Create Account

S70 PT #1: The Antagonist

You know, I would have to imagine that Podcalzone is fairly well liked within the organization. Having spent basically all but his rookie season wearing a letter on his sweater, Podz has done well to generate a good rapport with many members within the organization, including management and the coaching staff, as well as the regional commentators.

That being said, one of the consequences of being at a quasi-leadership position is the subsequent need for accountability. When the team isn't performing up to speed, the trickle-down effect eventually has to land at the bottom of the bucket to someone, and that usually goes to the captain of the team. During stretches of his career where he wasn't playing up to par (that one season in particular where his point total dipped really comes to mind), or when the team was struggling to generate deep playoff runs, Podz heard it all from the local media. In the end, the media needs to generate stories. They need to find causes. When they're all out of possibilities, the easiest person to blame seems to be the captain.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PT pass SIMMMER

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Sven Petterson's first career goal will always be a memory he cherishes. His first season was a true learning experience, and lacked a lot of highlights. His first career goal, however, was one of them. Sven was on the ice to kill off a penalty late in the third period against the St. Louis Scarecrows. The Malamutes successfully killed the penalty, and maintained their 2 to 1 lead. Sven noticed the Scarecrows making a lazy line change and saw his opening. His speed and acceleration are tremendous for a defenseman, and he turned on the afterburners despite aching legs following a long shift. Just before crossing the blue line the Scarecrow defense realized their mistake, and began to recover. Sven found himself in a one on one race with the last Scarecrow back. Even though he has silky hands and isn't the biggest player, he opted to power the puck to the crease. Using his off arm to shield the puck from the defenseman, he cut across the crease and pushed the puck toward the net. In the chaos of it all, he didn't even see it go in - but it was a moment he will remember for the rest of his lifetime.

Scoring my first goal was a moment I won't ever forget, it's a scary thing to think about when you first get drafted, "is it going to happen?" "how will I react when and if it does?" you overthink it a lot, luckily it didn't take me long to start sniping goalies in the SMJHL, I just got in my own head and was making it more difficult then it needed to be. Luckily I had some amazing teammates in Kelowna feeding me and I have them to really thank for it. It's one of those moments that are just so difficult to explain, it gives you chills, you got so many people screaming in excitement for you, sometimes you don't really get the time to bask in the moment you kinda have to just go with the flow and get hyped for yourself, you get to keep your first puck that you scored with and trust me that bad boys sitting on the shelf as we speak.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Code:
Written Task: Tell me about that one character in your org - a coach, an AGM, a scout, the color announcer, it could be anyone - who just doesn't like your player. Does he hate your game? Is it just a personality clash? Why? (150+ words)

Kawashima is a well liked guy within the Edmonton organization. There however is one person who just hates his guts and Kawashima hates his guts back. This person being the teams coffee guy. It happened one afternoon after training, Kawashima had only been with the club for two weeks at this point. He walked up to the coffee machine and pressed the cappuccino button. The machine poured out the cappuccino. However the machine did not stop dispensing cappuccino. In a comic fashion Kawashima kept grabbing cup after cup filling them to the brim with cappuccino. Trying to outtime the machine until it had no more cappuccino left.

After about 21 cups, the machine started to sputter out the final splatters of cappuccino. The scenes were horrendous, despite Kawashimas best attempts there was still cappuccino everywhere. The worst part happened when Kawashima accidentally bumped into the table next to him, on which he had put all the cups. Everything fell over... At that moment the coffee guy walked in and saw the scenes. Maybe he was just having a bad day, but he started yelling at Kawashima, which Kawashima did not appreciate and yelled back.

At this point the two became huge enemies.

[202 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Miguel Hefeweizen hadn't had too many issues with anyone at all in the Winnipeg Aurora organization. Miguel is a pretty laid back type of guy who tries to get along with everyone. Other than some verbal altercations with nosy reporters, Miguel tends to stay on the down low. That all ended when the Aurora drafted uppity prospect James Ward-Prowse. At first Miguel thought they could get along, but it soon became obvious that James was jealous of Miguel's prowess on the ice. The snide comments, 'old man' jokes, and just smug demeanor that Ward-Prowse had just really started to annoy the heck out of Miguel. Miguel resolved to be the bigger person and ignore him, but that all changed when he found out the most shocking development of all. Ward-Prowse casually dropped one day that he thought Scotch was better than Bourbon. Miguel was speechless. It was then he decided that there simply was no way that he and Ward-Prowse could ever get along.
170 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

CREATIVE PROMPT: There is a pro scout in our organization that really doesn’t seem to like me. The good news is that, since he is a pro scout, we rarely see each other since is he on the road watching other teams most of the time, but once in a while, he will come and watch us play and he will spend most of the day, which means we will run into each other. It’s always kind of awkward when we come face to face which is usually when I go get lunch at the arena on game days. I will usually say hi to him, but his response I always weird and I feel like he would like it better if I didn’t acknowledge him. During a lunch, he once stole a chicken breast directly from my plate, because there were none left to be picked in the tray and I choose to say nothing to avoid a public confrontation. He once told me he hates the way I played, which is where I think his hatred of me all come from.

181 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

I would say that the player that doesn't fil with Dionne, is the new Renegades that they signed in the off-season, Clem Fandango.

With his british accent and his clearly aversion for french people when he entered the locker room, he didn't make friends at first (and even after...). Don't know if all the British are like that, but hope not, they don't control the world.
We got three french people on the team, the starting goalie, first line winger and a top 4 defenseman so he did not make a good first impression.

On the ice, you clearly see that he doesn't have first pairing potential, but he will good enough first the third one. Some positional mistakes, his blcoks shot are not that good and often make it worst for Dionne to block of scored in his own net during practice.

Not the best acquisition from the management, but the good news it's only for one year, because the Renegades have some prospects that will come next season to take his place.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Honestly, the person I’m going to have the least amount of fun working with, is HO member scudmuffin. He says that he got his swagger back, but frankly I’m not sure I believe it. The guy is a menace, and more often than not is running around, acting like a wild goose, begging for bread. I suppose it’s possible he’s gotten his act together, but I am going to have to file that under believing it when I see it.

Then again, perhaps Dork should not take such an antagonistic approach to his return to the greatest sim hockey league named SHL that he is aware of. Dork has a lot of catching up to do, and while some might say that calling out an HO memeber in perhaps his first every completed point task, I’d say that’s probably just Dork’s style, and you’ll have to get used to it.

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

The one player in the organization that really doesn't particularly care for Graj Virrok is the accuracy coach Matthias Alderman. Alderman has been with the franchise for ages and has never in his life seen a player as inept at shooting as Graj Virrok. Through his two seasons with the franchise thus far, Graj has scored 5 goals on 265 shots on goal. His shooting percentage is a 1.89 across both seasons and was a 1.37 this past season. His shooting is so incredibly bad that when Virrok swapped to forward, Alderman threw a clipboard through the drywall and nearly dented one of the water pipes in the wall. He stormed up to the GM's office and asked in as many words what the hell they were thinking, and while the GMs knew Graj's shooting was bad, they also knew it would get better since he would be getting into better positions as a forward. Suffice it to say that Alderman did not share that sentiment and glowers at Graj every chance he gets. (174)

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 07:03 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

Quote: PLAYER PROMPT - For a more straightforward, strictly-hockey task, tell me about your first goal!

Oles remembers his first goal in the SHL. He had been working hard to prove himself and had been anxiously waiting for his chance to make a difference on the ice. Finally, during the third period of a close game, the coach decided to put him on the ice in the in the few minutes. As Oles skated onto the ice, he felt a wave of nervous energy wash over him. He knew that this was his moment, and he was determined to make it count. The puck was in the other team's zone, and Oles quickly positioned himself in front of the net, ready for the play. Suddenly, the puck came flying towards him, and without hesitation, Oles raised his stick and took a shot. The puck sailed over the goalie's shoulder and into the top corner of the net, causing the crowd to erupt into cheers. Oles had just scored his first goal as a professional hockey player, and he felt an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment. He knew that this was just the beginning and that he had a lot more to prove, but for now, he was content with celebrating this milestone in his career.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Player prompt - Written task

My first SHL goal came in my rookie season (my fourth as a player since I was called up a year early) back when I was still playing for the Seatle Argonaults 2 seasons ago. For most of my rookie season, I was goaless even tought I played for what was, at the time, the best team in the league without question (we went on to win the Challenge Cup that year). 

So, as I was saying, I didn't touch the net a single time in the season as we were approching the 40th game even tought I had like 20 apples at that point of the season (I guess it doesn't hurt your stats to be the worst player in the best team). Wanting to focus on upgrading my defensive stats as I was entering the league, this was to be expected, but I was still a bit sad about it. 

But one day, it finally happened! Even tought we were already past the halfway point of the season, I had finally done it! I shot the puck toward the net expecting a rebound that one of my teamates could jump on to score a goal, but it bumped off an opposing team player into their own net! I was overthe moon and it still is a highlight of my career, for me, thus far.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

As a defender, lighting the lamp so to speak isn't usually my top priority but doing so feels pretty great none the less. My first ever SHL goal was all the way back in season 65 against Edmonton, I remember it fondly because I don't have that many career goals (and only two that season). The story goes, it was 5 on 5 and we were transitioning into the offensive zone, me and my D pair at the time Jaegar Jones were passing it back and forth then he passed up Alexander Watcher for the one timer which went way wide but made a perfect bounce strait to my stick. So I figured, why not take this opportunity to actually score? What other chances am I gonna get to score my first every goal? So I rush the net and let one rip from the dot and let me tell you it was a terrible shot, I was a few feet away from the goal and the shot was a mile off but miraculously it bounced off the defenders skate and straight into the back of the net. It still counts what can I say, we still chelly'd our hearts out after that one.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 11:08 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Task: Tell me about your player's first goal! What's the story you'll tell at bars for decades about the first time you lit the lamp? If you're a goalie or otherwise haven't scored one yet, tell me how you picture it when it finally happens! (150+ words)

In her first game, in an uncharacteristic move for a junior with a good shooting accuracy score, Valieva decided to shoot. (Unusually, according to the streams, Valieva LOVES to get the puck, in front of the net, alone, no defence in front of her, and LOVES to pass to her defence. She gets a lot of assists, no problem with that, but hey, she scored once).

Again, according to the stream on YouTube, she shot, picked up her own rebound, froze, teleported back in time, shot again, froze again, picked up her own rebound, skated back to her blue line, froze again, skated slowly, passed, got it back and in what seemed like a one-timer, she scored. Little song. And then she went back in time again and scored again. Must be exhausting being a time traveller and playing hockey. We lost. She could have gone back in time and given the other goalie a solid virus. Or go back in time and kill the goalie's family. And Hitler, because, why not.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Creative Prompt:

In Ryosuke's Sato's career, there has been so many people supporting him throughout, but definitely way back in his draft year there were many doubters for him. The scouts were saying things such as "he won't last long in the league" and "he's a great player and all, but his small size and inability to hit will be a big hole in his career". Over 15 seasons later, the scouts have somewhat been correct as Sato has not taken home much hardware and his play has not been amazing, but the longevity of his career is one to look towards despite all the negative comments regarding his size and how long he will stick around for in the league. Talking to the same scouts now, they definitely do not have as many doubts about Ryosuke Sato's play as he is still a serviceable defenseman at this point of his career. Sato has changed their perspectives through his career.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!