check him into the boards and knock him out of the finals. Then I'd worry about the rest of the team because I want Philly to win. KaleSalad is such a great GM, and a great friend. Plain and Simple, stop the assist machine and you will win.
C. If I was the Winnipeg GM, and we could use tactics, I would make the team a shot-first team so that way we can exploit the tiredness of BASE PACK. If I send 50 shots, at least 10 will go in the net because he is so tired. Gotta exploit weaknesses. 
D. I got Philly because, in my opinion, they have battled some tough teams like New England and Manhattan coming out victorious both times. This time can they beat a team that is hungry for superiority? Winnipeg will play too hard and that will be their downfall. Let's Go FORGE! Win the Challenge Cup.

+4 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)
Rather than giving you a task where you do something boring like "write about your season" using things like "sentences and punctuation" I figured I could instead ask you to write a haiku about how your season went! A haiku is a three line poem where the first line is five syllables, the second is seven, and the third line is five again.

Season sixty-nine!
Maine was sitting pretty good
Until the playoffs uh. 
+3 TPE

Code:

+3 TPE - Milestones

13/16 TPE

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Fire and Light (150 words min)
Last season I loved the anthropormorphic boats vs. bulls question because people came up with some really fun answers to read, so I'm going to ask it again with the Forge and the Aurora, even though these teams' have less concrete branding. Tell me who wins in a fight: an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light, or a massive magma monster with a giant hammer. The arena and the rules of the fight can be whatever you desire. Get creative!

So the choice is between "an enormous god bear made of colourful rays of light" and "a massive magma monster with a giant hammer" and I get to choose the setting? No matter where, it all ends the same. It is in the description. A literal "God" bear versus a monster. Not even close to the same power levels. A monster is at most a category 3 beast. A literal god bear made of light? That is an S-tier level so like a category 5. Hell, the "monster" doesn't even have a name, just some generic term to call what others might refer to as a blob or creature with a cute over-sized building tool.

You put the fight on the ground. Bear shreds monster. You put the fight in the air. Bear made out of light, no biggie. Bear wins. You put the fight under the water. Again, bear made out of light. Water has no effect, Bear mauls.

It's a bear made of light that is a god. Easy money.

[ 172 words ] +3 TPE

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Season sixty-nine!
The games were a lot of fun.
Until the finals.

[ poem ] +2 TPE (5 total)

Quote:20. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Seige Engine (150 words min.)
We all know what a seige engine is, and we all have a favourite one! If you had to design a seige engine based on your team's branding, what would it be? What would that seige weapon do? What would it look like? What are its advantages? As a graphic option, you can depict what it would look like in action!

I mean, I feel like I am going bear crazy here with my champions week responses. I think it is obvious that the Winnipeg Aurora siege engine would be a... wait for it... a bear.

At first we would try using a real bear and see how that works. First we would have to somehow purchase one, I'm sure Rashford will be hard at work on the phones looking for a circus who is looking to offload a one. While Rashford is on the phone, Jess would be in charge of creating a bear enclosure of some sort. Ace can't be trusted with contractors so he is in charge of finding a trainer to teach the bear how to maul... doors? What are we exactly attacking in this scenario? Are we trying to break into an opposing arena? Or are we magically transported to the mid-evil times and we are raiding a castle?

At any rate, I'm sure the bear would probably end up attacking myself or sublime after we are ordered to try and put a uniform on the bear so this is probably not the best idea in the end.

[ 192 words ] +3 TPE (8 total) - I'd like to see an AI program come up with that!

Quote:21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Startup (150 words min.)
Some out-of-their-mind venture capitalist gave you an insane amount of money to start your own hockey related business. What is it, and why do you want to start it? What need does it address? Does anything else like it exist? As a graphic option, create a very corporate looking power-point slide that pitches your busines to hyper business minded people.

If I had a substantial influx of cash from an investor to start my own hockey related business, I would definitely choose to start a revolutionary new hockey academy. It would house not only ice-hockey players but also eHockey players as well. It would be a shared experience between the athletes and gamers where they could converse and talk strategies.
That way the players who are practicing and training on/off the ice can play some video games to relax and the gamers who are practicing all day gaming, can go out and spend time in the gym and on the ice for relaxation. It is a win-win set up.
I would start my first Academy in New York because that seems like it would have the substantial population to ensure the success of the business. The facilities would have 2 ice-rinks to ensure enough ice as well as a massive LAN room with the top of the line software and gaming rigs.
Also there will be professional chefs who will ensure that athletes and gamers alike are eating properly. Gaming is no different than sports, eating well ensures that your reflexes and thinking are at peak levels and stuffing your face with salt and sugar isn't going to help.

[ 210 words ] +3 TPE (11 total)

Quote:22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)
I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

My dog isn't a fan of walking in the snow, or the cold in general. Even when he is all bundled up, he does his business and then gets inside the warm house as fast as possible. We've had a pretty snowy winter this year and Sprite (my little buddy) hasn't been able to go for a walk for months. Probably since last November. This week it warmed up for 2 days, enough for him to want to go for a walk. So we were able to go for a tour around the neighbourhood for the first time in 2023 and sniff every pole, post, and flower. All-in-all, it was a pretty good week.

[ 114 words ] +2TPE (13 total)

Quote:One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL Affiliate: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid673862

[ affiliate ] +3 TPE (16 total)

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Code:

1. Unlucky

Code:

3. I didnt really get to know my paring mate well, they were very robotic in their day to day life honestly. Show up at the exact same time before games, get dressed while staring straight at the wall unblinking, not listening to music, not talking, not even hydrating. There were no call outs during the games and as soon as the game was over it was right back to the lockerroom, no celebrating wins or anything. they would then immediately get changed into slate grey suits and dissappear only to reappear either next game or for practice that week. It was like that for the entire defensive core if im completely honest. I had to hang out with the forwards all season because it seemed like everyone on defence was some sort of unfeeling unthinking automaton. Weirdly enough the only time I heard any of them speak was when the better of the 5 said "Ill be back" after the last game of the season. Did you know that most of the dmen on the Pride this year had a weird Austrian accent?

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Playoffs Shmayoffs (150 words min.)

Funny enough, this is my first time missing the playoffs, atleast that I can remember. Taking my mind off of it has been pretty easy if im perfectly honest. The team went into the season knowing that we most likely wouldnt be making the postseason unless our coach was an absolute god, and while we still did better than anyone expected, even that challenge might have been too much even for a lesser god. We celebrated wins we shouldnt have gotten like they were our playoffs during the regular season. The way I have personally been keeping my mind off of it has been by looking forward to both the world juniors tourney this year and the IIHF tourney, as well as some minor gaming, both cards and computer, and celebrating the accomplishments of friends, like my teammate Viktor's championship victory in juniors. Turns out its pretty easy to ignore the playoffs if you want to. Go Forge.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 08:35 PM by MN_Moosey. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate +3

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
panic

Milestones +3

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

GM CW Pass

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 04:19 PM by boom. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Trivia word: firey

ISFL Affiliate, username thecanadiancanuck

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Chemistry Lesson (150 words min.)

Sophie's right-winger on the top line of the San Francisco Pride was her linemate from last season in Leon Athanasios. Last season in S68, the two meshed incredibly well together and Athanasios picked up 38 goals. His hard-nosed play was a good complement to Sophie's finesse game which focused more on playmaking and working in space. This season, Sophie took more of a lead in creating her own plays and did more herself in picking up a 30-goal season, but she still was a pass-first player at heart as she added 44 assists on the top line. Going into next season, Sophie will look to build a connection with rookie player Kyle Murray coming up from the juniors. He should hopefully be the beneficiary of some Bordeleau dimes to set up scoring chances, and the hope is that she can really take that jump into becoming a member of the league's upper echelon and break out as one of the league's top scorers.

Quote:6. Written, 2 TPE, Haiku Highlights  (5 words min.)

Team deep in the tank
Sophie did score lots of points
Vote for MVP

7. Milestones +3

Quote:22. Written, 2 TPE, Hope and Hapiness (100 words min.)

I've asked this before, but since it may be my final time writing CW, I wanted to ask it again. It was one of my favourite questions to read responses to. Tell me something that happened recently that you enjoyed, something that brings you happiness, or something you have hope for in the future. It could be a huge thing like buying a house or a small thing like having fun with your lockerroom this season. I just want to give you a chance to write down something positive.

Hanging out in the locker room this season has been really fun even though the team has struggled. Sophie having her first real blowup season was a bit of a thing to rally around and we have a lot of young players to participate with us. I'm really excited about the next few seasons as we add prospects to our new core and build up towards a Challenge Cup contender, and I've appreciated how supportive and awesome the locker room has been this season and since I joined. I'm also super thankful for the support communities I've been a part of this season, both existing and new. Being able to have connections with people like me in the league (yall know who you are) has been a really great experience despite real-life challenges.

TPE: 14.5 + trivia/16

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

GM CW Pass

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]