Create Account

S70 PT #0: Otherworldly Forecheck Due: March 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

alright look ok, so ice hocky is sport on ice with stick and little black puck. Two teams, each with 5 players, skate fast and try to shoot puck into other team net. The game is played in three periods, and team with most goals win. There are rules like offsides and icings that dont make snse but also make perfect sense. Players wear a lot of padding and helmets because the puck goes fast and hit hurt. There's also fighting sometimes, but it's not allowed, but it happens anyway.Ice hocky is super popular in Canada, but also in United States, Russia, and other country. It's fast and exciting, with lot of strategy and skill. If you ever come to earth, you should check it out, it's a good time. Zorgon is my favorite planet outside of the earth and that is where im explaining hockey to my homies on zorgon called the zogo people.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Ok, so listen up, I’m only gonna explain this once before we try to play. Hockey is a wacky game where we strap knives to our shoes so that we can glide on top of a sheet of frozen water. We then use these long wooden sticks to whack around a little disc made of rubber, and the goal is to get into the other teams goal. One guy is supposed to stand in front of the net and his goal is to try and stop the rubber disc, usually called a puck, from getting into the net. The other five players are responsible for getting the puck into the net. Hockey is a game where you are allowed to hit other people but only to a certain extent, don’t go too crazy or you might get sent to a timeout box to think about what you did wrong. That just about sums it up, and yes it is an absolute caveman sport. 

Prompt 1

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Prompt 1:

Ricky Koivu and all of his brothers were transported to a world without hockey, or even a concept of it, and they were completely lost as to what to do. Ricky was unsure how they could use all their years of experience in hockey to help them out in a world that has no concept of what it is. How can you even put that on a CV? It's like making up a job that you worked all your life and trying to seriously present that to a potential employer. However, putting their heads together, all the Koivu brothers figured out career paths for each other. Ricky is going to be a school professor, using his brains to quickly work his way up the ranks. Tommi Koivu became a football coach due to his background in the sport. Wide Peepo Happy 3 became a swimmer due to his incredible wingspan. Binko Koivu became a tech programmer because he's a nerd, and in a similar vein Paul Koivu became a scientist, but not the cool kind, a really nerdy one. As for Jolmi Koivu, he became a bodybuilder and got like super shredded, even moreso than usual. Overall, from a horrible situation, the Koivu brothers rebounded very well and managed to get solid non hockey careers going (218 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Prompt 1:

I think getting other people to play hockey would be quite easy. It is worth noting that the sport of hockey is one of the first to become big enough to justify a professional league, meaning the existence of media and their ability to tell people that hockey sucks, everyone thought hockey was the best. However, there are questions that need to be asked. Do they have skates? How advanced is this society? I can't make hockey sticks if they do not even have the technology to cut trees. Assuming I am not talking to a bunch of cavemen, I'd probably just start walking around some ice with a makeshift stick, using a rock as a puck and two random objects as goal posts, until some people get curious enough for me to explain how I can make this game even more fun. I definitely would have some rule changes. If the goalie steps out of the crease, it should not be a penalty to check them. Also, lets ditch the trapezoid rule, if the goalie wants to handle the puck let him.

PROMPT 1:

Well, guess Sean Davies is dead now. So that's a huge bummer for him. Now he has to spread the gospel of hockey in the afterlife. How does he do that? Well, guess it depends on what the afterlife is like. If it's all fire and brimstone where going to have to get creative. No ice, we're playing floor (rock?) hockey. Everyone can carve themself a stick from a stalagmite (or stalactite if they're feeling frisky) and we will play on the smoothest patch of ground we can find. A bunch of stacked rocks will serve as goals, and the best pond skipping rock will be our puck. Rules are going to be simplified. No offsides or anything like that. Just hit the puck in the goal with your stick; no kicking or hand passing allowed. Pretty straightforward. Checking is allowed, but no using your stick as a weapon. We'll start with that and work up to something more complex over time. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 12:04 AM by Seany148.)

Prompt 1

Edžus would start by trying to directly show what it is, grabbing a random stick, a ball, and pushing said ball around. That… wouldn’t really work, so he’d try to explain hockey as simply as it can be: 5 players for each team plus a goaltender in front of a designated zone for goals, different zones separated by lines, known as offensive, middle, and defensive zones. Of course, Ozolins would mention the actual stick and puck used in games, because let’s be honest, a broom and a tennis ball aren’t the best idea ever. For gear, a football helmet can be used to protect players, even though it will be heavy. Skates already exist due to ice skating (obviously), so no need to change that. Next, gloves just have to be oversized winter gloves, and for the goalie, oven mitts. Lastly, the rink could simply be a frozen lake in a really cold place.

154 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

I would explain hockey to those that do not know of what it consists of in 3 simple ways. First, under the assumption that I am already in hell, and I am teaching the sport to either tortured souls, or demons. (All of my hell knowledge comes from lucifer, great show, until season 5 and 6, holy fuck that was so bad). The first thing you do is scoop up some magma (not lava, because we are underground) and you pour that magma into some stick casts until it hardens into metal? No idea how science works. Second, you chisel a hellish stone nice and smooth into a puck shape. Third, and most important, and also the hardest, the skates we will use is something that floats on magma without burning, because our rink is going to be a magma pool, i do not know what is on our feet though, let's just assume i do. Once we have all of those materials, it should be pretty straight forward to teach people how to play

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

If Kermit Murphy was forced to choose a life of death game against Death or some sort of grim reaper like figure of myth, it would almost certainly have to be a hardest shot competition. In addition to being a total beef boy standing at 6'4 and weighing in at 230 pounds, Kermit has long been known for possessing an immensely heavy and powerful shot that can blow by goalies. Being able to put his full frame in addition to a little bit of life or death desperation would surely result in Kermit being able to set at least a new personal best, if not a world record for the hardest shot ever taken. It should also be noted that while the grim reaper is magical in nature, they obviously possess very little muscle mass based on the skeletal nature of their build. Plus a scythe would make a terrible hockey stick, meaning that Kermit would almost certainly live to take Death's place as the ferryman of souls to the underworld

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

prompt one

ya ok so you wanna know what hockey in the giga dimension looks like then you got it first of all its mostly the same as hockey but more is more and more is good and i just need more so we use olympic ice but its like three ice rinks do you remember that one map in early rocket league that was the middle then with two hills on the side well its basically like that and now the ice arena managers are some of the highest paid people on the planet and the all hockey players have legs like sid the kid so you can imagine what his gigalegs look like here with all that incline second of all i can lay down some real sick hits with all the downhill elbows at mach five and also theres six players on each team for some extra chaos but we do full moneypuck rules shit gets crazy sometimes the puck is on fire sometimes theres like ten pucks its great but also please no more leg days

prompt 1 written

I, Pablo Salvatici, the superstar forward who is by now deep into regression and no longer helping his team the Atlanta Inferno based out of Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America was just sucked into a brand new dimension!!! Pretty wild stuff hey? It shook me up and rattled me to my core but didn't rattle me quite as much as finding out that the beautiful game of hockey does not exist in this new dimension. Instead there are these weird things that people here call Pokemon. Naturally I started up the first game of hockey and taught people how to play by having someone with an ice type freeze a body of water and then I used some other weird pokemon thing to cut branches off trees and then we whacked this little rock looking thing that turned out to be alive but enjoyed the pain?? Very weird dimension. The rules stay mostly the same except instead of going to the penalty box you now get blasted at close range with some crazy move that probably would kill you but this dimension just doesn't have death. Crazy game of hockey being made up here.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

hockey is doubtlessly important but you know whats more important? thats right, the holy word of e. e e e e e e e e. spreading the word of all that is holy and good to this new, strange, magical world is doubtlessly far more important than figuring out how to play hockey. e e becomes a missionary, a revolutionary, a prophet - oh wait, he already is all of those things. Maybe he can fit some hockey in there. as a treat. but! the rinks will be e shaped. the puck? e shaped. the sticks will be e shaped, the helmets will be e shaped, it will generally be known as hock-e rather than hockey, and it will be a better sport for it. bitches may whine about separation of game and church or some shit but salvation is more important.

he'll make all of this weird e shaped equipment out of like trees probably

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Prompt 1 

Waking suddenly from what felt like a dream only to discover that he is now in a world one thousand years in the future from his last memory Happy find himself in a world that has rid itself of all professional sports. Refusing to let a little thing like practicality, reason, and a general nonexistence get in his way he developed a plan and set out to build the “new” first Hockey teams. 
Step One Wait for winter, explaining the sport will be easier once the concept of ice skating is understood. 
Gathering up every person he has met happy passes out homemade skates made from altered boots and scrap metal something that would never pass in his past life. 
Setting up custom made goals from scrap piping and a large bedsheet Happy handed out sticks that had been meticulously selected for their shape and size he split the group up into teams of six explaining the most important rule knock the plastic block he had found to use as a puck into the net. Happy never was one for the “Softer rules” like slashing or high sticking and only felt the need to explain icing. Without the ability to build a proper padding system for a goalie the six members were split into three forwards and 3 defensemen. As the game went on people gathered to watch. In a world without sport people’s natural competitive nature had no outlet which caused the interest in hockey to peak. While the first game was being played that day it was far from the last as the sport would go on to grow into something larger than the current day SHL. 
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 01:59 AM by Canadice.)

Prompt 1 Graphics

It's a world with no ice so the rink is made of grass
[Image: rink_Unknown_Team_0.png]

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]