Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Mr Zopf would prefer to be transported to the world of the Mario Brothers. This way he gets to hang out with one of his favourite characters in Luigi and also would not have to spend too much time explaining the rules and the game of hockey. The lovely folks in the mario world have played hockey before! and are sure to be more than willing to play a few games with Mr Zopf. Mr Zopf would probably begin with trying to teach everonye about certain tactics and strategies that are involved in the game. As for what Mr Zopf can tell, they can play hockey, but they do not know how to play hockey well. Except for Luigi, because he is perfect in every facet. Other than that I think it would end up being some sort of space jam situation where Mr Zopf has to help the gang defeat bowser through the form of hockey, and only then will he be able to return home. I think the main rule change would probably include some lava based features for the whole bowser aesthethic.

185 words

The best part of creating a game from scratch is telling people WHATEVER you want about the game and how it works. These guys had no comprehension of hockey or any sports close to it so I took advantage of that and made it a game of my own. The way hockey works on this world or "Greg's Great Game" as I called it... you get 2 teams of 6 players each. 5 of them hold Greg Canes or Hockey Sticks as we call them, and 1 of them has Greg Gloves. And the person on each team with Greg Gloves stands in front of the Greg Goals while the other 10 players try to hit the Greg Disk at the goal. I thought it would be funny to take the stick away from the goalie since I didn't have to play that position. And while there is no ice on the planet we can't play Ice hockey but I've always been a fan of floor hockey so it's not so bad.

Code:
172 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

PROMPT 1: First, I would start with explaining to them what a goal is by using anything that has a rectangle shape that I could find around me. Then, I would explain to them what a puck is and that you are simply supposed to put the puck into the net. For the puck, I would probably use an overcook hamburger patty, or I would try to build one from dirt. Then, I would move onto sticks. I would build really simple stick from two wooden sticks that would be tied together using some small rope that could hopefully find in this new world. To make a rink, I would create walls with piles of rock that would be used as a board, and I would try to reproduce that shape of a ring with these walls. Finally, I would try to recruit enough people to form two teams that would play against each other, and I would explain most rules as we go and as we run into them.

168 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Prompt 2

I would challenge death to a game of endurance. The rules would be simple, both contestants lace up a pair of skates and skate down an infinite circle of ice as long as they can. Clearly I'm just stuck between realms and have nothing better to do with my time, but death itself would have to make a critical decision between wasting time on my endurance competition or going back to doing their job leading people away from the world. As a professional SHL player I might even have the advantage in the competition regardless of death's outside responsibilities. Skating around in circles is what I do best and since there's no expectation of speed or strength, the only limiting factor is time and stamina. If death pushes me to my limit and I actually end up losing the game, at least I was able to provide some extra chances at life to those who were scheduled to be taken away by death that day.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PROMPT 1: Your player has died and been reincarnated in another world of your choosing. Unwilling to give up on your game, but finding it doesn't exist in your new world, you now need to introduce and grow the game of hockey in this alternate dimension!

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how you would explain hockey to your friends in the other world? What do you use for gear? What do you use as a rink? Does it catch on? Would you change the rules? Go nuts!

Once Uskjal discovers the glorious sport of Ice Hockey does not exist in this alternate dimension he would be mortified. He then would set out and craft the closest equivalent, a sport that retains hockeys most sacred aspects with the things at his disposal in this new dimension. Firstly (and yes, most importantly) goalies. Goalies now are given a drone with a Supersoaker filled with dark matter, with which they can send any opposing players to the shadow realm, excluding the opposition's goalie. This would speed up the game as well as add higher stakes to it, which is something needed when one wants to compete with alternate dimension Laser sword Darts. The next change would deal with the constraints of this new dimension, since this alternate dimension lacks most of our materials, most of the items used only exist in Augmented/Virtual Reality. The puck, lines and rink are projected on each player's retinas, while they move on an artificial ice surface made out of recycled Dominos packages, from the Colorado Raptors food facility. Each player also must undergo invasive eye surgery to have these things permanently and correctly displayed. All of this allows the coaches to draw gameplans onto their player's Augmented/Virtual reality feed in real time to communicate tactics. Lastly, scoring would need to be revised since numbers are a foreign concept to this alternate dimension, therefore the winner is determined by whichever team can claim to sport the longest mullet at the end of regulation. Regulation is made up of "three" "thirds", the end of each of these "thirds" is signalled by a solar eclipse.)

Prompt 1

When the ice rink doesn’t exist, the best way to start would be to do it feet on the ground, deck hockey style. It wouldn’t be hard to convince a bunch of people to run around on an asphalt parking lot, the harder part will probably be acquiring hockey sticks. Since those aren’t easy to just casually make, we’d probably start by using brooms or really big sticks, just because of the wide availability of those to everyone in a household or near a tree. Instead of the puck we’re going to start with the universe equivalent of a tennis ball, easy to find in large quantities, easy to play with to ensure everyone has fun, and safe enough that we don’t need to make people spend money on expensive pads. I think this game would go to be a great success with Willow at the helm because of her driven attitude towards making everything work and her intense attention to detail, meaning that broom ball aka hockey will be a smash hit.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Quote:PROMPT 1: Your player has died and been reincarnated in another world of your choosing. Unwilling to give up on your game, but finding it doesn't exist in your new world, you now need to introduce and grow the game of hockey in this alternate dimension!

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how you would explain hockey to your friends in the other world? What do you use for gear? What do you use as a rink? Does it catch on? Would you change the rules? Go nuts!

Section removed from noted Isekai gem "I was a hockey player but reincarnated in a new world".

The kids from the orphanage gathered around Anthony as he observed them, hockey stick in hand. They all looked in glee and curiosity as the foreigner stretched his arms, striking the air with his weapon of choice so to speak.

"So, you're ready for your lesson, right?" The kids nodded, which in turn made him continue to talk. "So, where I'm from, we play this game called hockey. We play it on the ice in teams of six. You can't touch the puck with your hands unless the puck's in the air and even then, you can only lower it back to the surface. The exception is the goalie, he'll stand prone on the ice, blocking any shots with either load of protection or by just being a huge guy."

The kids all looked to one in particular, who happened to look an awful lot like a joyous, innocent Bob Sapp, who in turn decided to ask their teacher about it. "So like Sappo, teacher?"

Anthony chuckled, patting him on the head with his free hand. "Precisely, Sappo. Precisely."

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Well I think one of the first things you need to do to explain hockey is to explain that the goal of the game is to do something incredibly dangerous very haphazardly and have surprisingly few injuries along the way. We are going to find a surface that, under normal circumstances would be incredibly slippery, but thankfully the knives we strap to our feet are able to give us balance somehow. We are then going to charge at each other full speed in order for the right to carry a small disk across the slippery surface. Finally, we are then going to use sticks to launch the disk at high velocity towards each other in order to get it into an agreed upon goal area. People may be struck on exposed areas of the body causing incredible harm potentially. All in all, a really dumb and dangerous sport, but yet strangely compelling in an almost primal way.

Code:
157 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

ISFL Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

PT pass because I come for death, death comes not for me.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

I thin that the environment of this hypothetical world would be very important and something that we would need to adapt to. If its an ice covered planet, we're set for something easy. Beyond that, and even in the cases of a mixed climate, it may be best to start with something more akin to ball hockey. It's easier to find a surface that would fit these goals, and playing sports or some sort of a game with a ballay be more familiar

Other pieces of equipment can be fashioned into more simplified version of what we have. Shaped branches for sticks even less so than our wooden counterparts would be able to be used to us with a ball made of whatever material is handy

In terms of rules, I think rules like icing may need a change just to keep the game flowing. It would either need to go to a non hybrid, non-touch style, or just keep the play open to incentive the goaltender to play the puck. If it stays, it will need to be name changed depending on climate as well, as icing may not be a helpful term where there's no ice involved

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

In a way to challenge Death and win it, it need to be a goalie competition! Death probably had some skater people to challenged him, but not a lot of people to challenge him to take the pads and make saves so a better chance to win. Dionne will be the goalie first, and after that they will switch place.

First challenge is the traditional shootout. Ten pucks, the one who score the most win. Kinda simple. Enough chances to get some and it should not be equal. With the stats Dionne have, he have a good chance to win. All over 17 to all of them so the probability that Dionne wins it is pretty hight. The more goals you score the more points you get, so if I score 10 goals and save 10 pucks, it would be twenty (20) to zero (0).

The second one is to shoot in net from the other side of the ice. Kinda harder that it seems! Again, it will be 10 pucks to each one, so hopefully one of them will get at least one to get the win in this second part. Not really complicated to calcul the score, each goal is one (1) point.

The last one of the challenges is a skating and puckhandling one, but while wearing the pads! Need to skate with the puck while zigzagging between cones and the fastest to do it win it! We will gave each "player" two (2) try to get it done.

So with this, Dionne has a chance to beat Death and send him back where he belongs.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

ISFL Affiliate: Sebster

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

PROMPT 1: Your player has died and been reincarnated in another world of your choosing. Unwilling to give up on your game, but finding it doesn't exist in your new world, you now need to introduce and grow the game of hockey in this alternate dimension!

Cole is heading back to the 8-bit world and its time to teach them hockey. First things first I gotta head to the high icey mountains to put together my team of penguins. Step two is to find the guys I have to teach. Mario, Luigi, and friends. These guys have been focusing on tennis and beach volleyball, It is time to put them in a real game. To help set up their team we are putting Bowser in net with Luigi and DK back on Defense. Toad, Mario, and Yoshi are the scorers today. Now its this team vs me and the waddle birds. We clearly have the ice experience but not the pure athleticism we may need to pull it out. We know these guys always have some tricks up their sleeves with some sort of Blue shell to make sure things go their way. Lets teach these dudes to play and hopefully we will see a nice release in their next video game!