Create Account

S74 Championship Week! 1/21 DEADLINE

1. CW TRIVIA - Chungus

4. Written, 3 TPE, The Char B1 bis In The Room (150 words min.)

You have got to think that in hindsight, they could've continued competing for the cup if they never pulled the plug so to speak. The fact that theyre still competing as a top 4 team despite that is extremely pointed evidence to that case. And then you have Philly who are entering a soft rebuild, with a good set of prospects ready to be called up in a few season to change the guard more or less. I think Philly getting their placement is well earned, but I do feel that despite the talent being there, Montreal was a bit lucky overall in that regard. If theres anything to learn on this, its that you dont pull the plug until completely necessary, and you ride out your window for as long as possible to try to get the ship.

Code:
166 Words

AFFILIATE CLAIM: ISFL Affiliate CW Week

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

1 – Belly
2c- The New England Wolfpack are by far the most impressive conference finals victory. Just look at the games they were just better games than the games that the Winnipeg Aurora had. The Aurora sure the had 4 to 1 conference finals victory with not much excitement at least not at the same level as the Wolfpack’s games, it is a harsh truth but it is true.
Words~67
9 - 2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes - https://soundcloud.com/mesbonk/s74-champ...p-week-bsh

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 01:01 AM by locrianmidwest. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verif word: Penny

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
KittyGoesMeow

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Upset City (150 words min)
An impressive string of upsets took place this season, especially in the West with San Francisco’s Cinderella run. Which upset series impressed you most, why, and what in that series sticks out most in your memory? For the purposes of this task, any series won by the lower seed is an upset.
I think I have no choice but to toot our own horns on this one - who, except for San Francisco's locker room, could have believed in the Pride having full control of the series against the President's Trophy winners in the regular season, the Edmonton Blizzard? Don't get me wrong, this was a long shot even for the staunchest of believers (which was basically Caleb and I), but we had some tight games against Edmonton this season, so we felt like we had a chance, especially after eliminating our Californian nemesis, the Los Angeles Panthers, in the previous round. But the fact that we were up 3-1 in the series after the first set of 4 games really blew us away. This was the point where we started to believe in our chances to make it to the Challenge Cup Final... a dream that was shattered when the Winnipeg Aurora dispatched us in 5 (very close, might I add) games. For such a young team, this is a very positive experience, and we hope we can come back to the Final Four sooner rather than later.

(190 words)

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 74! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
Hurray, the New England Wolfpack won another Challenge Cup..! You can probably taste the salt in those words? Yes, for a league that boasts about their parity, let's just say we often see the same teams making it far in the playoffs lately, don't we? My team, the San Francisco Pride, was the only team in the Final Four that hadn't been there in the past 2 seasons. Moreover, the finalists this season, the Wolfpack and the Winnipeg Aurora, have been to the Final a combined 7 times in the past 5 seasons - facing off thrice in that time span. There's not much to say about the final - the more offensive team beat the more defensive one. I just wish we could see other teams in the Final, you know? Like, the Baltimore Platoon coming out of the East would've been fun! Or us coming out of the West! I'm just tired of always seeing the same teams at the top - and judging by early off-season moves... their domination is far from over. And that puts a real damper in my enjoyment of the league, to say the least.

(196 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

1. Trivia Word: Pack +3 TPE

3. I think that one of the biggest reasons for the success of the two teams between New England and Winnipeg are their general managers. I think both general managers and co-general managers have been able to build solid cores in both teams, keeping good strong veterans and also building through the draft to create a stronger young core to replace the strong veterans after they age out and retire or get traded. Being a part of the New England team I have been in the presence of our general managers and knowing what they do to be able to build a strong team to be competitive for multiple years. Also, I believe that having a good locker room and players that like to be together and work well together whether on the ice or off, the ice is also a big factor to a teams success. Personally, being a part of New England, I think we have a good core to be able to be back again next year and for multiple years in the future. +3 TPE

12. This year‘s cup was won by the New England Wolfpack. The big reason that New England won the cup this year was because of four main players. The four players that helped out is Marcus The Tater Jager, Outdoor Truck, Olaf Karsikko and Bruno Tooyo. Marcus came through with the game winner in game seven versus Hamilton. Bruno and truck lead the way in scoring versus Philadelphia and Winnipeg on the way to leading to a championship. And the championship could not have been won without Olaf in goal, having a .913 save percentage in the playoffs and coming up clutch to help lead the team to a championship. I don’t think there was anything that Winnipeg could’ve done differently they put up a great fight in the finals. The favorite part for me is being a part of the New England championship and winning my 1st cup. +2 TPE

1. Trivia

Urtles

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Code:

VW: simwen

Code:
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 74! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

Wow what a crazy end to the season that was for our two finalists here in the Simulation Hockey League! New England did a great job scoring goals and keeping goals out of their own net and that's why in my expert opinion they wound up winning the cup. On the other hand I would say Winnipeg did not do a very good job of winning games in the finals as they only won two so that hurt their chances of winning the series. They should try winning more next time. My favourite part of the series was the end because that means we're one step closer to the start of next season. (113 words)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Upon Further Review
Draw how your team's season went! As long as I can tell which team you play for and it conveys some kind of sentiment about your team's season, you'll get credit.

[Image: cw2.png?ex=65c07172&is=65adfc72&hm=41071...height=662]

8/8

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Code:
allo

3tpe
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)
Despite being the 8th and 10th ranked regular season teams in the league, our finalists from Winnipeg and New England represent two of the most dominant teams over the past several seasons. What do you think is the secret to their success? What can other teams learn from them? Which one is more likely to be back again next year?

The league managed to achieve parity so it’s not surprising that some team are able to get to the finals without having a lot of regular season success. That parity is one of the thing that makes the simulation hockey league a fun game. Nonetheless Winniped and New England are good team. They have consistent drafting. They are intelligent with their assets and they keep their players for a long time. I am particularly impressed with Winnipeg rebuild. I saw the beginning of it when I joined the league and I saw them get better season after season. It’s been really impressing.  They also know the meta and how to build players. Other team should inspire themself of their build. TPE allocation is a really important part of the game and it’s important to have a good global plan. I think that winnipeg is hte most likey to go back again. I truly believe that they are a dynasty.

6tpe

Code:

Wow New England won the cup! I am really happy for them. It’s truly deserved. I feel like it could have gone either way.  They won in 6 games so it was a close series. I don’t know if they would win a rematch. I don’t think that Winnipeg need to change anything. They just need to keep working hard and try again next season. I believe they can easily win another cup. My favorite part of the series was the overtime game. I was truly stressful to watch as a spectator. Watching the finals made me sad though. I wish that Atlanta was playing.

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

1. Trivia
Gatorade

3. Some teams honestly are just really good in the playoffs, regardless of their regular season success. I've seen the same situation happen with other teams that I've been on, but essentially a team can just have so much playoff experience that regular season results just don't really matter that much. Both of these teams have really strong lineups from top to bottom, and sometimes even just earning over the course of a season can get you into a pretty good spot by the end of the season. The GM's definitely understand this and also know the composition of their team pretty much front to back. There's also people that definitely understand the SIM engine a lot better than others and that definitely plays some role within it. I know that doesn't really explain how low those teams placed relatively in the regular season, but at least for their playoff success, it definitely has some impact. But yeah, I mean, I remember at the beginning of the season predicting Winnipeg would be one of the finalists, so it seems like the season actually went as expected for them.

12. Alright, so it looks like New England won the championships in the end, after all that happened over the course of the season. I will honestly say that I have no idea anything about that team, who's on the team, what their roster looks like, but I know that they have been fairly consistent in reaching the playoffs over the past few seasons, I think. Winnipeg was definitely the favorite going into this series, at least from my understanding, and seeing everyone predict them up to this point. But both of them pretty good teams. And yeah, I mean, that's kind of like the most general thing I can say about two teams that I know absolutely nothing about in terms of composition. Big props to the players and the GM's and everyone involved in making that team a championship winner. Really hoping that Calgary can be in that situation in the next few seasons as well would be really nice to see.