Create Account

S73 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 11:07 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. See Portal
2. See Portal
3. See Portal
4. Link
5. Link
6. Link
7.                             S73 Regular Season Day 7
In the most recent stream of the SMJHL, the Yukon Malamutes unfortunately fell to 9-14-2 after going 1-2-0 on the night. In the first game against the Carolina Kraken, the Mutes fell 2-1 despite outshooting the Kraken 35-31. Both teams were tied with 18 points entering the game, with Carolina pushing ahead of Yukon. Betzee Nickleback opened the scoring with an unassisted goal 14:03 into the first period. Nickleback potted their 6th goal of the season moments later, at 17:54 of the first, assisted by Stro and Mograine. It ended up being the game winning goal with the Malamutes only scoring a single goal, coming from Florian Soderberg-Motyla at 15:01 of the third period.
1009 characters / 186 words

8. Rookie survey completed. 

Correction, All task completed! Completion bonus awarded! @TheOPSquid -DigDoug11

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023, 11:31 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Code:
1. Update on of your attributes

Update Events on Player Portal

Code:

Code:
2. Claim an activity check on the portal

TPE Events on Player Portal

Code:

Code:
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players) on the portal

TPE Events on Player Portal

Code:

Code:
4. Complete a PT. [NOTE: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" DO NOT count for this task]

SJMHL PT 3

Code:

Code:
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread.
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 150k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.

Not Done

Code:

Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]

Deep Dive 1: Fighting in the SMJHL

Code:

Code:
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      - Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)

Not Done

Code:

Code:
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)

- As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead

Not Done

5 Task Completed! Be sure to claim any new completed task in a new reply! @honey -DigDoug11

[Image: hamsahoney.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023, 11:36 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
I just saw a great game between the Carolina Kraken and Quebec City Citadelles. The Kraken came out strong taking an early 3-0 lead. My player even got an assist on the third goal which is always exciting. But after our third goal Quebec started fighting back. Quickly reducing our lead to two and then slowly but surely scoring two more to make it tied at 3. Not only that, their comeback was strong. Even getting their first lead of the night by scoring a 4th. At this point I started to get worried. We had such a strong first period but after that we started having trouble keeping up. We cheered ourselves on in the locker room and through the power of love, or something, we managed to tie it back up. Most of the third period passed on by without many more goals. But with just three minutes left to play we, The Kraken, took the lead 5-4. After that we shut them down and collected the win.

1 Task completed!

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023, 11:42 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Code:
See update

Code:
See portal

Code:
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players) on the portal
Code:

Code:
4. Complete a PT. [NOTE: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" DO NOT count for this task]
See link

Code:
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread.
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 150k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.
Link to Graphic

Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]
Code:

Code:
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
Code:
Code:
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)

- As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead
Player page from past player

6 task completed! Be sure to claim any new completed task in a new reply! @hockeyiscool -DigDoug11
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2023, 11:38 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133491

All Task Completed! Completion bonus awarded! @kenvald -DigDoug11

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:41 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
See Update Events on Player Page
Code:
See TPE Events on Player Page
Code:
See TPE Events on Player Page
Code:
S73 SMJHL PT #1
Code:

Code:

Recreate Player Page

5 tasks completed! Be sure to claim any new tasks in a new reply. @SpartanGibbles - oknom

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:44 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Update one of your attributes:
Complete See Portal

2. Claim an activity check on the portal:
Complete See Portal

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players) on the portal:
Complete See Portal

4. Complete a PT. [NOTE: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" DO NOT count for this task]:
Complete https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133350

5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread:
Complete https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133268

6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]:
In Progress

- Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission):

In Progress

- As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead:

In Progress

5 tasks completed! Be sure to claim any new tasks in a new reply. @Arcalegion - oknom

[Image: pRYfhit.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:52 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. See player portal
2. See player portal
3. See player portal
4. PT Task
So for my rookie task I watched the Detroit game on October 23. This is my third league, but first hockey one and easily the sport I'm least experienced in. I didn't really care for how the time skipped around but it was probably for the better. I enjoyed watching our offense push up together, seemed like it was a team effort in general as opposed to individual heroics before checking the stat lines. Defense however was very nerve wracking as it seemed like the other team would shoot it any chance they got. Even watched one attempt from halfway across the ice! It did make me feel good as a team. My main concern was during the first goal we gave up it appeared that our goalie was just sitting out away from the goal. It was difficult trying to spot my own player, especially as the lines changed so suddenly. Definitely gave me a lot of questions to look up, as well as gave me a better idea of game flow.

8. Completed survey

5 tasks completed, task 8 denied. I didn't see your response to the S74 Rookie Survey. Fill it out, and make a new reply in this thread to claim along with any other new tasks to claim. @JoeSteel - oknom
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:53 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

See update events on Player Portal

See TPE events on Player Portal

See TPE events on Player Portal

PT #3

Deep Dive

Past Player

6 tasks completed! Be sure to claim any new tasks in a new reply @roastpuff -oknom

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:54 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

10-23-2023, 11:58 AMArcalegion Wrote: 1. Update one of your attributes:
Complete See Portal

2. Claim an activity check on the portal:
Complete See Portal

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players) on the portal:
Complete See Portal

4. Complete a PT. [NOTE: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" DO NOT count for this task]:
Complete https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133350

5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread:
Complete https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133268

6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]:
In Progress

- Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission):

In Progress

- As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead:

Complete 

Task 8 complete! That brings you up to 6 total tasks claimed. Be sure to post any new claims in a new reply. @Arcalegion -oknom

[Image: pRYfhit.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:55 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) see portal
3) see portal.

2 tasks completed! Be sure to claim any new tasks in a new reply @WetzkyforGretzky -oknom
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:56 PM by oknom. Edited 11 times in total.)

1. See Player Portal, Update Events (Link)

2. See Player Portal, TPE Events (Link)

3. See Player Portal, TPE Events (Link)

4. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3421869 - PT # 1 Response

5. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133587 - Rookie Task Graphic 

6.  Deep Dive#1 - The Unexpected Rise of the Squid

Code:
Today i watched the most recent livestream, SMJHL S73, day 18. After a brief wait, the sim launched with some copyright free music as the audio. We first went to Prospera Place, where St. Louis was visiting Kelowna. Some slow moving meeples meandered about the ice, trading goals (with home goal horns!) until Kelowna finally prevailed 4-1. Next up, we visit Regina, who are hosting Nevada. The home ice is urine colored, and Regina wins it 2-1 in overtime. Next we launch into Newfoundland at Yukon, who have an intensely amateur looking Halloween themed ice that is fun yet murder on my eyes. The Malamutes prevail 5-3 in this one. Next is Anchorage at Vancouver, with the home team striking first just 18 seconds in. This ice surface offends me the least so far. Following a dominant 8-1 Vancouver win, the streamer launched into quick sims for the rest of the evening's games, with a save and a view of the statistics following each matchup.

8. Survey Completed!

8 tasks completed, bonus unlocked! @ibuprofenaddict -oknom

\
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 11:08 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 4 times in total.)

Second submission to wrap up the ones I missed.

6. Deep Dive : 
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133347

7. Oct 4th was the first live sim for us(QCC) of the season. I had no idea what to expect as a rookie so I tuned in excitedly. The first game was regina vs Great Falls. The game was ckose initially finishing 2-1GFG after the first but eventually GFG pulled away to win 6-2 and I am still confused about "its raining tacos". Next was our game QCC vs NBB. We were hyped with the team scoring 4 quick goals before NBB could do anything. We pulled out to a 5-2 lead but alas it was not ment to be as Nevada scored 4 more goals and ended up coming back in the second to tie the game 6-6. Nevada completed the come back in the third winning 8-6 and foreshadowing how they would beat our ass in every game for the rest of the season. The following game was Car vs Van that resulted a boring 3-0 shutout for vancouver with the third goal being scored with 1:34 left in the game.The final game was Anchorage just shit kicking NL all over their gnome dabbing ice to the tune of 8-2.

8. Completed Rookie Survey

All Task completed! Completion Bonus Awarded! @ThePyroAlpaca -DigDoug11

[Image: fFccrkD.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:57 PM by oknom. Edited 3 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103540

Fixed on original post and reposted as requested.

[Image: image.png?ex=654e4225&is=653bcd25&hm=3df...b5b740664&]

[Image: image.png?ex=654e4206&is=653bcd06&hm=76a...e86010f7a&]

All 8 tasks completed, bonus unlocked! @Rabidsponge21 -oknom

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2023, 09:58 PM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Code: Check Player updates here please!

Code: Check Player updates here please!

Code: Code: Check Player updates here please!

Code: PT submitted here!

Code: It is just mean that they have to deal with my "art" but here we go

Code: Deep Dive

Code:
Code:
I watched the most recent live stream for the Jr league this season. at 5:48 it says "Line Changes/ Golaue swap" which made me giggle.  The stream clicks very fast so I had to go back later to pause it to see the attributes and everything, but it was pretty neat to watch. Honestly I laughed at the ads on the boards and all over the ice for some of the arenas. When the stream is just clicking the sim buttons and scrolling though the stats it is very anticlimactic, but it is really neat to see some of the stat lines. I like that the ratings are color coded on the stat screens, so you can see when players just have lower or higher ratings. I also never really noticed the 3 stars before, but watching the live stream I see them. Lastly Detroit lost to us in the most recent, so HA! 

My old player, TM3 and TMjr

8 tasks completed, bonus unlocked! @Troy_McClure03 -oknom

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!