Create Account

S72 All Star Week

SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE

2a. Well it's not all about the offensive firepower. A lot will depend on defense, goalkeeping, and who can break through. That said, four top goal scorers are better than two, and the West will be able to have more top offensive firepower on the ice at a time and perhaps look to take advantage of any defensive line changes.
Code:
59 Words

2b. In addition to the four offensive studs, the West also boasts top offensive D-Men. While the East may be better defensively, O'Neil and Kinsinger are capable defenders themselves and just add to the juggernaut that the West has. I'm definitely taking the West's blue line to pair with any offensive lines the coach decides to throw out.
Code:
57 Words

2c. I've favored the West so far, but I'd have more confidence as a player in Wall and Karsikko. And that comes down to how dominant Brick Wall was this season. Wall had an impressive 29.01 GSAA, which is roughly 14 more than the next All-Star goalie, in Time. And, Karsikko just knows how to win. If there was anyone else other than Wall I'd look to the West just with respect to the other players, but I'm taking Wall and the East on this one.
Code:
85 Words

2d. I'm not eligible for the all star game, so I'm making a case for my teammate, Red Kirkby. There are so many deserving players for the last player in, but Kirkby was only a few points shy of cracking the top 10. He is a clear offensive threat with 35 goals, 62 assists, and made the most of his face off opportunities with an impressive 62.8% win rate. He's disruptive to opponents as well with 172 hits, 52 TAs, and 36 blocks. He is so deserving of being an all-star.
Code:
90 Words

+4 TPE

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

GM Pass

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

1. +2 TPE - S72 Milestones

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

claim 3

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S72 MILESTONES
+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?
b. In terms of defensive points, the East may look like the team to beat, but Jay O'Neil and Christian Kinsinger were the top two goal scorers out of all defensemen and both will rep the West. Which team's blue line would you take?
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a.
c.
+2 TPE

PBE AFFILIATE PT

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

AS Week GM Pass

Code:

+2 Milestones

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2023, 05:11 AM by st4rface. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones (2 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3417385

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. It's not like always the best scorers win. It's all based on defense as well. I think that there's a great potential for a very good game. Plenty of beautiful goals and very entertaining match for viewers. Both teams might score over 20 goals and I wouldn't be surprised. Top scorers will have a chip on their shoulders, so they have to prove that they are worth of a word ''leader''. (71 words)
b. I would put my money on the West. Best defense is offense. They have a great defensive line, plus we can't deny that they have a good offensive line as well. I think that the chemistry will play the most important role and it will decide which team wins. I'm putting my money on the West team though. (58 words)
d. My player is till competing in SMJHL, but it would've been cool if he somehow made history and became the first SMJHL player who made SHL All-Star game. I have a couple of reasons why it could've happened. For example, he had his best season of his career yet. Averaging more than one point per each game. 70 points in a regular season, one of his teams leaders. Plus, it would've been historic and legendary if that happened. (78 words)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)

I'm still playing in SMJHL, but my SHL team Toronto ''North Stars'' had been struggling couple of last seasons. But there is one guy who deserved to be in All-Star game. Jimmy Larkin-Conway started his carrer in S63 when he played for Winnipeg ''Aurora''. This season was already his 9th season in a row playing for Toronto. He had 69 points and was a leader of our squad. Jimmy was very close to 100 point season twice in his career. He probably won't be able to get back to that prime, but he was very dangerous player. More than 1 point per game (average). He is a special player and he definitely deserverd a wildcard for this All-Star game. It would be very special for the league and for himself. Hopefully, SHL will give him a chance in All-Star game in his last season of his career. He can still be a leader of our team for some time, but it would be very awesome if they pay respect before he ends his career.

174 words

8 TPE IN TOTAL

Stars Stars Stars

+3 TPE - S72 SMJHL Milestones

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Pumping Tires (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Let me tell you about shnopple lopple. He's got a hard name to spell but he's as easy as they come in the locker room and on the ice. One of the most underrated players in SMJHL history, Lopple will certainly break the majority of defenseman records for Nevada and deserves this nod as an All-Star and even top defenseman of the season. He's not only on top for best offensive defenseman, his defensive game is quite good. A true two-way defenseman who can skate circles around you. He might not be the biggest player, but he plays a big game. He has one more season to dominate on the Battleborn blueline before moving to the SHL, but this All-Star game you will see him make the impact of a fourth year player. Unless he doesn't make it, which would be awkward. Anyways, true stud, shnopple lopple doesn't need capital letters.

Code:
a. Offensive firepower is a close race this year, with the top two goal scorers in the league - Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus - both representing the East, while the next four in line - MST, Evan Winter, LEG, and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev - will all be repping Westside. Which team scores more goals this all star game and why?

Konstantin Selich and Ivan Lacksamus can not only outscore those four players in the West, but they could probably outscore the whole West team. They make it look easy and they sure made it look easy this season, pushing themselves farther than maybe some people thought. Look for Selich and Lacksamus to put on a show.

Code:
c. Each conference brought back one tendie from last season, but will run a new tandem partner: which pair of Mat Smith and Justin Time or Brick Wall and Olof Karsikko would you rather play in front of and why? (If you are a goalie, explain why you should have gotten the nod!)

Brick Wall has been a favourite goaltender of mine for quite sometime, so it is no surprise that I would love to play on a squad backed by them. Olof Karsikko has a cup under his belt and is a superstar himself, so those two make it a no-brainer for best goaltender duo of the all-star game. Are they the best goalie duo ever?

+8 TPE

Milestones - 1 TPE

Grab Bag:
A:  I think the East will be able to score than the West because of defense moreso than pure firepower.  The East as a whole had much lower scoring games than the west (excluding outliers) and that talent defensively will be seen in the All Star game.  The East also have Brick Wall in net who let the league in GSAA.

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2023, 07:47 PM by Keven. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

+3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3417249

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

c. This one is a no brainer. Mat Smith and Justin time both trained in the world class goalie program in QCC. As a former and current teammate of one and a close friend of the other I'm clearly very biased, but I will always stand behind QCC developed goalies as the best in the league. Luckily, they both play for the western conference so I don't have to think about my opinion.

d. Obviously the all star game is for the star players of the present, but Kevens had an all star worthy season due to his relative performance by age. This was Kev's 14th season in the league and regression has taken its toll, but he was able to put up the second best season of his career points wise while also setting personal records in GR, OGR, and DGR.

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Of the four last men in, (Bender Junior, Ben Der, Luke Laraque, and Marcel Beck) Luke Laraque was the only one who I personally voted for. Overall the picks are good, but I'm a bit surprised that two Toronto players were added for the east team when Toronto overall performed poorly in the regular season. I'm also surprised that another defenseman from Winnipeg was added to the west resulting in half of the D lineup for the team being from the Aurora. I think the biggest snub by far was Outdoor Truck @Snussu in the east. Truck was not only top 15 in scoring, but also had defensive stats worthy of at least a Jeff Dar trophy nom, if not a win this season. Someone who had that good of a season absolutely deserved to make the all star roster on the initial ballot and it's a shame that more people didn't recognize their all star worthy season on the last man in ballot.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2023, 10:14 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
MILESTONES

+2 TPE - Milestones - S72

Code:
AFFILIATE LINK

+3 TPE - PBE affliate

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to rock the arena this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

I'm very happy to see Duncan Mackenzie @DarkCanuck29 representing the Baltimore Platoon in the all-star game. Mackenzie joined the Platoon a season and a half ago, and it's remarkable how that trade immediately impacted the team. As a veteran player, they provided stability to our young core of rookies and second-year players, elevating the performance of the entire team. We won crucial victories towards the end of the season. Mackenzie is reliable, plays well both defensively and offensively, can do anything; we all liked them from the start in the locker room.

This marked Mackenzie's 9th season in the SHL, and while regression may have started, I was happy to witness their second-best season ever in terms of points, goals, and assists. Even though Mackenzie previously played alongside great players like Mandosson in Calgary, I was thrilled to see the young talent in Baltimore managed to step up and help him perform to the best of their abilities. Mackenzie was part of our Coloraline with Bergmark and Ruggsy, and these three players were the only ones on our team to achieve a point per game this season. I would have been disappointed if Mackenzie were not chosen this year.

Code:
199 words

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

GM Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S72 Milestones

Code:

Code:

I think the Eastern Conference team will be able to score more goals. Not only do they have the two top goal scorers in the league, they will also benefit from being able to play two Montreal teammates together, Gorgu Mandosson and Sconnie McHits, who both were in the top 10 in goals and points Thi season. The established chemistry should help them massively in a game where most players come together for the first time.

76 words

Code:

My player should have made the all-star game, because we need more players to represent the league veterans in these types of games. Salzberger put out a decent performance with 34 and 71 points and he even had a team leading 62 penalty minutes without fighting which is an impressive accomplishment in itself.

53 words

Code:

The player representing my team, the Atlanta Inferno, at the S72 All-Star game in Baltimore is forward Shōyō Hinata. Even though his production declined a bit this season, where he got 39 goals and 88 points, compared to last season, where he got 53 goals and 107 points, Hinata is still a high-end offensive talent and, hopefully, it will show at the All-Star game. In a game where a player usually forget that there is any kind of defense involved in the game of hockey, I expect Hinata to be able to put up significant numbers of goals and assists during the game. Usually, Hinata is also able to be an important presence when we are defending, but like I said previously, I don’t think this will come into play during the game. Hinata also really like to take shots on goals in which he had the 8th most in the league with 298. He should be able to entertain the crowd with all that shot generation.

167 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Milestones +3 TPE

PBE Affiliate +3