Create Account

S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice

OPTION 2 - Written Task

Aumy Junior II is a center forward himself, so he's helping his teammates who are defenders. He isn't very defensive player. His defensive attributes aren't that good. He is more that type of player who scores and assists, mostly spending his time on offense. However, the best defense always has been an offense, right? Carolina "Kraken" isn't doing pretty well now, so it's pretty ironic that I have to say how my player helps our defenders. I have scored almost 25% of all of our goals this season, so that's one thing. 47 goals for the squad and he has scored or assisted 20 of them all. Somehow, while being the 9th place in the entire league, we are in the second place between teams who has the least goals allowed this season. Aumy Junior II is electric, active and always hard working player. That's how he helps his defenders. It's not working out this season yet, but it might help with some time. Season is long, so we have some time to change it up.

176 words

Stars Stars Stars

OPTION 1 - Here We Go Again

Written Task: With some time to go still before your season starts, your player is contacted by an international organziation dedicated to growing the game. They're offering you a handsome check if you'll run a one-week hockey camp for them in any country that does NOT currently have an IIHF team. Which country would your player request? Why? How will your camp run?

Furious Chicken finally gets the chance to hold a ice hockey training camp, in a non-IIHF country. Obviously he quickly went back to his hometown of the Netherlands, on the Rhine river. The Netherlands currently does not have an IIHF team, which made Furious Chicken decide to play for France in the IIHF, as France is still close enough. Big reasons for choosing the Netherlands was of course their love for field hockey, and showing alternative ways of hockey to the population of the country Chicken grew up in. Now obviously it wasn’t going to be an easy task to get a big hockey camp going, as the Netherlands doesn’t have the best ice hockey facilities. But luckily the Netherlands does have (together with Belgium) an Ice Hockey league, and thus ice hockey rinks to play the games on, and what more do you really need after you got those basics going on. Unfortunately once the day of the training arrived Chicken found out 1 thing, he advertised it as a hockey training camp, and that meant most of the people came without skates, and/or proper equipment obviously expecting to be playing field hockey. This is going to be a long week. (202 words)

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Option 1 - graphic
[Image: vaoUf4s.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

The only nation Petr would even fathom accepting such an offer from would be Slovakia. The Czechs and Slovaks had a combined national team for decades, long after the dissolution of Czechoslovakia, so there is still a degree of comradery existing between the two nations. Not to mention, the director of the state intelligence department Petr is... an asset of, was born in Slovakia and played for said team, so acting as a hockey as an ambassador to Slovakia and intending to keep the friendship open and the player pipeline flowing to the Czechs is an acceptable goal to Petr and the nation. In fact, Petr would run annual camps there given the chance. As long as no one questions why a large amount of the camp's attendees declare their IIHF eligibility for the Czech team, all should be well. I mean, Petr isn't unused to illegal activities, but this is the first that would directly and negatively affect his primary directive, the success of the Czech team.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Some of you may not remember that I previously had a player, Raquel Castillo Gutierrez, who was from Costa Rica. So, based on the shared lore that all of my players have, I'm sure that Rocky would be more than willing to recruit Wisconsin into service with helping her start hockey camps in Central America. Judging by the fact that they're teaching kids, they will immediately be enamored by Wisconsin's fluffy tail, but I think that after some annoyance it might actually help Wisconsin warm up to teaching the kids a bit. Wisconsin isn't someone who is naturally good with kids, but with help from a more experienced teacher and the support of a great icebreaker, she'll probably get into it with teaching kids proper positioning and shooting form. It'd be a bit weird, as both she and Rocky are wingers, but with Wisconsin being one of the top defensive forwards in the league, she'll definitely have some stuff to explain.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Well well well here we go again. The the historic country of Italy! There have been quite a few Italian born players in the league already, it's decently popular for the youths it would seem, and this author thought they had a pretty good chance of claiming one of the seats in the recent expansion, but alas it was not to be.
Now, the real reason there should be a team in Italy competing aside from the amount of natural born players to draw from, is that the Mafia has gotten all over the sports betting hustle. They have noticed the lucrative nature of the business, and hell betting odds are even appearing all over the official apps for the different leagues. For the same reason there should be a team is why there is not one. The Mafia bosses don't want to be right in the middle of things, they like to puppet master from afar. Easier deniability.

Code:
161 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

One would probably expect Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen to quickly suggest that the Netherlands should be picked for a youth hockey camp but truth be told... he would rather select people in need. He then offered to participate in a youth camp for refugees in Germany from war-torn regions. When asked why he was interested in that specific background, Sunrise simply pointed out that if there was one sort of person who suffered the most from war besides those who actually fight in those battles, it's the children who are forced to live in terrible conditions, running from their homes.

By his own account as a lucky child as he could rely on his family's riches at the farm, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen insisted that the youth that went through such duress was the exact sort of youth that deserved assistance into a new and hopefully far more peaceful chapter in their lives.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Nash is always bugging the offense to do two things. The first is stay on the boards when the defense has control of the puck. We are always sending the puck up the boards to clear the zone and they need to be a larger part of that battle. Its easier to get the puck out of the zone from there and although the Buffalo D is quite stellar, we could always use some additional help. The second is to dish the puck back to us more in the offensive zone. Nash can score, but he needs the puck in order to do that. Nash has incredible vision and can really see whats going on from the up on the point. If he gets the puck more often there is a higher chance for our team to get the puck in the net. I'm not sure why the coach isn't pushing for this more but they really need to listen for my stick tapping on the ice.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

[Image: image.png?ex=65344e8c&is=6521d98c&hm=69e...a36130872&]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Jarrod Lakemore is the type of player who loves helping out his defensemen. He is always aggressive in his own end and is willing to sacrifice his body to shut down the opposing teams offensive plans, whether that be by blocking a shot or a throwing a check. For Lakemore, he prides himself more on his defensive play than his offensive play and always is active in his own end. Once the puck has been recovered, he's not the type to sprint down the ice and hope for some cherry picking, instead he's always looking to offer a clean outlet to make an easy exit from the defensive zone. On the other end of the ice, Lakemore is a competent offensive player in terms of shooting and passing, but defensemen love him for his tendency to park himself in front of the goalie and allow the blueliners to take some shots from distance that either the goalie will have trouble seeing, or that Lakemore can potentially tip on net. His size and tenacity makes him difficult to clear from the front of the net and he always makes sure to show his stick blade for defensemen looking for a tip play. (171 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written

For the Kelowna defense, they have to get more points. We have that number one defenseman who scores points, we have so many good defensive defensemen's but all we need is more playmaking defensemen that can get points just by feeding the puck off to the sniper or the forward or something like that. Our forwards need depth too but I think the defensive side is an issue as well. I just said that we have a good defensive core, but it's not good enough to make a cup appearance, you need to be physical and you need to pass efficiently and in a fast pace so that the other team can't respond. Maybe not Winnipeg for example but we don't have that kind of offense either. Right now I really look more like a defensive center than a scoring one, but those giveaway percentages to takeaway is concerning for me.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Option 2
Being a defender is such a thankless position that I'm glad that people are finally asking what we want out of our forwards instead of what we need to do to help them score. First they need to stop giving the puck away so much, I don't know what happened the last few seasons but these forwards in front of me have started giving away the puck more and more. Our star center has given away the puck 29 times this season! Do you only want the pick when you're about to score and are allergic the rest of the shift. "I don't need this anymore, the defense will take care of it". Hold on to the puck please, the less I'm playing defense, the less likely they score. Next I need some forward to lay out the body a little more, why do I gotta be the only one blocking shots. The less shots that make it to the goalie the better.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Quote:Written Task: With some time to go still before your season starts, your player is contacted by an international organziation dedicated to growing the game. They're offering you a handsome check if you'll run a one-week hockey camp for them in any country that does NOT currently have an IIHF team. Which country would your player request? Why? How will your camp run?

Spack Jarrow is taking hockey to Zambia. Why Zambia? Well because that is the country he represents in the SSL as a defender for the Hollywood FC team. Although not many people have watched many hockey games, it makes it a perfect market to grow the game and expose countries that are otherwise unfamiliar with the game to learn the nuances.

The week long camp has Jarrow bringing equipment for the children and a dedicated arena built that will allow them to play all year round with the Winnipeg Aurora donating a large sum to the cause as well as additional equipment and other resources. It is amazing how quickly kids can pick up the game with one or two looking like they have real potential.

It is too early to say if this trip was successful but the kids seemed to enjoy it and the community now has an arena that they can use free of charge thanks to the partnership.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]