Create Account

Shuttering the Thunderdome

06-12-2023, 11:28 AMLeoben Wrote: First Reddit and now the Thunderdome? Where are people supposed to go? Outside?

Twitter

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

06-12-2023, 11:46 AMWearingabear Wrote: Twitter

I got some bad news for you....

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

06-12-2023, 10:58 AMKeygan Wrote: You were half the threads in there the last year, what?

[Image: 641b8956a8181fc3d2930902_nft-mint-nft-mi...d-mint.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

06-11-2023, 11:57 PMJustice Wrote: now that we have one less reason to visit the actual website can we have the arcade and army game from jcink back i was number 1 high score for asteroids and im kind of hurt that it was taken away from me
bump

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

06-12-2023, 11:55 AMJustice Wrote: bump

Welcome to rocks paper scissors. 

Please reply to this with only one word from the following list. Rock. Paper. Scissor.

We will reply afterwards with our choice and post the result accordingly. 

Enjoy!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023, 12:02 PM by Aephino.)

06-12-2023, 10:58 AMKeygan Wrote: You were half the threads in there the last year, what?

bad take... most of boom's TDs were about identity, culture, and trying to spread positive ideas. posting in the TD probably just gave it more traction.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

06-12-2023, 12:02 PMAephino Wrote: bad take... most of boom's TDs were about identity, culture, and trying to spread positive ideas. posting in the TD probably just gave it more traction.
the thunderdome is only good when i use it

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

06-12-2023, 12:02 PMAephino Wrote: bad take... most of boom's TDs were about identity, culture, and trying to spread positive ideas. posting in the TD probably just gave it more traction.

Those threads had like 2 comments... I wouldn't call that traction

06-12-2023, 12:38 AMCptSquall Wrote: When I joined this site over 5 years ago, I was warned by Mufasa @nour NEVER to go into or post in the Thunderdome.

While it once seemed to be THE place for INTENSE discussion, it has steadily become an archaic relic that served no useful function. Closing it to clean up clutter is essentially administrative and a net positive.

Perhaps in the future we will have civil, if passionate discussions about topics under the General Discussion heading.
nour sounds like a loser

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023, 12:41 PM by trella. Edited 1 time in total.)

while i will agree that the message of boom’s tds were good they also really had nothing to do w the shl

they belong in general discussion imo

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

ive had some time to think and i'd like to articulate that you need to re-instate PBP threads.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Im gonna win the cup

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

[Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

06-12-2023, 12:40 PMtrella Wrote: while i will agree that the message of boom’s tds were good they also really had nothing to do w the shl

that’s probably fair. hence why I agree with this decision Smile

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

06-12-2023, 12:40 PMtrella Wrote: while i will agree that the message of boom’s tds were good they also really had nothing to do w the shl

This was actually a significant factor in some of the discussions we had about this. Things would get posted in the TD, often by someone who actually was raising something important or at the very least worth discussing, only for those things to get mired down because half the people in the thread were trying to have a discussion in good faith and half the people seemed to think "oh look TD thread time for me to go shitpost and make inflammatory comments because that's what we do in the TD."

That's not to say the onus was never on the user themselves to put things in the correct place, but what would start out as a "I'm angry and sad about this real life thing" would turn into people belittling others or memeing in a way that would diminish actual productive dialogue because "it's in the TD" was a go-to excuse to shitpost or just laugh at other people's unhappiness instead of taking the conversation seriously.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .