Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2023, 10:20 AM by minaj27.)

First, I would explain that hockey is a fast-paced, physical team sport played on ice, with the objective of scoring goals by shooting a small, hard rubber disk called a puck into the opponent's net. Each team has six players on the ice, including a goaltender who defends the net. For gear, I would recommend using skates, sticks, helmets, gloves, and pads. Skates are necessary to move around on the ice, sticks are used to handle and shoot the puck, helmets protect the head, gloves protect the hands, and pads protect the body. As for the rink, it can be created by clearing a large, flat area of snow or ice and marking out the boundaries with cones or flags. To get people interested in the game, I would organize demonstrations and exhibition matches, invite people to try out the equipment and take part in some drills and exercises. I would also explain the rules and strategies of the game in a way that is easy to understand and engaging.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Prompt 2:
Well you see, much of death's imagery involved a skeletal appearance. A skeleton's range of movement is limited due to not have musculature or tendons that allow for smooth moving joints. Assuming death is powered by some dark magic or something, I know for a fact that this boney bozo does not have silky smooth hands. Those shriveled baby carrots could not keep up with the soft mitts of Eaglesong. Death also works alone in their endeavors so I would think they would be a good goal scorer but not much of a passer. The skill that I would challenge this amalgamation of death is that of a passing challenge. Long distance tape to tapes, bank pass ricochets, and especially the classic mini net sauce over barriers. Now I do not have the best hands but I know for a fact that my hands are better than Death's. Those little boney fingers cannot keep up and I would escape with my life.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Prompt 2:

If GK was to face death in a skills competition, it would have been precision passing in the past as GK in his prime was a prolific passer, and even managed to break the season assist record with 71 assists. However as GK ages, I feel like the tide swings closer and closer in deaths favour, as the things that GK was good at are not as polished as they once were. If this were a question that was posed back in S63-65, I would say GK would wipe the floor with Death, but at this stage in the game entering season 70, GK would have to pray that Death either screws up or GK will need to get diry and slew foot death just so he can have a chance at winning.

All in all, I would probably put my money on death at this point in time, as GK’s days are probably numbered by now.

(157 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

It would not be the easiest test. If I have to beat death in one of the hockey tests, then I have to think hard about which one it would be. If we have to compete in speed trials, I think she would have the advantage of being able to teleport or fade away. The only thing where I could compete with this creature would definitely be the post-game streaks where I could show how talented I am, because death can hardly do tricks as good as I do. This is a very difficult topic to talk about and discuss because death is multifaceted and I think it would be difficult to compete with such a being. You might even be able to compete in the competition of the strongest shot, because death would definitely not teach you how to hold a hockey stick. I think there are only a few things that anyone could compete with him at all.

Code:
PROMPT 2: Isekai sucks as a rule, so you challenge Death to a hockey skills competition for the right to stay in your own world. Corre corre, gatito...

WRITTEN TASK: What skills competition do you think you can beat Death at? Why? Would you try to cheat, or just give it your best shot?

I would choose to have a skills competition against Death for sure. I would love the idea of having a head to head speed competition. I would want to be 2 laps though so there is a little endurance required as well, because I believe Death is an out of shape old man, so I want to make him work. And would I cheat? Absolutely!! I am fighting against Death after all, its win or….die. So there is no reason to not do everything I can to win because after all, what do I have to lose? Maybe I keep some marbles in my pocket and can throw them in front of his skates, or maybe even a stick if I get really desperate. And knowing Death, he is going to cheat too, so all is fair game. This is a must win event, so winning is necessary by any means that are needed.

154 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Explaining hockey to people who have never seen it and presumably dont even speak a common language would be difficult for sure, but not impossible. First, I would see if these people have a sport or something that they play. Ideally it would be something at least comparable to hockey. Something where the goal is to move a maguffin into enemy territory and do something with it, whether it be put a ball in a hoop, a ball in a net or a quaffle in a ring. NExt I would have to fashion skates of some kind. Depending on the iciness and technological level of this mythical alternate dimension group, this could prove to be the most challenging part. Either that or when I introduce fighting into the mix.

Ideally we would use an ice surface, such as a frozen lake, as the arena, but I would switch to a ball hockey format if the alternate dimension was located in a tropical climate. After that it is simply getting people out and learning the rules by doing. That is never the hard part and is always fun. Now hopefully the other dimension has beer for the locker room after the game.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

PROMPT 1
The other world I would choose to reincarnate in would basically be a copy of what we have today, just to make sure that it would be at least somewhat habitable. To introduce the game I think I would have to start with finding some companies that manufacture things that are similar to hockey gear. I would at least need a few hockey sticks, skates, pucks and nets. Then I would just go to wherever I find ice and start playing by myself, until some people would come and ask what the heck am I doing. Then I would just equip the curious people and start teaching them the rules and make sure they will also introduce their friends to this sport.

The rulebook version I would introduce them would be a bit different. I would get rid of offside. I would also just not tell them about fights. I would never tell them about different point systems than 3-2-1-0. Goalie gear size would also be a more limited and/or the nets would be a bit bigger.

[Image: sulov.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

DAD is one of the heaviest and strongest player in the SHL, so he would definitely challenge Death to a bench press competition and a chin-up competition. Death is only a skeleton with a cape and a blade. Death definitely does not have enough muscles to compete with DAD in a strength competition. DAD is a very cut guy with a chest that is as hard as vibranium. For the bench press competition, DAD would let Death play first, as he's analyzing how quickly he will beat her. They all would have to bench press 6 plates in total, 270 lbs + de bar. In fact, Death only managed to do two reps before hearing her bones cracking. Laughing, DAD does 4 reps without even breathing because it,s too easy for him. In the last challenge, they both have to do a maximum amount of chin ups. Death only does 30 reps and DAD managed to do 60 reps. He could have done more, but judges told him to stop. Death's bones were almost broken as she does not have any muscle. DAD finally got his chance to go back to the real world and play hockey.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

If Hodor was transported to Westeros, he'd definitely try and bring hockey with him as it's one of the things in life he likes to do and that he's good at. His explanation would go like this: "Hodor! Hodor hodor hoooodor hodor." That pretty much sums up everything they'd need to know. Since Hodor usually resides in Winterfell where it's perpetually cold, ice rinks wouldn't be that hard to create by just going to the nearest lake and creating the rink boundary. They'd make nets out of lashed branches and fishing nets and use smoothed river rocks as pucks. They'd be harder to manipulate and hurt more when hit but what's hockey without pain? For gear they'd use shaped animal skin pouches stuffed with elk fur and strapped to the bodies of players with strings of sinew. Since animal products are so necessary, they'd probably be a big hunt before a game to gather materials and create the needed equipment. For hockey sticks they'd just craft their own again with tree branches.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Prompt 2

Let me begin by apologizing for my level of aggressive language used over the course of this writing passage. Also fuck you. Death is a bitch. This is supposed to be about my player but screw that.

There is a noodle and dumpling shop sandwiched between a bookstore and a laundromat on University Street in Sanxia, New Taipei City with a large green lettered sign that badly translates to 'Overseas Dragon.' They serve a kimchi and ground pork fried dumpling that I would slap my grandmother for a plate of. I'm not joking. These dumplings are hand-rolled, steam fried to be crispy on the bottom, and soft and chewy on top. The filling is savoury, tangy, slightly spicy with that strong umami punch from the kimchi. They serve it with these unmarked little sauce packets of a thickened, sweet soya sauce, and a matching packet of chili sauce. Mix em together and I do not fucking stutter when I say it is the king of sauces. The combined experience is beyond tasty. 

That being said: there is no being within the fabric of eternity, living or dead, fancy scythe and robe or no, who could eat more of these delicious little fuckers than me. Square up. Fly me there, you're picking up the tab. Let's fucking do this. My soul on the line? A secondary concern. If I'm going to either be damned for eternity or cursed to an eternity on this hell-planet THEN YOU BET YOUR SWEET CANDY ASS THERE WILL BE DUMPLINGS ALONG THE WAY.

[Image: banes.png]

Prompt 2:

I would challenge Death to a puck control relay. I can't imagine he's ever held a hockey stick, let alone controlling a puck with one. I'd tell him to watch past All-Star game skills competitions and gather as much knowledge as possible before taking me on. The course would be designed similar to those challenges to make sure he'd be getting proper information. However, I'd only give him 2 days to watch and practice before the challenge happened. The added bonus is he probably hasn't been on skates either so I'm pretty confident this will end well for me.

Day of the competition arrives and this guy is just slipping and sliding all over the ice. He let me pick the stipulation to stay in my world, this is his fault. We start the competition and I finish the whole relay before he even gets back up from his first fall. It was embarrassing if I'm being honest.

(158 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]