Create Account

BAP Recap: S70 Preseason part 2

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with BAP Recap S70 Preseason part 2! Part 1 server as both an introduction to the series as well as going over some games in the preseason. I was going to cover every game in that preseason, but it turned out to be a bit too many games for just one article. So this will be recapping the rest of the S70 Preseason and then the next article will be the start of the S70 regular season. So without any further ado, let's begin!

The next game for the Platoon would be an unfortunate 3-4 loss to the Seattle Argonauts at home. The Platoon would score a goal in every period, but Seattle would score 4 in the 2nd to take the win. The goalie would be my player Sir Devoir, who honestly didn't do terrible outside of that one period. Stephan Gill would start the scoring for the Platoon in the first period and Adam Liebold would score another in the second, but Max Manning would get two for the Argonauts and his teammates Kermit Murphy and Anton Mihailov would also score in that period. Gravy Train would score the only goal in the third, but unfortunately they were not able to get the tieing score as the Argonauts would take the win.

Devoir would save 27 shots while allowing in 31, for a save percentage of 0.870 and a game rating of 62. It was just an unfortunate game for him all around it seems. Seattle would get 11 shots on goal to the Platoons 8 in the first period, 13 shots to Baltimore's 12 in the second, and 7 shots to Baltimore's 9 in the third. Willie Miller was the goalie for Seattle, saving 26 shots while letting in 3, for a save percentage of 0.900 and a game rating of 70. Max Manning and Landon Fischermann would get the stars for Seattle, while Bob Duncan would get the only star for Baltimore.

The next game would be another unfortunate loss for the Platoon, as they would lose 3-5 to the Buffalo Stampede in a game where apparently Buffalo had 50 shots on goal. When you consider that Devoir had to guard the goal from 50 shots, it is actually remarkable that only 5 goals would be let in as he saved 45 of them for a save percentage of 0.900 and a game rating of 85. Isaac Forty-One would score the first goal in the game for the Platoon in the first period, while Greyson Cooper and Robert Black and Konstantin Selich would all score goals for Buffalo in the second. Adam Liebold and Scott Thorn would score goals for the Platoon in the third, while Emilia Bergman would score two goals for Buffalo.

Greyson Cooper and Robert Black would get the two stars for Buffalo, while Isaac Forty-One would get the only star for the Platoon. The Platoon would get 7 shots on goal to Buffalo's 7 in the first, 8 shots on goal to Buffalo's 14 in the second, and 10 shots to Buffalo's 24 in the third. If you making your goalie have to guard against 50 shots in a game, you are probably not winning that game. Goalie life is rough, I'll tell you.

And it would not get any easier for ether of the Platoon goalies in the next game, as Seattle would beat the Platoon 8-0. I'm not sure if I even want to talk about this game, as this was just a total goalie collapse in my opinion. Doesn't help that Baltimore would only get 10 shots on goal ether. Honestly it might not even be worth going over who got the goals, as it was all Seattle in this one. To get an idea of how bad this was for Baltimore, they would only get 3 shots on goal to Seattle's 14 in the first, a whopping 2 shots to Seattle's 12 in the second, and nether team has much offense in the third as Baltimore had 5 shots on goal while Seattle had 3. Jonny Tsunami and Landon Fischermann and Ty Murphy would all get the stars for Seattle.

Overall this was just a really rough preseason for Baltimore. Outside of that one win, a lot of things went wrong for the Platoon. However the regular season would start to get better for the Platoon, so I'll see you there for the next episode! Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

BAP!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!