Create Account

Deep Dive #2 - Potential draft destinations

To preface this article I won't be going through every single team because there are a few I have probably burned some bridges with over the years of me being in the league. I also will say that I do not have any idea who has what pick in the upcoming draft so this will be more of a what teams I could possibly go to or would want to go to in a normal draft with every pick being owned by the original team.

Going through the standings knowing that the lottery hasn't happened yet and picks could change( I have no idea where I will go in the draft number wise and doubt I will be anywhere near the top half of the first round if not in the first at all) and seeing where I could end up.

4th - Calgary - Calgary is an interesting one and had you told me even a year ago that I would put them on a list of teams I wouldn't mind going to I would have laughed in your face, for hours at a time. I have a very long history with Calgary as they were my first SHL team back in S36. At the time it was run by Esa and I was brought in because of my connection to JoeK in STL which turned out well for Calgary for a while. While there were some great people there and I still love Esa and Joe to death, there was also the other side of the spectrum; mostly Izzy. Dealing with Izzy as well as some of the other "boomer takes" in the locker room was tough and Esa had to stop a lot of fights between me and Izzy over the years. Getting out to form NOLA with Joe was a godsend at the time.

BUT NOW; Calgary is under new management and a completely new beast, in a good way I believe. With Boom in charge I have faith that LR is probably very well run and a blast now. Would be a complete 180 from what I remember 6 years ago.

6th - Tampa Bay - Tampa always intrigued me since they were formed. They have a lot of great people in the locker room and I have no doubt that LR is probably as active as any could be based on who I know is there. They have some great GMs and I think even though I have never been there it would be a very fun place to end up from a user perspective.

7th - San Fran - SF is another much like Tampa to me that I know has some great users in the LR and some good GMs that I have interacted with a lot over the years in multiple sim leagues. I could definitely see myself fitting in nicely with SF if they were to draft me and think it could be a fun place to play for sure.

11th - Los Angeles - One of my former teams that I GMed. I can't say enough great things about LA, about Fuzz as a GM, about the people in that LR. It's class act all the way around and I love them all and hope they do amazing. I left them after taking a break from the league for half a year or so after burnout and while part of me regrets leaving that position I do think it has been much better for me now in the long run mentally. While I would love to end up back there I do know that they are one of the teams without a 1st round pick.

15th - Atlanta - I ended up in Atlanta as one of the expansion players picked so long ago at this point. The team was a blast to be around. Great GMs in Hotdog and glutes. Some great users. I had no ill will towards the team or anyone there and I ended up leaving only because I became Co-GM in LA. Had I not got that job I probably would have stayed in ATL and had a ton of fun doing so. If I were to end up there again I would absolutely love it for sure.

Also want to say that these aren't the only teams that I will play for. I'm willing to give almost any team a shot and there is a lot more I would genuinely enjoy being on. These are just some of the ones that came to mind while looking through the standings of teams I have absolutely loved to be on or teams that I think would be fun that I haven't been on before. Please don't take these as I will only play for these, reach out and find out.

795 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Approved @TheDangaZone @CptSquall

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights