Create Account

S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png

turning on injuries would be a good idea ; perhaps there is a FHM setting which limits injuries to 3-5 games per injury? Like, a season ending injury is obviously not a good idea, but if top guys were able to get injured, this could throw a whole other wild-card and unpredictability factor into the sim. Predictions would be less accurate, and attributes like checking, blocking, durability, etc would be boosted. BAsically, i want it for the chaos.

Turning on injuries would be a less than stellar idea. When people tune into streams, they want to see their player on the ice, by adding injuries, you are pulling that player off the ice and creating a sense of frustration among the league fans watching the games.

PHP Code:
48 Words 

I think that coaches/gms already have a lot of work on their plate, and having to add an everchanging roster will add to the complications and effort level needed. I think it'll make it harder to find people to competently fill those positions. While it may be intriguing for some, I could also expect how poor someone would feel if their player due to rng was having to be held out for a considerable part of the season

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I think turning injuries on would be a good idea. this is because I have designed my player exclusively for fighting and my player as is is a net negative on the field, meaning if I were to get injured the team would be better.

Well, it would be a bad idea because you will absolutely get guys who max earn and give a lot to the league who will blow out their ACLs in the first week of the season and be completely done. They'd likely step away from the league in the interim. On the other hand, an injury can help improve parity, particularly if top teams are hit with the injury bug.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

It’s a good idea, why the hell not. Goalie fights. Can we have goalie fights? Maybe just for one season. Just for funsies. Would be fun to watch people panic when players get injured

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

injuries I think are a bad idea because what if your player has a season ending injury? You'd have to wait weeks for your next sim and probably go inactive. I think if we could have two players maybe injuries could be okay?

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Turning injuries on would ruin my career! Would ruin my life! I'm but a mere can. My fellow players, have much sturdier bodies as humans. They can recover from breaks and cuts. I would get sent to the recycling center and turned into something scary.

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

Of course injuries are a good idea. I'm all for anything that makes this complete sham of a sim closer to actual real hockey which is what I thought I was joining.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Turning on injuries would be a bad idea simply because it would suck for someone to work this hard to lose seasons potentially. Also not sure we would have enough people to have the depth for that

While turning on injuries I've always thought of as cool for realism, I then realize that it would turn into a mess really quickly and could really ruin the experience for people who might not get a chance to really enjoy this game and might mess up builds as well. Thus, I think turning on injuries would be a bad idea.

Injuries are a part of sports. Ask any New York Jets fan about it if you'd like. Or find any other team to have suffered a major injury. They strike at random as well. Turning on injuries is like turning on sports. In addition in can increase parity, as a top team could get struck by the injury bug. I think we should turn on injuries.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

There are a lot of reasons turning injuries on would be a bad idea, but one thing it could do is cause logistical nightmares between between SHL and SMJHL teams since some sort of contingency would be needed (I'm imagining a world in which SHL teams would have an SMJHL affiliate). It could potentially be fun though. It would make more builds viable as goons might actually be useful.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Turning injuries would actually be pretty interesting, it's one more nuance to manage that heightens the realism and will force coaches and managers to rethink strategies or totally turn a season on it's head. No idea how feasible it is in practice but it's not a bad idea.

(50 words)

Wheezing and eating.

Spontaneity is one of the most interesting things about a sports simulation. As a writer, I do love this idea because it creates some interesting challenges for those who control the character. Is it worth it to continue if you get a certain injury? How do you write yourself out of that corner now that you are on the mend. Fascinating stuff.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough