Create Account

Rediscovering the Bap (Part 3)
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2023, 01:26 AM by diacope. Edited 5 times in total.)

-> Rediscovering the Bap (Part 3) - The Talons

Again welcome back to another part of Rediscovering the Bap where I narrow in on what makes our team soar. This time we didn't want to wait long so here are more bird nests of explanations about the Baltimore Platoon for you to chomp on.. After you read about the beaks of course. Alright time to grab the paint brush because I'm about to finally paint a bird on a blue line.

Staying on trend now with all the other parts we see plenty of young talent and new players joining our flock. They dip up and down, spin all around and grab trout from the ground.. The Talons! Like the centers these birds cannot be slowing down or we'll lose too much ground trying to make it through the whole season being just as important to keep consistency throughout. For some reason they may not get many highlights until the end of their careers but they do get tons of props in the locker room to there's that.

(Beginning with the most productive members of our team whose been retrieving tons of food and keeping the crew out of falling trees when games were getting bad..)

-> DEFENDERS AKA THINKERS

..Billy Brooks
What can I say about Billy? Well for starters he seems well suited for his position being a bigger, smarter veteran than majority of the league so he gets a point there, could also get another one for sacrificing offense and being our point man too. With us last season he was able to achieve the most points in a season and couldn't have done it at a better time we everything for our franchise is getting higher in the air, I mean our expectations of course. Looking at his numbers this season it seems like Brooks hasn't hit any major winds or flew into any clouds yet being older so make sure to take some tips if your an early bird before it's too late. Thanks to the ASG I do recall Brooks' name so I technically knew him last season when he first joined.

..Philip Fry
For starters the name is awesome and it's nice to know a fellow space enthusiast like myself is part of the team. Whenever opening up the profile I expected to see a smaller bird but nope Fry is just like the rest of the club, big, nasty and is following the path as like his veteran counterpart Brooks so that's a huge storyline for us recently. The only thing I do see different is a harder shot more than a passer but that's no problem because we need a few of them just in case the opposition gets caught in neck of the woods trying to score an easy egg or deep in their own zone defending and leaving the point clear like a sky in July.

..Kermit Murphy
The first thing I thought of when looking at this name for the first time of course I imagine the frog but that has nothing to do with this name and I actually like the usage of it keeping it believable with Murphy. Now I'm starting to feel tiny.. Kermit is yet another above average big player ready to dive through a few bulletproof windows. Again mentioning Brooks this player is another veteran that's just joined our migration and seems to be another player younger talent can learn from. When you look closer at the bottom of the talons though his players talents are yet again totally different like the two above, instead of focusing mostly on defense with an offensive side we see him go fit more into a two way build like any of our forwards so again we see another sharp point and have another tool in our belt with this player other teams need to react to before getting pooped on, metaphorically of course.

..Nikolaj Boyle
I know him! This is one of the rare names I actually know from being part of the team and it elevated to new heights this offseason when he was selected to play in the all star game. Although he's had a rough go after a few cold flies near mountain tops so far that upside is exactly what we need moving forward and after looking Nikolaj's previous work being able to shock the league it's a perfect time for another attempt to outfly a lightning bolt, however he gets past it. Boyle is the same mold as everybody else, shocker! Every more electrifying.. He's a veteran who changed forests with another interesting skillset.

..Jamal Nightingale
Ah dang a name that's been on the team and I don't really recall any chirps of knowledge about him. Oh wait we are about to find out. Beneath the pretty colors and meal diets this tweeter has been able to do a few things with our team and seems to have cemented himself in the main structure of our pack, not the best winged fellow no but has enough blocks, hits and offensive production to remember him flying over cities for years to come. Anyway Jamal's name is perfect for the theme and his longevity with one team earns him extra worms from my player that's for sure. Nightingale is big too but his biggest plus is being a younger player ready and willing to learn more from the experienced blueliners before him who may have not been around before.

..D Joblin
Sorry Joblin but I'm not a fan of unfinished names but no hate from me because all names have a spot regardless.. I'll just have to make it up every time I see your tailfeathers. Good thing about the name is this is our youngest defender on the list so it doesn't even matter if's Dana, Dwight or Doolittle because the future is looking bright for this talon expert, Starting off hot as a rookie with Hamilton Joblin quickly established there self as a reliable deep depth defender and kept up with the old heads right away but never really learned any major tricks in the air while the game was live to call them any kind of defender yet. Moving forward with a fine set of talons not having a major skill shouldn't be a problem though if they makes sure to keep up with training, they has the biggest wingspan hovering around at 6 foot 6 and is yet another weapon we can utilize having a player picking berries around their own net.

BOOM that's it yet again my player has finally caught up and passed a few, thanks for tuning into another letter delivered from the Rabinov branch, one thing I know I learned from these segments is that I need to work on my defense more.. Hope you enjoyed because I've tried to makes them all a breath of fresh air. Keep up the feedings because the branches have been quiet lately.. Next time we finish this off and look at the most important part of our DNA.

-> LAST PART

..https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=132438&pid=3399318#pid3399318

-> RAIYA'S BIRD ON A BLUE LINE PAINTING

.png   woohoo.png (Size: 35.11 KB / Downloads: 71)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

08-04-2023, 01:15 AMdiacope Wrote: ..Kermit Murphy
The first thing I thought of when looking at this name for the first time of course I imagine the frog but that has nothing to do with this name

Au contraire

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2023, 05:30 PM by diacope. Edited 1 time in total.)

08-10-2023, 03:05 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Au contraire

Google search didn't give me anything for Murphy, so it's a little of both.. Interesting! Thanks for the comment

..Part 3 incoming and since we only have a few goaltenders I'm adding some history

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

08-13-2023, 05:27 PMdiacope Wrote: Google search didn't give me anything for Murphy, so it's a little of both.. Interesting! Thanks for the comment

..Part 3 incoming and since we only have a few goaltenders I'm adding some history

Murphy was just my first player's last name, the Kermit thing is a longstanding bit that I leaned into. Put em together and we get a perfectly mediocre defenseman

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]