Create Account

A look into the future (S71 Prospects)

I have exhausted myself in following the Season 71 draft class through juniors last season, and I feel like talking about the same thing again will be redundant, I am pretty sure we all know who is sitting where with TPE and progress. Obviously a draft board can change depending on teams need and how well they connect with a prospect, as teams have gone off the board to select a player they really like.

Instead let’s dust off the old crystal ball and look into the future, what will potentially the top 10 players be doing 5, 10, 15 seasons from now. How will their careers unfold. Where will they find success, failures. Let’s see what happens to the best the season 71 draft class has to offer.

Furious Chicken has quietly been working his way through the SMJHL and while doing this has truly earned an impressive amount of TPE for a relatively new user. The left defender has the makings of a great shutdown defender and could build towards that in the future. Oh, magic crystal ball of all seeing what do you see for this wonderful defender…

Furious Chicken will be a first round pick at this draft, looking like he will go in the top 5? He will continue to develop in juniors, for one more year. But on year 3 his SHL team is going to be knocking on the door for help and rush him to the big league. He will be seen as a key cog for a run at the Challenge Cup right from the get-go, but during the finals he will suffer a broken leg in three places! OH NO! Without Chicken on the backend his team will faulter and loose in 6 games. The fans will blame Chicken and he will be an outcast. Forced to trade him away for a bag of frozen hockey pucks Chicken will forever be stunted in his growth as a hockey player. He will never reach his potential and never fully heal from the broken leg. From that point on he will be sent down to juniors and retire on his 4th year never to recover.

Damn magic crystal ball is seeming a little grim. Maybe it will have better luck with Logan Webb…

Logan Webb will have a terrible car crash in the offseason on the way to the draft and die.

…SERIOUSLY, I am walking to the draft. Moving on. OH, MAGIC CRYSTAL BALL what do you see for Bellamy Blake…

Bellamy will be drafted early; he will be in the top 5. He has the makings of a franchise two way defender we all know this. He will finally be called up in his 5th season after spending time in juniors, where he will take over in the top pairing on defense and make another run at rookie honors just like juniors. He will have a long SHL career, with many trophies and awards. He will be seen as a hero and pivotal franchise piece that many new players try and emulate. Before retiring after 13 seasons played.

WOW, are you sure that is not Webb?

No, he dies, Blake is a hero, plan accordingly.

Son of a b*tch…. Ummm, Dominic Winters looks good, what do you see he will do.

Dominic Winters will become one of the greatest players alive. He will be known through out the world as the best the league has ever seen. He will have a long 25 year career and take many championships. Yes the world will always remember the tennis player Dominic Winters.

…Umm, he is a hockey player.

HEY, he can be good at two sports, seriously hockey players are seriously underpaid. And would you want to be good at a sport you get beaten up in every day, or a relaxing tennis match…

Fair point. Mercedes Baylé where will she go?

Mercedes Bayle will have a good career as a player, she will be a top 6 player at every stop in her career. But she will go from team to team as the wind blows. Once her career is complete, Bayle and her aspirations will not stop there. The goal setting forward will continue her journey well beyond the rink and become the first hockey player into space. Where she will be part of the Mars colony planning in the year 2036 and become the first person to score a goal on another planet while playing hockey. She will be an inspiration for Generations to come for both girls and boys who love hockey.

REALLY THAT IS AMAZING!

Yes it is, beyond that she will discover a cure for cancer, setup world peace, and create a utopia of equal living across the world, ooh and she will find a way to replicate food solving world hunger.

…you almost had me until the last one.

Damn! But for real Mars thing going to happen!

Cool! How about Shootin Blanks?

His junior GM will be found out for cheating in the next 2 seasons, working his way around the league to get the best prospects and undrafted free agents, he will….

I said Blanks, not Maine’s General Manager, we are focusing on prospects Magic Crystal Ball, we all know the GM's time is coming.

Oh, my bad, Blanks will be a junior star! He will help his team win a Four Star Cup, he will drink in the success and all the attention he is getting. On his fourth season he will start with a bad game, then another, and another after that. Soon he will find himself in a downwards spiral unable to find a way to recover. No goals, no assists, no points, until the midpoint of the season. Then one day he will not show up to practice. When they go to check on him they will find him in the corner of his living room just rocking himself back and forth in the fetal position mumbling about unable to do anything. He will never recover.

…I regret asking that one. Can you tell me a good future again? How about Levin Schattenaxt

I suggest you pick someone else…

…That bad huh.

Yep…

Ok moving on, how about Inactive Forever, he’s had an amazing career so far.

Yes he has, and he will continue to have an amazing run. He will develop into one of the true stars in this league. Scoring at will, he will earn the nick name scourge of goaltenders. He will continue to work his way up the league standings he wins every major award a forward can win. He will retire with his beautiful family and live a long happy life.

That’s nice! OOOh tell me about Theodore Svatos! I know he will have a long happy career.

THE DEVIL WILL HAVE HIS DUE THEODORE, YOU OWE HIM WITH THE PACT YOU MADE AND HE WILL BE THERE TO COLLECT SOON ENOUGH, you have been warned…

Uuuugh…I feel like I shouldn’t have asked that one. Alexej Kastrba will he be ok?

Alexej will live a long life, but his hockey career will be over soon. He will take an errant puck to the face during the preseason practice with his junior team and be knocked into a comma. He will never recover. But he will have a long life.

…I think that is enough looking into the future for now. Well, there you have it SHL, the true predictions of what is to come with your Season 71 SHL class. Good luck to all the General Managers at the draft on Saturday! And good luck to all the prospects, I hope you have a long career.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

I look forward to challenging any and all tennis records

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I look forward to getting called up early, breaking my leg, and never recovering. At least I will have a finals during my SHL career

The due comes after the Challenge Cup, the devil knows this.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

05-11-2023, 05:30 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: The due comes after the Challenge Cup, the devil knows this.
Laughing

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2023, 01:29 AM by hewasajazzman.)

doomed to live out my days in a ,

"Yes it is, beyond that she will discover a cure for cancer, setup world peace, and create a utopia of equal living across the world, ooh and she will find a way to replicate food solving world hunger."

Yes, yes, and yes

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3