Create Account

S71 Championship Week!
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 01:26 PM by Fluw.)

gm/ho/simmer cw pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

HO CW Pass

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 01:32 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

gm cw pass + simmer pt pass, I'll take double.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

CW pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

GM CW Pass

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

CW Pass

[Image: hallsy.png]

Any CW passers?

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Jammin

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Winnipeg has put together an impressive streak of Challenge Cup Finals appearances, but has no hardware to show for their dominance in the west so far. What do the Aurora have to do differently to get over the hump this year?
b. Buffalo, fresh off a rebuild, crushed their way through the first two rounds of these playoffs after coming in as a wildcard, scoring two consecutive sweeps against two of the best teams in the East. Have the Stampede convinced you? If so, what sold you?
c. Two very different teams took two very different routes to the Cup Final: which of them impressed you more? Why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

a. It has been a tough few seasons for the Winnipeg Aurora having been such a dominant team in the regular season and many have chosen them as the perennial cup favourites. I am not quite sure what WPG can do differently, in the playoffs to finally get over the hump. Sometimes you just run into a hot goalie and there can be nothing done as FHM can be very cruel. Winnipeg's time is surely due this season as I did not pick them to win the cup in my playoff bracket so maybe that was the reason why they have not been able to hoist the cup yet? 

(108 words)

b. Buffalo has definitely surprised people this season with how impressive they were and ruined my playoff bracket when they defeated the New England Wolfpack as I picked NEW to repeat as cup champs again (the James curse strikes again). Buffalo has always been a great team but are in a tough division with MTL and NEW being there with them. Their offense has been great with star players Selich, Ty Murphy, Chimkin Wing and KEKW Kekkonen leading the way, but their MVP has to be their goalie of Casey Fantobens who has been able to shut the door against the powerhouses of MTL, BUF and PHI. I can see BUF pulling the upset and beating WPG in the finals with how hot Fantobens has been. 

(125 words)

c. The team that impressed me more has to be the Buffalo Stampede because I don't think many had them beating MTL in the first round (let alone sweep them), I had that series going 6/7 games so to see them sweep MTL was pretty impressive. Next round they also swept the defending cup champs in the New England Wolfpack. The conference finals they went 7 games and defeated the Philadelphia Forge as well. Winnipeg's only real struggle during their run was when they had to go 7 games with Chicago. 

(91 words)

d. For the past few CW's I have chosen WPG to win the cup but they haven't done so. For this rendition of the cup winner I will choose the Buffalo Stampede, they have had the much tougher path and have shown how good of a team they are. Total TPE wise WPG has the obvious advantage, but BUF was able to defeat the #2, 3 and 4 teams in total TPE rankings. Their last step is to defeat the #1 team TPE wise and they will look to do so in the finals. 

(93 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, A Challenger Appears (150 words min.)
Buffalo hasn't put up the same offensive numbers as the Aurora, but they haven't needed to. Their points leader in Konstantin Selich has 19 points in 16 playoff games, an impressive number in its own right, but the Stampede's hero has been Casey Fantobens, their brick wall with a casual *0.929* save percentage over the playoffs so far. In a battle of unbelievable offense vs the stoutest playoff defense this league has seen in a while, does Buffalo have what it takes to bring home the trophy and send the Aurora back to Winnipeg yet again?

I can see Buffalo pulling off the upset and ruining a lot of season predictions and playoff brackets (as they already have done thus far in the playoffs, including my own). FHM and hot goalies in the playoffs is a common reoccurrence my team has gone through as well when we had to face the unbeatable object that was Willie Miller on the Seattle Argonauts. I believe the Winnipeg Aurora faced something similar when they faced the PHI forge BASE PACK and he just could not be beaten by the potent offense they sent his way, now they will be facing Casey Fantobens who has been on fire these playoffs. 

I have generally picked WPG to win the cup when they have made the finals, but I will be choosing the BUF Stampede to hoist the cup. So if WPG does win, it could have been because of me picking them to win the cup in my playoff bracket, that has to be the reason as to why Winnipeg has not been able to win a cup yet during their competitive window.

(182 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

SHL GM CW Pass

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

HO CW pass

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

J HO Pass

[Image: lespoils.gif]