Create Account

How the Philadelphia Forge won the cup

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with how the Philadelphia Forge won the SHL Finals. This was originally going to about how each team got to the finals, but honestly just talking about the Philadelphia Forge was taking too long and I just figured that it would be ok just to talk about them. So if some of the writing seems a bit odd, that is because I swapped my focus when I was nearly done with it. So without any further ado let's begin:

For the Philadelphia Forge, they started the playoffs with a 7-3 home loss to the Manhattan Rage. They allowed at least one goal in every period, and allowed in 3 goals in back to back periods. Evil AllBran started the scoring for the Forge after Manhattan got the first goal of the game, but the next 3 goals belonged to the Rage. Despite two back to back goals for Hans Graf and Red Kirkby, the next 3 goals belonged to the Manhattan Rage and they took the W. Luckily for the Forge, they took the next W in an extremely high scoring 8-5 game. Both of the goalies must have been begging for it to stop, though only one goal from each team was in the first period, making it look normal at first.

Then the two teams scored back to back goals each in the second period, then there was an unprecedented 7 GOALS in the third as the two goalies basically couldn't stop anything. Lemo Pihl ended up getting a hat trick in this game, and the Forge tied the series at 1-1.

Philly would end up taking the next game as well in a 6-3 win, as Evil AllBran started the scoring in the game as both teams once again scored one goal in the first. The Forge would score 3 in the second to Manhattan only scoring one, and Manhattan would only score one again in the third while Philly scored two to take the victory and make the series be 2-1. Philadelphia would end up dominating the next game 7-1, with two players having 2 goals and 2 assists each for Philly. Manhattan would not score until the third period, and Philly would score 3 in the first and 4 in the third while no team would score in the second, and Philly would make the series 3-1. Deja Vu would occur in the final game of the series, as Philly would again win the game 7-1.

Philadelphia would score 4 in the first period, and Manhattan would only score one in the second for their only goal of the game. Philadelphia closes this series at home 4-1, and are on their way to the next round, where they would face the Atlanta Inferno. The first game would be a victory for the Inferno, as they won 3-2 at home. Despite Walton Stromberg starting the scoring in the first period, Atlanta would tie the game in the second and would score two goals in the third to match and surpass Philly's one in the second. Unfortunately for the Forge, they would also lose on the road again to the Atlanta Inferno 5-1. Walton Stromberg would score Philadelphia's only goal in the first period as Atlanta dominated the game to take a 2-0 lead in the playoffs. 

The good news for Philly is that they got to go back home for the next game, where they won it 7-2. Atlanta would only score once in the first and second periods, and my former Maine Timber teammate Nibbles the Squirrel would score 2 goals and an assist which is nice to see. Evil AllBran also had 3 assists as the Forge made the series 1-2 for them. Philadelphia would also dominate the next game at home, as home field advantage seems to be the driving force in this series so far. Atlanta would only score one goal in the first as Philadelphia would win 6-1 to tie the series 2-2. Home field advantage would again come up in this series as Atlanta would win the next game 6-4 to take a 3-2 lead in the series, as Philadelphia failed to score a goal in the third to match Atlanta's 2. 

Philadelphia would win the next game at home 5-2, as no team would score a goal in the first but Philadelphia would score 4 in the third after the two teams both scored one in the second. The final game would be in Atlanta, and given how this series has gone so far you would think that Atlanta would win this one since they were at home. However, FHM would pull a sneaky on us by having Philadelphia win this deciding game 7 4-1, with the only goal Atlanta would score being in the third. Philadelphia would take the series 4-3, and were on their way to face New England in the next round. In the first game between the Philadelphia Forge and the New England Wolfpack, Philadelphia would win 3-2 in overtime with Conner Snooks scoring the game winning goal.

Philadelphia would win the next game at home 5-4, despite scoring only one goal in the first period and none in the second. Yes, that means that the New England Wolfpack gave up 4 goals in the third to give Philadelphia a 2-0 lead in the series. Philadelphia would take the next game in the series as well 4-1, where New England would give up 2 goals in back to back periods after giving up none in the first. Philadelphia would finish the sweep in the next game at New England 5-4, despite a valiant effort from the Wolfpack. New England really tried thier best in this game, scoring at least one goal in each period and 2 in the third, but Philadelphia took the series in a sweep and is now heading to the finals. Thier opponent ended up being the Winnipeg Aurora, who had just survived a hell of a 7 game series with the Seattle Argonauts to reach the finals.

It did not look good for Philly in the first game of the SHL Finals, as they would be shut out 6-0 at Winnipeg. Despite Philadelphia getting 18 shots on goal, they just couldn't score on the game and were down early in the series 1-0. Philadelphia would take the next game in overtime 3-2 however, with Ricky Koivu, who also scored an assist, scoring the overtime goal to send the Winnipeg crowd home unhappy as the Forge tied the series. The next game would be absolute domination by the Forge in Philly, with them winning 8-1. Red Kirkby would score a hat trick as the Forge scored 3 in the first and 4 in the third as the Philadelphia crowd went crazy for their team. Philadelphia would win the next game in Philly as well 6-3.

The Forge would score hard early, with three on the first. Winnipeg would score 2 in the second, but only one in the third while the Forge would score 3 to take a 3-1 lead in the series. Unfortunately for the Aurora, the Forge would not pull a Golden State Warriors and would close the series in overtime at Winnipeg to win the cup. First-Name Last-Name would ironically write thier name into history as they scored the cup winning goal for the Forge.

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Forge, and congratulations to my Maine Timber boys who are on the team. Hopefully the Baltimore Platoon will be there too... eventually. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Forge Forge Forge

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Great article... but I thought Honk said our sweet Keni was the reason Philly won? I'm confused. @luke hellllllllp

[Image: Wally.png]

03-14-2023, 02:10 PMWally Wrote: Great article... but I thought Honk said our sweet Keni was the reason Philly won?  I'm confused.  @luke hellllllllp

That sounds about right

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: 1084951636885127359.gif?size=96&quality=lossless]

Quote: First-Name Last-Name would ironically write thier name into history as they scored the cup winning goal for the Forge.

Chefs kiss

[Image: gurbs.gif]