Create Account

S74 PT#0: Your Dad

The Atlanta Inferno is gearing up for an epic Cup run this season, and with Billy Herrington leading the charge, victory is practically written in the stars. Picture this: our offense will be smoother than a dad's dance moves at a wedding, with Billy orchestrating plays like a maestro conducting a symphony. Our forward line will be scoring goals with such finesse; it'll be like a dad effortlessly fixing a leaky faucet with a single wrench. Defensively, we'll be tighter than a dad's grip on the TV remote during a crucial game. Billy, our defensive stalwart, will be shutting down opponents like a dad shutting down a bad joke – with expert precision and a touch of humor. And our goalie? Well, let's just say they'll be making saves more jaw-dropping than a dad's unexpected punchline. Special teams? Our power play will be more electrifying than a dad telling a lightning joke; opponents won't know whether to defend or laugh. In a nutshell, the Atlanta Inferno's journey to the Cup is inevitable. With Billy Herrington leading the way, we're not just chasing the Cup; we're skating straight into dad-joke glory and hoisting that championship with pride.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field.

Well we know that is the only award any scarecrow is going to win... Now with the actual PT. I think New England has a chance to win the cup this season. We have been at the top of the league in points for the past few seasons but were only able to bring it home in S70. A good chunk of our core is still around and earning and we have a ton of new blood that is excellent. Everyone is earning and trying to improve each and every week. Now there are a few teams that worry me a bit and I definitely do not think we are 100% going to win, but I believe it is not a bad bet at all. Just need the FHM gods to smile down on us. We got this!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

option 1

Link

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

[Image: IMG_8548.png?ex=657e8ebc&is=656c19bc&hm=...6a6d0c664&]

Moving into S74, the Maine Timber bring back a large number of players that made them what they were in S73. But they are definitely the "Maine" attraction in the SMJHL this season. Offensively gifted, deep defense, and great young rookies. I can see this Maine squad having some growing pains early in the season but coming on hard near the end to make some real noise. With the growth of the Lavoies and JJ Frankie JJ being utmost importance to locking down the lower lines on the squad. They are an entire line!  The coaching staff for the Timber has crafted a strategic game plan that maximizes the strengths of each player. Their emphasis on both offensive prowess and defensive stability ensures a well-rounded approach to the game, making them a formidable force in the league. Ultimately I can't help but believe in my team taking it all home again this season! There is just too much talent in the Maine Locker room. And we're going to see it on the ice every single night. 

[179 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

OPTION 1 - Rock that dad bod

Written Task: Describe how your team is going to win the cup this season, because obviously they are. Include at least one dad joke.

Despite being a send down to the SMJHL this season, we here at QCC are going to answer the call up of expectations. Finally no longer being a rookie and officially entering my sophomore season I'm looking to improve my own play and make Québec the unbeatable fortress it's meant to be. Last season Québec City finished 7th in the regular season standings with a record of 34-30-2 which was honestly very respectable considering that essentially over half of the Citadelles' roster were rookies last season. Now, entering a time where these rookies are ready to show their stuff fresh off their first SHL training camps, QCC is ready to show the League who's boss. After all, with talent like 1st overall Frøya Solberg, 2nd overall Céleste Desjardins, 8th overall Juan Tymer and 12th overall Sonja Solberg as well as returning veterans such as Jeff Hunziker, Ryland Murphy and Jaromir Jagrbomb QCC is sure to make a splash season and bring home the first of many Four Star Cups for this young core.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

ISFL affilate

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Option 1:

After winning the championship last season, the Edmonton Blizzards is excited to win another one. Now obviously comes the big question. How to win that 2nd one. One thing that has now happened is that 2 more rookies have come up to strengthen? The Blizzards, and I am one of those so no clue how good that will be going ?. The next skill is the one and only Egg who a few seasons ago performed the magic trick of making draft tickets go away (just joking) will now be in the 2nd season, which means EDM has finally gotten 1 fool to not be a fool anymore, just to get 2 more fools in. The 2 rookies coming in this season though have a track-record on losing in the semi-final after 4 seasons. Oh wait a dadpun, uh, they don’t translate that well but let’s go. “I am coming to take away a tick, ready for take-off”. Yeah this doesn’t work at all. In dutch teek is the dutch word for tick, and teek sounds like the take part in take-off. You also would write it teek-off. This could also reference the tick coming off the body of the person. Humor.

202 words I guess

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Option 2

[Image: eLsKfMp.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Option 1 dad joke at the end

It’s the beginning of the last and final season for Trevor lahey in the junior league before he is called up to the big leagues. This season will be the season he gets to lift that cup and skate around with his mates. All of this will be possible because they are the best team in the league ,obviously, but they have hired a choreographer to help the team with their goal cellys. The plan is that the new dance routine after the goals will be so silly and out there that it will demoralize the other team and distract them that it will give out team the upper hand and take that momentum all the way to the cup. All of this will be possible because they will be scoring goals left and right so there will be non stop dancing, obviously. Why do SHL players never sweat? The ice?  No, because the stadiums has lots of fans.

159 words

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

if the phorge had to do anything to saboptage their rivals it would be getting a parade of fighting midgets to create a massvie traffic jam infront of their stadium which would at best delay the start of teh game as no one, including the plaeyrs would be able to enter the arean. this would throw off the timing for them which we all know is of the highest priorety for hockey players as they are the most superstisious group of athletes in existence. ideally this would require little financial input from teh phroge as gnabe is well known in the fighting little people circles as he himself is one, but if there needs to be some budget set aside for this the ownership is well positioned to do so. ownership would however be asked to put up a prize pool for the fighting little people champion as this would ensure that the fights are real and that some others in hte community would come by and increase the traffic around teh stadium, furthering the delay of teh game and furtehring the chances of this sabotage working out in our favour.

we are sabotaging the other team by replacing all the drinking water on hand (e.g., in the locker room, behind the bench, in the goalie bottles, everywhere they would get drinking water) with salt water. humans rely on fresh water to hydrate and ocean level saltiness salt water would fuck them up a lot. it's true that humans can get elect of lights from salt and other minerals (see e.g., gatorade, body armor, pedialyte) but salt water from the ocean would probably oversalt them and they would no longer be able to perform athletically at a high level. if we replace all the water, the atlanta inferno would probably be fine because of philippe-eko eel, who is an eel and is quite used to salt water because he typically lives in the ocean which is made of salt water. it's possible all his teammates on atlanta have grown accustomed to salt water by proxy by virtue of having Eel around all this time, so maybe they'd be okay too. or maybe they'd also get oversalted and pass out but still even then, it would be philippe eko eel on his own vs. a team that can no longer skate, so we'd win in that instance too

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 12:40 PM by vbottas17. Edited 2 times in total.)

After what seems like decades of rebuilding and retooling the roster, this could very well be the season that the Monarchs put it all together and bring home the Challenge Cup. It's taken a while but like Alexi Piastri's father always told him.. the skeleton never claimed the mountain because it didn't have any guts. Horrible dad joke but better late than never, the Monarchs finally have the guts to take on the rest of the SHL and climb the mountain towards a championship. Countless high draft picks are establishing themselves as top SHL players while an incredible list of young talent is now just sratching their way onto the roster or is waiting in the wings. Former top prospects such as Nevek Kove, Luca Pane, Hải Nam Hoàng, Meta Knight, Julian Flörsch, Alexi Piastri, Elena Maximova and Enes Gündoğan have now established themselves as top notch SHL talent. After recording a 7-0 record in the preseason, expectations are high this season in Minnesota, this could be the year!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

We are going to win the cup because I said so. Also it seems the team I am in the lower league for always wins before I get called up so if we want to keep this trend the TBB would win. Newfoudnland really has a shot this year. I am going to be at max again and if they can have a good draft (which they seem to do a lot) we could really make a push like we did last season and try to not let anything stop us. We can go berserk on the competition Wink. I think last season I had an incredible season and if I could do that again and lead the team to a good record an MVP could also come to my way in the juniors also. Hopefully I do not disappoint and do worst and do at least around the same would be incredible. I am very excited for the new season and can not wait.

[Image: dc24.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]