Create Account

Lemo’s lemonade stand runs out of juice

It’s been a long career spanning almost 20 seasons and over 2 irl years, but now it’s time for the SHL’s most successful estonian-born player Lemo Pihl to retire. 

Lemo started his career as a fresh faced sim-league rookie signing as an undrafted free agent with the Anchorage Armada at the start of season 54. With them, Lemo garnered his first championship ring, winning the Four-Star Cup in season 57. 

That same season also gave Lemo his first taste of international success, when he won the WJC championship with Team Finland. They went on to repeat as WJC champions the following season as well.

Season 59 was finally the time for Lemo to move up to the big leagues and join the team that had drafted him, the Texas Renegades. As the Renegades were coming out of a decade-long thorough rebuild and starting to prove their mettle against the best in the league, the team went further than anyone had dared hope so soon and captured the Challenge Cup in Lemo’s first season on the main roster. 

And the Renegades were there to stay. Making the finals again a few times in the coming seasons they managed to gain another championship in season 62.

Season 62 was also another milestone for Lemo as, now part of the IIHF squad of Team Finland, they managed to win the IIHF championship, helping Lemo join the vaunted Quad-Gold Club as a player who had won all of the four tournaments that the SHL universe competes in. Team Finland would go on to garner another two IIHF championships in seasons 64 and 66.

Unfortunately after several rules changes to the league and its workings the new Texas management decided that their championship window had closed and it was time to start rebuilding anew. This made Lemo, now in his prime years, a coveted trade piece for contending teams and prior to season 65 he was traded to the Toronto North Stars.

Sadly, his time with the North Stars did not amount to much and after two seasons in Toronto Lemo decided to join up with old friends from the Anchorage Armada on the Philadelphia Forge.

The Forge team was working their way up to contendership at the time and after a few seasons, in season 69, with Lemo among others also putting in their career best season, the Forge were able to capture the Challenge Cup for the first time in their history! 

Lemo played another 4 seasons with the Forge in his twilight years, battling regression as best he could. He even went on to top his career best in the season following the championship. But now it is time to close the book on Lemo’s career.

— — —

I would like to bring out some people that have been instrumental in helping me get acquainted with the SHL when I joined and also who have had a huge impact on the way Lemo’s career played out.

First of all beginning with @golden_apricot for being the first to contact me and recruiting me to the Anchorage Armada and advising and helping me find steady ground here.

Then @Ohtaay for scouting and recommending me to the Texas Renegades management when the SHL draft came.

@puolivalmiste and @RedCapeDiver for drafting me and giving me a chance to be part of those great Renegades championship teams.

@Acsolap for bringing me into the Forge for my twilight years. It was great to be able to help bring the CC to Philly for the first time!

@honkerrs for being a fellow Snarky Puppy fan and also putting me on to the Parcels Wink

And many others on the various teams that I’ve been on throughout my career…

And with that it’s time to take a final sip of LEMOnade and set the empty glass down. I don’t know if or when I’ll be back for a recreate, after more than two years I feel it’s time to take a break before deciding anything further. I wish you all well during the mean time. Good bye and good luck, everyone! Smile

Yours sincerely, Ronnie.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

What a great career! Was a pleasure spending my short time with you in Texas! Enjoy you break from the league and hopefully we see you back someday!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Congrats on a great career man

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

One of the best S56 players

_/ _/ _/

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

11-12-2023, 01:05 PMKeven Wrote: One of the best S56 players

_/ _/ _/
Ngl, was hoping to outlast you for the draft class points lead in the end, but ran out of cash to keep updating enough :D Couldn't have dreamed of as good a career i got when i started out though, so no regrets Smile

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

11-12-2023, 01:32 PMRonniewalker Wrote: Ngl, was hoping to outlast you for the draft class points lead in the end, but ran out of cash to keep updating enough :D Couldn't have dreamed of as good a career i got when i started out though, so no regrets Smile

Yeah it would've been fun to see you stick around for two more seasons so we could compete for points until the very end.

You do have the draft class lead for most championships won though with 9! One ahead of @Matteo and @Salming who both have 8 and way ahead of me with 3.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

great career Finland

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Enjoyed playing with Lemo both on team Finland (thanks for helping with the medals!) and on Toronto for a short time. Definitely a great career you've had there!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Lemo, thanks for everything. It was an honour to wear a lion jersey together so many times first in juniors and later in adults. Your two-way game has always inspired me and I have learned many small details from you. Thank you also for good Twitter chats.

[Image: salming.png]

Great career Ronnie, and an even better person. Appreciate the conversations we shared and getting to know you.

Wish you and the family all the best my friend!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Stick taps to one of the best of the S56 class on an incredible career!

_/ _/ _/

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

fantastic player, fantastic person. loved having pihl as a teammate.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Congrats on great career, was great to have you on the team back in the day. Sometimes a break might be in order but I hope to see you back sooner or later.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me