Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

Please turn on injuries. I know that rosters will be shelled from day one but hear me out. We can use it as talking points about certain players careers being cut short or that a guy has the injury bug. That and I am a lover of chaos.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

The only downside to turning them on is that players would miss sims through no fault of their own, and they could even have their entire careers derailed by randomness. For this reason alone, I don't think it's a good idea. But to play devil's advocate, it would make some currently irrelevant stats more relevant, and I think it would add some immersion. It looks a little weird to see every one playing the exact same amount of games every year.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Turning injuries on is a great idea! Real life sports often depend heavily on having depth pieces step in and play big roles when players go down. I feel like most teams that win championships have some cool story about a guy who either barely cracked the roster or was brought in from outside to fill a hole created by injury and ends up making a big splash to help push the team over the edge. OBVIOUSLY that will translate well to sim leagues and absolutely no one will get fucked by injuries in a way that makes them leave the league or lose interest. No chance.

Injuries would really ruin the fun of earning TPE. If your player gets an injury and doesn't play during their peak season it'll feel as though all the effort to earn was wasted.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

turning on injuries would add further realism to the league but no one wants to miss a game so i think it's a generally bad idea

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I think it would be a fun thing but also a very bad thing. If to many players get hurt, then teams will have to play less players and that would be a problem.

Injuries would be incredibly stupid because putting all your time and effort into a fake hockey league just to watch your ACL tear in pre-season after getting to 2k tpe and blowing your career would cause internet terrorism and honestly, deservedly so.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I don't really know but the SHL probably doesn't have the roster space to even take into account injuries as well as the fact that the whole point of this game is to have fun and see your player, your player being out for like a bunch of games sounds SAD.

50 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

It would affect scoring a little bit and also if ur best player gets injured it's wraps for ur team if they not a top team and also some players could be chasing records.

Turning injuries on would be bad because my old ass would be more irrelevant than it already is. I'm what, 38 years old in game? Older than that? I'm blowing out my ACL every other game if they turn on injuries, I wouldn't even get a sniff of action.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Injuries would be a horrible idea for league activity and general enjoyment because having your player have a season ending injury would kill motivation to earn or follow the league that season.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Turning on injuries would be a bad idea because everyone complains about everything already and this would just add even more possibilities to the pile. But real answer: bad because we have to spend a lot time and effort on each player and this would be demoralizing.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Injuries are a good idea, it makes the game more challenging and that can impact teams a lot. The downside is that the league might not have enough players to turn on injuries.

[Image: fki5.png]

Turning injuries on is completely random and can severely impact a players career and enjoyment in the league. So I am against turning it on as we should focus on retention.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I think it would be a great idea if and ONLY if we were able to control the severity of injuries. Going down to a season ender or a career ender would be awful for player retention for brand new people to the league. However, missing 2 or 3 games here or there due to a hamstring pull would actually make the league a little more interesting. Best player on the team goes down for 4 games and causes the standings to get tighter could be cool.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player