Create Account

Anton Mihailov - Retirement letter
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023, 04:47 PM by Mr. Finland. Edited 1 time in total.)

Phew. What a career and what a years it was. I found SHL, because @Fitted2106  mentioned about it at FHM Discord channel. I might be his only recruitee ever, still nowadays lmao. When I started my career @Mutedfaith and @Segi was wonderful and huge help to me what came about how this league run and how to do tasks etc. I wanted also keep my future NT open, so Anton born at Vatican. I created myself after Juniors draft, so I was behind best earners of my class, but ended to have one of the best and most successful career and also achieve 2000 TPE. Some of you might thing where I got my player name? Years ago with our friend circle we played "Are you new Gretzky?" game. Basically one of us create players to EHM database and then we followed those careers and Anton Mihailov was one of my best player which I ever created. SHL is kind of Are you new Gretzky, but with real GM :s etc. So it was easy to got interested of SHL a lot.

I was free to choose what Junior team I want to join and I choose Detroit Falcons, mostly because @Mutedfaith was so helpful to me those days. That was one of the best decisions in my life so far. Never thought how many new friends I could get from SHL and the community. Even nowadays it still amazes me. Detroit Falcons have always place in my heart. I also got an honor to carry "A" at my jersey. It was first and last time at same time. We didn't get success with Detroit while I was playing Juniors, but it doesn't really matter to me.

I decided represent Switzerland, mostly because was it @Mutedfaith who asked me or @Segi, however, with united DACH team we reached first silver medal even we dominate the final. Next season we got our revenge, we beat Finland at final and won first ever WJC gold medal to DACH.

What comes to SHL Draft, it was kind of fun that me and my IRL friend @retuperkele got drafted so late first round pick and when looking back again now, we was maybe better picks than anyone at our class. And yes, I told that to every scouts/GM before the draft. Buffalo Stampede picked me at #17. I never played any games with Buffalo Stampede. I'm thankful to @WannabeFinn and @Tomen trust me enough and pick me, however I'm kind of sad that things doesn't work these times. The main reason why I asked traded, was that I felt myself so outsiders. There was so tight inner circle, it was too hard to find anything to give there. Asking trade was one of the best decisions too. It saved my career. I got offer from Atlanta Inferno, but before that I ask @hotdog contact @Rangerjase because he knows me best from SHL definitely. I told to hotdog if he wanted to get me after the conversation with Jase, then I'm fine.

[Image: unknown.png]

The trade happened and Atlanta Inferno was home to me almost for rest of my career. I'm extremely proud and happy that I spread love of Nash or Cult of Nash to Atlanta too! It was definitely one of my main priorities.

We was SHL finals S64 but our core was still too young to win the cup. S65 we dive against TBB at round 2. S66 was our time to shine. We won first cup to Atlanta ever, when we beat Seattle at final and rivalry of expansion teams. I was also nominee best player of playoffs IIRC. At that season I also become the most efficient player Atlanta Inferno history, sending Eko Van Otter records at least goals and points total to history. After S66 hotdog come to tell me the worst thing what you want to hear. They was forced to trade some players away and one of these was Anton. I'm extremely thankful to @hotdog that he give me possibility to decide where I want to move. So I moved to previous season finalist Seattle Argonauts. I was also surprised that my first recru @retuperkele traded to Seattle too. I didn't know about it when I made my decision. At S67 we bring the cup to Seattle, another expansion team. It was back to back cup to me. Am I one of few rare players who won cup with two new expansion teams? However the story didn't end here. We won the cup again S68, so I became one of the very rare club, winning three cup, back to back to back. Unfortunately we didn't got fourth to me last season, even we was at conference finals.

What comes to IIHF, before I joined to Switzerland national team has won only one medal, silver. I also bring my friend @retuperkele together with me, since juniors days at DACH, later Switzerland and Seattle for our last seasons. At S63 we got another medal to Switzerland, it was silver, unfortunately. S65 we won the gold, first time Swiss history. The fun fact was that @Segi forgot to set new captains after someone retired so @Mediocre_Fred became our captain and he leads the team to Gold, without knowing that he is even alive anymore lmao.

[Image: image.png]

It was kind of hilarious that Anton got almost his all success after regression. The truth is that I was slowly losting my motivation to remember do tasks and since regression I kind of stopped update my player skills or do any tasks, except my site jobs. I kind of didn't wanted even fight against the regression.

What about future? Well. I don't know. I will not recreate for a while. Need to get my motivation back to start new journey. It lasted 2,5 years IRL and should I even create player if I can't take care of it like I did Anton?

---------------------------

I want to thank some people so here it come. It's not ranking, just random orders.

@Fitted2106 - Make me google about SHL and realize that it was almost the same which we (my friends) dreamed for years (Are you new Gretzky?)
@Rangerjase & Nash - I don't honestly have enough words to thank you and Nash. You have been one of my closest friend for years and we met here in SHL. You're probably the only one who still listen my daily updates of Ukraine war.
@Mutedfaith & @Segi - Recruit me to Detroit and Switzerland. You guys are the biggest reason why my career became what it was.
@Jobin & Mol & Rilo - One of my first pet friends was Mol and Rilo. I love how you still have sometimes time to update how's things going on there. I'm little bit jealous to you that you had possibility to met Nash.
@hotdog - The transfer saved my career. Miso is definitely super cute and Pesky oldge boy. Unfortunately you traded your cup talisman away, so I won two more cup at Seattle.
@notorioustig - You took me to Seattle few last seasons and we won few cups together. I remember when you told me that your pick at draft is 21 or 22, but you don't believe me drop so late. Well it was close, was it?
@retuperkele - What a journey it was. Since juniors days at DACH, later Switzerland and Seattle for our last seasons. I'm proud of you and your career. It's pity that scouts/GM doesn't believe me that picking you is one of the best picks. It definitely was.
@Mediocre_Fred - You was maybe the most efficient captain ever. Won a gold, without knowing that you're alive lmao. You're also very few peoples who have time to explain me about USA systems etc. You had also time to listen Armenia-Azeris war situation updates.
@Fantobens & Ted & George - When we start discussion, no matter what is the topic, we always have very fruitful discussions. I'm glad that you have time to my nonsense topics or war situation updates. Or then bring Ted&George pics.
@CapnCooper - After Detroit got new management outside of the LR, it change things a lot. You are maybe the closest "new" guy at Detroit LR to me. Always love to see Mickey and did he already got snow, so I can see his reaction?

All other pets owner - Love you all and your pets. Definitely cuties! Remember give them extra pets from Anton!

-------------------------

About 1412 words.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Thanks for the shout outs. Youve been a fantastic teammate and are a truly wonderful person.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

<3

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Congrats on a great career!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

\_

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

_/ great career buddy, thanks for being a big part of Seattle's journey

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Insane career, was fun to watch you play. Enjoy retirement! \_

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

o7 \_

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

You are the best! Definitely one of the most unique and memorable people I know here and I'm so glad I've had the pleasure to be able to get to know you.

Looking forward to your next step in the SHL whenever the time comes! Mickey and I will still keep up with you though!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Anton goated

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

This stuff right here is why I love this league.

Congrats on a great career!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Dach (swiss) legend

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Great Career! What a player!

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]