Create Account

How much do you enjoy the SHL right now?

05-19-2023, 11:35 AMenigmatic Wrote: It wasn't a dig at the graphics tournament or the events we currently have going on. The IIHF and draft bonuses actually encourage me to get off my ass and do something. I'm just saying the league feels less engaging now than when I joined.

As I said, I'm sure everyone has ideas of events they'd like to see happen but when you're actually behind the scenes and have to make it work, it's a different story.

Yea definitely did not take it that way, just wanted to add some more info there for the part of it I've seen myself

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

05-19-2023, 12:12 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I miss those days. But ultimately that’s like 100 messages in Discord? Instant chat platforms changed the game.

Yeah its definitely changed. Still miss it, felt like the league was more connected then. The change to discord was needed, just changes the focus as there is not much reason to come to the site other then update. That being said, a lot of the core has aged with the site, and just naturally have less time to spend on SHL then we did say 3-5 years ago.

Still miss our gomhl days lol.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 04:31 PM by spooked. Edited 7 times in total.)

Reality is, for a lot of people, the formula is stale and the sim is still in a terrible state for a majority of site users just by how the engine seems to play out our current usage of it.

No reason to care about a sim league much when you are expected to have fun losing by 5-10 goals a game most of the time if you are in the bottom half of the league, or when you are a goalie with no real impact, or a defenseman trying to do anything specific really. There are so many options to try things to revamp things, but currently, parity is viewed as the opportunity to become the juggernaut, when imo it should be about making sure more teams are more involved and having more fun. This is a community site, and a casual hobby for most people, expecting someone who gets drafted to a rebuild as a new user to keep updating without fail for over a year before they have any results at all to enjoy is unreasonable. And not only that but you also force them to sit on the TPE they earn for months as well!

Realistically, if you just give every new create 500 TPE instead of 155, remove the TPE cap, and push regression up some more, is the league immediately in a better state? And there are like 1000 other things we could do to the update scale, regression, TPE growth, PTs and other money/tpe sources, archtypes, contract tiers and cap, etc. etc. But no one wants to change the way the site works on the sim side, and the media side is about the same really.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 04:50 PM by JURT.)

05-19-2023, 03:16 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: My suggestion is take inventory of our intentions and priorities.

You mean like a survey asking people for their opinion on the state of the league? Darn, why did we never think of that before? Maybe it could happen once every few off-season?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

05-19-2023, 04:25 PMspooked Wrote: Reality is, for a lot of people, the formula is stale and the sim is still in a terrible state for a majority of site users just by how the engine seems to play out our current usage of it.

No reason to care about a sim league much when you are expected to have fun losing by 5-10 goals a game most of the time if you are in the bottom half of the league, or when you are a goalie with no real impact, or a defenseman trying to do anything specific really. There are so many options to try things to revamp things, but currently, parity is viewed as the opportunity to become the juggernaut, when imo it should be about making sure more teams are more involved and having more fun. This is a community site, and a casual hobby for most people, expecting someone who gets drafted to a rebuild as a new user to keep updating without fail for over a year before they have any results at all to enjoy is unreasonable. And not only that but you also force them to sit on the TPE they earn for months as well!

Realistically, if you just give every new create 500 TPE instead of 155, remove the TPE cap, and push regression up some more, is the league immediately in a better state? And there are like 1000 other things we could do to the update scale, regression, TPE growth, PTs and other money/tpe sources, archtypes, contract tiers and cap, etc. etc. But no one wants to change the way the site works on the sim side, and the media side is about the same really.
I think you missed the mark with this one, honestly. I mean those are some pretty absurd suggestions.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-19-2023, 04:50 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I think you missed the mark with this one, honestly. I mean those are some pretty absurd suggestions.

My favorite part is how most the time you are in the bottom half of the league. That's not how percentages work lol

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2023, 06:03 PM by luke. Edited 1 time in total.)

05-19-2023, 04:52 PMRuggsy Wrote: My favorite part is how most the time you are in the bottom half of the league. That's not how percentages work lol

[Image: image.png]

Point to where it hurts

[Image: image.png] STHS btw

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-19-2023, 05:19 PMluke Wrote: [Image: image.png]

Point to where it hurts

[Image: 984502547337334845.webp?size=96&quality=lossless]

look guys luke's being a nerd again with his numbers

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

05-19-2023, 05:19 PMluke Wrote: [Image: image.png]

Point to where it hurts
hamilton has really gone down hill huh

[Image: izzy.PNG]

05-19-2023, 04:52 PMRuggsy Wrote: My favorite part is how most the time you are in the bottom half of the league. That's not how percentages work lol

Mine was how we should scrap a generally successful J structure because some teams have struggled to keep their players through a rebuild.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-19-2023, 12:51 PMFrenchie Wrote: I don't want a pity party, but I seriously considered taking a break this week because of this, and i'm not even the most stretched out in this league. I can't even begin to think how crazy it gets for some people. I say that with as much compassion and understanding, but although jobs are optional and you shouldn't feel mandated to do them, I feel there's a general sense of complacency in letting a handful of nut jobs like myself hold this whole show together with chewing gum and chicken wire. A lot of departments need help.

Rt. I've cut back massively on the jobs I hold and while it's done wonders for my mental health, at times I still wish I did more because there's always a need

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

05-19-2023, 04:49 PMJURT Wrote: You mean like a survey asking people for their opinion on the state of the league? Darn, why did we never think of that before? Maybe it could happen once every few off-season?

I thought we didn't care what the common folks wanted

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-19-2023, 04:05 PMhhh81 Wrote: Maybe if we all go outside, then start some farm just to post about it on the internet hoping for Chad points, we'd all feel better

City slicker detected

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-19-2023, 04:50 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I think you missed the mark with this one, honestly. I mean those are some pretty absurd suggestions.
It's pretty well established we have completely different ideas on things, so I mean most of our ideas aren't going to align much at all tbf

Not sure which part you are talking about tbh, but my thinking was that most of the time you are not in the top 4-6 teams in the league, which is the majority, at the very worst it's probably more than 51% don't you think?