Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Quote:PROMPT 2: Isekai sucks as a rule, so you challenge Death to a hockey skills competition for the right to stay in your own world. Corre corre, gatito...

WRITTEN TASK: What skills competition do you think you can beat Death at? Why? Would you try to cheat, or just give it your best shot?

Would be insane to watch it all end one second and then be like in a state of nothing or frozen time. On top of that then be greeted by Death himself, I think that Bnana NWaffles would be quite shell shocked to say the least. Then be told they may return to their world after being dead if they are beating in a skills competition for hockey. Some things need to be figured out first and established, first one does Death have feet? If so then anything skating like fastest skater can be accomplished but if not then there goes that. That would easily be the challenge that NWaffles would smoke Death at since he is a speed demon on the ice. If no feet is the case there is no way that Death would win hardest shot since he would not be able to lean on the stick and into the shot. Would just fall over, flip, or whatever. Also may break an arm or something trying that.

(170 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Quote:What skills competition do you think you can beat Death at? Why? Would you try to cheat, or just give it your best shot?

First of all, no one can cheat death. Many try, and all fail. Any hockey player attempting to cheat death in a skills competition will either need the deathly hallows or actually be Death themselves. With that being said....Aleksi Kettu will be attempting to cheat death. Just kidding, he'd take on Death in a stretch pass competition. I mean, let's be honest, how good can Death truly be at stretch passes? Has he ever played hockey a day in his life? No! Why? Because he's Death! He's too busy being Death to have any real stick skills whatsoever. And let's assume that Death might not be that bad with a stick when he picks one up, accurate stretch passes are a lot more difficult than one would assume, so Death might get a little too confident in his own abilities taking on a top pairing defenseman from the SHL. Kettu will be staying in his own world, thank you very much.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 02:41 AM by diacope. Edited 11 times in total.)

(rabinov teleports to planet digabob) The first thing I need to do before explaining anything is show them how to skate because it's a must, next up it'll be straight training with a chalk board full of song ideas and weights clanking every moment (movie/music montage plays)

Alright now that the learning part is out of the way I have to show these noobs what the game is all about truly and how the fit into their gear I brought with me, since it doesn't rain much over here to play pond hockey we'll do our demo in a oversized freezer and the nets will be a couple of hats lined up four feet apart (no tape measure needed)

..It's been a few months now and the game we all love hasn't caught on, the chef keeps walking through the playing field with rhubarb fish and all my new friends cant withstand the cold for too long being on a warmer planet.. Oh well at least we had some fun, created a catchy anthem that'll be used in the future and kept a few of my new friends off the digabob streets (raiya teleports back to earth)

My hockey player Dwight Knight has become a fanatic of hockey and ever since playing the sport it has been a one track mind for him. Hockey all day, every day. Dwight Knight finds himself waking up feeling thirsty. He goes to a reflection in a bird bath and finds out he has turned brown but his skin is no longer a fleshy and leathery easy to penetrate material. He instead finds himself as a tree with an ornamental face in a garden. He is also wearing a jersey that says Sarasota Sailfish with the name Jones on the back. A shofer arrives and claims "ready to go Stumpy?" Stumpy confused, gets in the car and starts asking some normal small talk things. Like how is the family, any big plans, etc. The driver fills him in, and then proceeds to give him a mix tape that says "fitted world wide, that is described as fire". Fire made stumpy uneasy. but he did not know why.