Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

I think injuries would be awesome. But I understand the limitations, namely you risk running out of players when hit with an injury bug. But it would add an interesting dynamic.

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

I think injuries would be a fun idea for the SHL! However, for the minor leagues it would be awful. One, because of the injuries, depth would be needed which could lead up to midseason callups and such. Injuries also to the minors would leave teams with bots and such which would suck. Maybe not such a good idea.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

i think that it would be good cause then i could get 20 fighting and it actually be useful which is good cause i like fighting i wish i could do 20 fighting with it being good

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

turning injuries on would be a good idea because it would make role players like grinders and enforcers useful as well as add additional strategy to the game while also making the sim more realistic

Turning injuries on would make more work and require more players to fill in and rotate through a roster to account for injuries. If one happened mid-sim, it would likely fall on the simmer to rotate that player out and put a new one in. No thank you.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Injuries would probably be a bad idea purely on the thought of the users getting upset on not being able to see their player perform and seeing the update of their player. I would especially get upset if I log in to see my player get injured and be out a certain amount of time, or worse the season.

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

In my short career in sim leagues I've done quite a bit of scouting and new users will sometimes ask about injuries... I usually put it like this: If we had injuries, it would be a real backbreaker for new users to spend the time to create, have scouting convos, do all the rookie tasks and stuff and then all of a sudden in game 3, their player tears an ACL and they're out for the rest of the season. I think it would lead to a ton of new users just dropping the league entirely.

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

I think it should be a good idea, and we should start players at a high level of natural fitness/injury resistance but allow players to freely redistribute tpe from it so players have the opportunity to make themselves more injury prone with the benefit of free extra TPE

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Injuries are realistic man, it's just part of the game. How cool would it be to get called us a minor player cuz some guy got injured and you actually get to play meaningful ice time in the majors on a team that plans on going places, as opposed to getting called up for a team that's in last place anyway? (63 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

While I think short term injuries may be fun, season ending stuff would kill user engagement if you had to wait months to see your player play again.

Code:
Your task: Explain why turning injuries on would be a bad idea. Or a good idea, if you feel like frightening your fellow nerds today.

I think being able to take out the star players of other teams could add a sweet dynamic to the league. Just get yourself a few absolute gooners on the team and check the shit out of the stars to give your team the edge.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Adding injuries would be an incredible way to add variety and realistic career paths. In real leagues incredible teams collapse due to injuries, potential hall of fame players miss out due to a season ending injury or two. It forces teams to carry more depth and give even less talented guys a shot.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

I think turning injuries on would be a terrible idea. One of the big reasons is that Gonzo Gobbledygook is very old and needs all the help he can get.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

I personally think Injures would be a good thing and if I had the chance I would vote them into the SHL. Injures make the league more fun and realist which I would love. It would add risk to making a weaker speedy player as they could be knocked out by a power forward and tough guy. This would also give a reason to have a tough guy on your team and people might put points into fighting. I'm also biased as I made a big tough power forward so this would add another level to my own players game.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]