Create Account

The Vyacheslav Onoprienko Trophy

05-17-2023, 12:09 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: What if GMs could opt in or out of their nominee being shown publicly? Maybe some people who don't want to/aren't able to put as much effort into it could opt out, and people who spent an hour writing something nice that just gets chucked into the void could opt in and somebody could feel nice about themselves even if they didn't win.

I'm a big fan of people hearing nice things about themselves. I have been caught up in a lot of nonsense lately where I found out that somebody said something mean about me behind my back, and it's a bummer, but I have to say, finding out that somebody said something nice about you that you weren't expecting is for me personally about ten times as much of a positive impact than the "oof" of any amount of negative behind-the-back trash talk.

Yeah that’s a tough balance to strike though because I feel like there’s a negative connotation likely associated with someone’s GM not agreeing to make their nom public, while a bunch of others do. I feel like there should be uniformity - so I’d lean more towards all the noms without write ups (or with, but I understand spidey’s points).

I know you said it’s weird to message the person their write up yourself, but given your second paragraph here I feel like as GMs, if we have something nice to say about our players, why aren’t we saying it to them? Like I 100% agree that it feels great to receive your flowers, obviously it doesn’t have to be phrased the same way as an Ono nom but I feel like the substance of the nom could be conveyed easily through an encouraging DM.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I think GMs should only be able to nominate someone from other teams than their own.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

05-17-2023, 12:39 PMSDCore Wrote: Casual J off season when this award is hotly argued about... looks like we are here!

I set my calendar by it

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-17-2023, 12:40 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: sorry i was gonna talk about it a couple weeks ago but i was busy lmk next time when a good time is for you

Do you even have your luggage yet?! Scarjo

[Image: Wally.png]

05-17-2023, 01:05 PMsve7en Wrote: I set my calendar by it

When in the hell is there another podcast sir...

...and an invite to be on it.

[Image: Wally.png]

first the woke mind virus came for Onoprienko and i said nothing

etc etc you get it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-17-2023, 01:37 PMWally Wrote: Do you even have your luggage yet?!  Scarjo

NO it's supposed to get here by 4pm :(

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

[Image: MV5BZDM5NzgxNGQtZTU1ZS00MjEwLWIwYWUtNTQy...X1000_.jpg]

Al Bundy is a family man who has no right to be slandered like this

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

05-17-2023, 01:50 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: [Image: MV5BZDM5NzgxNGQtZTU1ZS00MjEwLWIwYWUtNTQy...X1000_.jpg]

Al Bundy is a family man who has no right to be slandered like this

according to the Married...With Children (a show I have never seen) wikipedia page, Al Bundy's full name is Alfred, not Albert, so he's in the clear.

however, according to that same wikipedia, Alfred Bundy is also a fairly horrible human being, so I don't think he should have a trophy either.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Rename it to JackCross. Honor the user behind the player name then.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

All I see is a lot of conversation, completely ignoring my wonderful idea. pfft, guess ill go post a dinner pic and snuggle EmmyLou

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

If we are going to rename, I have a suggestion from my awards head days.

Make it the Nicolaj Muller award--@esilverm deserves the shine for all he does (AND to recognize the bonkers J career Muller had)

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Sorry for answering only now.

So for the points:

First: Like spidey said, that was a conversation we had earlier this season and we will change a lot of names in our off-season (during the S71 season lol). Liek some of you said, there is some awards named after some users that are not active anymore or after some players that are from season 5 or 6, so a looooong time ago. And the Ono for the reason stated in the OP that we can't argue with. 
So, we will be looking to rename the :
Vyacheslav Onoprienko (most underrated)
- Brandon Holmes (defensive forward)
- Quilha Agante (top defender)
- Ideen Fallah (MVP from Committee)
- Brodie Witzel (Playoffs MVP)
- Elias Armia (Comish MVP)

So we are open to suggestion for each, and we'll be looking at it in the upcoming weeks. Will need to be approved by J HO, but we would give some options for each so everyone is welcome to send me suggestions and why it's a good candidate. I will present them to the committee and look at it before presenting something official to HO.

Second : As for the definition of the Ono, a couple of seasons ago we stated that the Zach Miller was an user award only, and the Ono would be both the user AND the player. That's why I put the stats of each nominee in the presentation. If we want to change it, I got no problem with it. It can only be a player award, since we put only active users for the awards.

Third: From all the solutions, I would lean toward presenting the names of all the nominees and put public the justification for the top 3. Anyway, the top 3 are already read by the host, it's not me who wrote them (I hope you knew that lol). I can even put all of them right now, I got 13 teams, so only one who didn't do it (sometime GMs told me they don't have a legitimate candidate to win it so they don't do it, but I strongly encourage them anyway so with the new "method" every team will have someone). It's not a big change for me, and I agree that it would be nice to know if your GM value you (and\or what you're doing in the LR) enough to nominate you.

So in conclusion @sköldpaddor:
- Yes definitively a name change for next season for the Onoprienko, along with some other name changes
- For now, BOTH user and player, but can be change for player only
- All the names public and only the justification for the top 3.

Don't know if I forget something, let me know if it's not clear or anything.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]