Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

PT pass - simmer

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

ISFL PT

PT Pass - Developer

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

If I had to explain hockey to someone in a different world and had no idea what hockey was, oh boy that'd be a challenge. I think for starters I would have to make sure they have things like wood and sticks and rubber and metal and you know....ice. So for starters I would show them how we make a hockey stick, I'd show them that we take trees, cut them down into planks and them somehow cut them into hockey sticks, and then I'd show them ice if that isn't already a thing, I'd show them that ice is what you need to skate on, if they don't skate that's gonna be a whole different challenge so I'm just gonna go with baby steps, and then I'd probably have to cut a puck with wood instead of rubber because I'm not that damn crafty, once I got you know, a hockey stick, some ice and a puck I think we can go from there and show them how to move with the puck and shoot it and then show them stuff like goalies and how to skate after that.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

So fun lore behind the actual user: I've actually had an after death experience in real life, thanks to my organs shutting down from severe high blood sugar aged 7. So I know I can kick death's ass at anything, because death can't even do its job properly. If I'm challenging them to a hockey-related skills competition, it would probably be a race of some sort because my strength (both with LSM as a player and me in real life) has always been speed and acceleration, with a shot at the end against a shooter tutor I need to beat. Louise had a breakout season last season in terms of scoring goals, and a lot of her assists were shots that got tipped or rebounds, and Val the user used to speed skate and I still got that dawg in me. The reaper is gonna be more like the weeper after I kick its ass for a second time.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Prompt 1 Written Task Answer: If I were to explain hockey to my friends in another world, I would start by describing the basics of the game. I would explain that the game is played on a rectangular rink, which is divided into three zones: the offensive zone, the defensive zone, and the neutral zone. Each team has five players who skate up and down the ice, trying to score goals and prevent the other team from scoring. I would also explain the importance of the goaltender, who is the last line of defense for the team. The goaltender's job is to stop the opposing team from scoring by using their body and their equipment to block shots. To adapt hockey in an alternate universe, I would consider the unique features of that universe and how they might affect the game. For example, if the universe had low gravity, I might adjust the rules of the game to allow for more aerial play, with players using jumps and flips to move the puck around the ice. If the universe had a different atmosphere, I might adjust the equipment that players wear to protect them from the environment.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Task 2:

William Salming would beat his opponent in a lot of skills competitions. Mostly, he has already won once in his youth a sniper award in a floorball tournament. Salming's task was to shoot five balls to the holes of the net. He scored four out of five shots and won some candy as a prize. So Salming would definitely beat his opponent in a accuracy shooting competition. In a slap shot contest he would probably lose because Salming likes to shoot softly and use his accuracy skills instead of pure power. But then again in a skating contest Salming would probably be better than his opponent just because Salming has watched a lot of motor sports and alpine skiing. He knows to turn into curves and come out of them with a skating line. Salming's straight line speed wouldn't be so amazing, more like an average but in curves and corners he would win time and the contest.

[Image: salming.png]

PROMPT #1:

First of all, Sir Devoir better hope that he can still speak English if he gets reincarnated. As a Pokemon, he had to learn English because all he could say was the name of his own species. However, if Devoir had to introduce the concept of hockey to a new world, he would start by taking an opening between two trees, a few sticks, and a round stone and challenging people to try to get the stone by him by using the stock to push the stone. The first time on dirt would be a bit rough since it would be hard to move the stone, so he would move to concrete and nets made out of stcks and rope.

He would eventually start getting other goalies once it starts to catch on, and uses modified football and skateboarding equipment to simulate the hockey gear. It would take a very long time before it would become any kind of sport, but it is a good start. He wouldn't change any rules from the old hockey he knew, and would even serve as a ref for a few games.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Ugh I imagine death is a serious competitor in a lot of different areas as I wouldn't be the first one to challenge him to a duel. I know for sure I will not be challenging with a fiddle though...

I would have to spend a bit more time on this if my life truly did rely on it, but I think the way I would have the biggest advantage would be to find something that is more possible for a human than for death. If we assume that Death can take human form and do basic human things (eating, interacting with others, etc.) then it would really have to come down to some niche thing that I am good at. Though I am not sure I am really good at any niche skill. Maybe challenge him to a 1-on-1 call of duty game with best of 3 or something like that. But I am not really very good at that game either, but I figure he probably does not know the maps and has little experience playing video games so I think that would give me the edge.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 10:20 AM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

PT pass - PT director

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Prompt 1

Well in order for hockey to take off it has to stop being unaffordable for the vast majority of kids to play. So the world would have to be advanced enough where money is no longer an issue and things are readily available to people. Then you start with the kids and introduce them to the game. The vast majority of hockey players fell in love with the game as kids so that's where to start. Get them excited about how fast you can go on skates. Kids love speed. The start to show them some fancy skating tricks and they'll start to imitate that. Once you have the skating set in then you can add in the rest of the equipment and start showing them the game of hockey. I think it would take years to develop this way but the game would be done right then. Not enough emphasis on being able to skate makes for crappy hockey.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I take a deep breath and begin to explain the game to my friends in the new world. I describe it as a fast-paced sport played on ice, with two teams of players trying to score goals by shooting a hard rubber disc, called a puck, into the opponent's net using long, curved sticks. I emphasize the importance of skating, passing, and teamwork in the game, and how players must also use their bodies to check and defend against the other team.

However, my friends ask about ice, and I realize that there isn't any in this new world. Undeterred, I begin to brainstorm and adapt the game to fit this strange, ice-less environment. I suggest using roller skates instead of ice skates, and a flat surface, such as a basketball court or parking lot, instead of ice. For the puck, we'll use a softer, lighter ball that can still be controlled with the hockey sticks.

As for gear, I explain that players wear protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, and pads to stay safe while playing. I suggest using street hockey sticks, which are shorter and lighter than traditional hockey sticks, and can be purchased or made from materials found in their new world.

Initially, some of my friends are skeptical about this new game and its unfamiliar equipment, but my passion for the sport and my enthusiasm for teaching it begin to win them over. They start to practice together and soon discover the joy and excitement of playing hockey, even without ice.

As word spreads, more and more people become interested in playing this new version of hockey, and the sport begins to catch on. I'm thrilled to see the game I loves taking root in this new world, and I continue to work with my friends and other players to refine and improve the game over time.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt 2:

There is absolutely no way Death would beat me, Bobby McGinnis, at a slapshot competition. Let’s think about this for a second, he has absolutely no muscles or tendons, he can’t add that extra oomph into the shot like I can. Now he might have an argument, Death could literally “kill” the puck, but what does that mean? Does that mean he can slap a puck 200 mph or does it mean he literally makes the puck stop existing? Based on my interpretations, it would be the latter, and therefore Death would have no chance to beat me. Just like Bill & Ted when they challenged Death to a game of Battleship, Bobby would prevail in epic fashion. It’s always a good day to clap bombs, and I would never cheat Death, I’m going to beat death with bar-down clappers, and he is going to have to watch me celly all over the ice when I beat him.

[Image: vKadag8.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

PROMPT 1: Your player has died and been reincarnated in another world of your choosing. Unwilling to give up on your game, but finding it doesn't exist in your new world, you now need to introduce and grow the game of hockey in this alternate dimension!

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how you would explain hockey to your friends in the other world? What do you use for gear? What do you use as a rink? Does it catch on? Would you change the rules? Go nuts!

Well I think the first thing you really need to do is determine if the life forms in this new world possess the ability to play hockey or the desire. If I suddenly ended up in the Upside-Down of Stranger Things I think we might have a few other issues. But I digress, The first thing we need to determine is out ice surface. Having a suitable playing surface is paramount to the game so we should determine if it is available in some shape or form. The ice thing would be we could just use a frozen pond (again assuming we have ice) for a game which would actually probably give the best experience to these new players! Next we need to get our gear sorted out which I think might be pretty minimal if we are going to have the full pond hockey route, Helmet, stick, skates. Finally we just have to get to a few rules, Considering we aren't playing a highly competitive game and it is just on the pond I think we don't need to go into all the line calls, every detailed penalty, or even what standard plays are because those will just come with playing. Well that's it now we have our new sport all set out good luck world 1432574368B!

222 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights