Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Prompt 2
I have no idea who or what Isekai is, but I can at least imagine a hockey skills competition with Death. If there's one thing an average hockey player has a chance at beating Death at, I would guess it would be a skating event. I don't know for sure if Death floats (just making skating impossible) or does in fact have feet.. but I have to think if they do have feet that traditional long black cloak they wear would inevitably get in the way and trip them up. You could maybe argue death has some kind of special ability that prevents that from happening but everyone makes mistakes and maybe they just wouldn't think of it y'know? I have this image in my head of death trying to skate but just flailing around the ice like bambi because every time they take a step they catch some fabric and then eventually tumble head over heels as my player skates circles around them. That might not work out though I guess because Death could just kill her but hey.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

prompt 2

[Image: sVq1iMl.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Prompt 2:
I’ve died, and now I gotta 1v1 death to have a shot back at life, I’ve only played one season so I better make this count. Better play to my…. STRENGTH. Death is a challenging competitor, obviously very athletic and skilled. If I want a second chance at life I need to play this right. I could play to my fighting and challenge him to a one-on-one. Although if he touches me it’s all over so maybe not. We could play a game of last man standing, and see who can block more shots in a row without giving up. With Death being a skeleton, some of those shots will go right through him so advantage death again. Wait, I’ve got it! I’ll challenge death to a hulk off. In this challenge, we start by taking an old abandoned arena and freezing ice on all the floors and ground around the arena. Death and I will line up at the front gate with our skates on. When the ref blows, we race to be the first one at the back gate. The catch is, we have to skate through the arena, with all the doors locked. Death and I will have to find another way through, by breaking through the walls. This catch turns this race into a competition of speed, strength, and time management. We’ll have to be fast because it’s a race and I need to win. We’ll need to be strong to break through the walls quickly and keep a lead. Finally, we’ll need to manage our time, because as more walls come down, the arena becomes more and more unstable. Stick around too long, and you may not be able to get out.

[Image: latrielle.png]
Sig. Graphic made by Ragnar

Prompt 1:

If I was transported to another world without hockey, explaining would be easy! I would just say, "Get this puck thingy in that net."

Oh wait, we have to do it on ice.

Oh wait, the ice needs boundaries.

Oh wait, you can't grab the puck thingy

Here, use these sticks. 

Oh wait, we need teams of five. Yes, if you get tired you can sub out whenever.

Oh wait, just that you can't sub out if you hit the puck thingy into the trees. 

Oh wait, we can't kill each other, right? So timeout to anyone who does bad things. 

Oh wait, we don't like to ban all bad things though, so you can fight and I won't be mad.

Oh wait, here's some pads so when you try to legally kill each other, it hurts less. 

So, yeah, that's about it. Let's say we do this for an hour each day. Sell it, and you can make billions.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

All I can say is that it is impossible to beat death with hockey or any other physical activity. Death is a natural and inevitable part of life, and no one can escape it, no matter how physically fit or skilled they are. While hockey can be a thrilling and exciting sport, it also carries a risk of serious injuries, such as concussions, broken bones, and spinal injuries. These injuries can significantly reduce the quality of life and, in some cases, even lead to premature death. Furthermore, even if one manages to avoid serious injuries while playing hockey, aging is an unavoidable reality that eventually affects everyone. As the body ages, it becomes more susceptible to various health issues, which can ultimately lead to death. Therefore, it is essential to enjoy hockey and any other physical activity while being mindful of one's safety and health, but it is impossible to beat death with any physical activity.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Fry had always believed that nothing could keep him away from the rink. But after a tragic accident, he found himself in a new world, filled with unfamiliar landscapes and customs. Yet despite the strange surroundings, Fry remained determined to keep playing the game he loved.

As he explored this new world, Fry realized that there was no hockey to be found. It was a world where sports were played with swords and magic, not skates and sticks. But Fry refused to give up on his passion.

Determined to introduce hockey to this new world, Fry spent every waking moment studying the culture and traditions of the people around him. With persistence and a lot of hard work, he began to develop his own version of hockey, incorporating elements of magic and adventure that would capture the hearts of the people in this world.

Slowly but surely, Fry's new version of hockey began to catch on. Teams sprang up all over the world, and crowds flocked to see the thrilling games that Fry had created. And though he knew he would never forget his old life, Fry was happy to have found a new home in this alternate dimension, where his love for hockey could live on forever.

(208 Words)

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Prompt 2: History has always taught us the best way to beat the devil in a competition is to make it about music. So the "hockey" skills competition of my choosing would be to play the best possible song using standard hockey equipment only: a stick, a puck, skates, and a goal. While some might simply try to lay down some basic beat by tapping on the ice with their stick or banging it against the posts while focusing on the vocal part, this is a lame approach and puts the hockey aspect of it in the background and surely will score poorly. Fortunately for Jarrod Lakemore, as a high British energy youth he naturally gravitated towards drums as his musical instrument of choice in his younger days and will put on his best Keith Moon impression as he bangs away on the crossbar with the puck, lays down a beat by rhythmically beating his stick into some goalie pads, and taps away on the ice with his skates. The devil may have went down to Georgia, but when he flew across the pond to Liverpool, his chances of stealing a soul simply melted away. (193 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

There is one thing that Conner Snooks could beat Death at and thats looking like the hottest man in the SHL. Death doesn't stand a chance. Conner spends 300$ on his haircut. Spends the perfect amount of time at the tanning booth to look like a marhmellow you just perfectly toasted over the fire. And the gym? Well Conner lives there, especially since his move to Edmonton. Definitely the best looking player in the SHL as he was won the "SHL Sexiest" by the SHL Fan Magazine since he joined the SHL. He was too hot for the Forge so they had to trade him to the Blizzard and even up in Edmonton they can't cool him down. In fact, the local government in afraid of the impact of having such a hot player in the area could have on the ecosystem. Death could never be this hot. Dante's Inferno pails in comparison to Snooks.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Wow a very anime themed PT, lets give it a shot.

So for me to create Hockey in another world, I would definitely need ice magic. I don't think every everywhere world has ice skating. So before we get ice hockey, I Think we would need ice skating. I Would freeze a lake because I would clearly have the ice powers to be able to do it. Once the lake was created, I would work on creating skates to be able to get around on the ice. That way people would want to go around on the frozen lake for fun. Then I would find some kind of bin as well as some kind of wood shape hockey puck. I would then fashion a sort of hockey stick out of a tree. This would then just be a fun game of get the puck in the bin. From there I would start to show how its a game with people and skills and how you can crash into each other. Slowly but surely I would take ice skating into ice hockey. The last step would then be creating a sort of arena. With the power of magic we would be able to bring it anywhere and make money while people came to watch. And that would be how hockey would take over another world

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

I didn’t understand hockey that much until @TheSparkyDee taught me the rules about hockey. I thought it was just try and get the puck into the net, but there was way more to it than that. There is certain rules you have to follow, you can’t just leave players standing by the other goalie. It is something called “icing”. Oh have to keep all players behind the blue line and the puck too? I think. But anyway hockey is a fun sport after you learn more about it. Soccer is another sport I learned about from him. Who knew there was so much stuff that went into these sports. He told me about other rules of hockey, but I don’t really understand or remember any of them. I think he tried his best when explaining it to me, but there is too much to learn. Like for example why do players have to only go 20 seconds then go right to the bench? Makes no sense. 

169 words

Prompt 2:
Marton isn't on the ice for the traditional, flashy skills: no accuracy, fastest skater, or even hardest shot over here. But he figures this challenge with death is supposed to be hockey related and he can't just choose Survivor trivia or a bratwurst eating competition. He thought about faceoffs, because he had a decent percentage last year, but that's still too much of a coinflip for his liking. Then *that* thought led him to the answer: faceoff circle possession game.

For those who aren't familiar, the setup is simple: one player tries to keep possession of the puck for as long as possible, and the other player tries to take it away using any legal means. The catch is that both players have to stay within the center ice faceoff circle. It's okay if one skate slides out, but if both feet leave the circle it's a loss and if the puck leaves the circle it's a loss for the holder. With his physical attributes and stickchecking, plus Death's thing only-bones body, Marton is confident he can win this one easily.

And no cheating, but one caveat: Death has to use his scythe instead of a hockey stick.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Prompt 2:

The skills competition I would have to challenge death to is a passing competition of sorts on the ice. After Smurfunkel Dothe picked up 38 assists in his rookie year, he showed an incredible ability to move the puck and he would have no issue at all taking care of death. He would cheat though because if you are not cheating you are not trying. I would invent a puck with a guiding system in it that could be controlled remotely. In order to ensure success using the guiding system, I would scour the earth for the most famous and skilled drone flyer in the world. Death being out of practice in the sport would also give me an advantage due to my incredible passing ability and handling of the puck. I have no doubt in my ability to defeat death for I am immortal and death should be afraid of me.

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic