Create Account

S74 Championship Week! 1/21 DEADLINE

GM CW Pass

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

GM CW pass

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

J GM pass

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

CW Pass

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 11:17 PM by Takk806. Edited 1 time in total.)

CW PASS

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

CW pass

GM Pass

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Fed Head Pass

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Final season of GM Pass :(
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 11:56 AM by hockeyfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: maybe

Code:
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. Which of the finalists had the more impressive conference finals victory, and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

c. I would say that Winnipeg had a more impressive finals victory, because Edmonton was all in as champs, and I'm sure many people had them picked to win. To see San Francisco beat them in 6 games was incredible, but that put San Fran as the new favourites in the West. Winnipeg beat them without much trouble at all.

d. I think we will see the New England Wolfpack win over the Winnipeg Aurora. They beat the heavier teams - the Buffalo Stampede, the Philadelphia Forge and the Hamilton Steelhawks, with only the first round Hamilton matchup going the distance. Pick New England to win over the Winnipeg Aurora, but both teams miss the playoffs next year.

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)
Despite being the 8th and 10th ranked regular season teams in the league, our finalists from Winnipeg and New England represent two of the most dominant teams over the past several seasons. What do you think is the secret to their success? What can other teams learn from them? Which one is more likely to be back again next year?

I would say that the secret to Winnipeg's success is picking up a backup goaltender for dirt cheap when he decided he didn't want to play in Toronto after one season. They also picked up their leading scorer after he decided he didn't want to play in Chicago anymore. Basically, they have compiled a team of veterans who have had success in the past and put them all out there with no expectations. Think of the Detroit Red Wings from the early 2000's. New England's secret to their success is Luke I think. Also they picked up a point per game player for cheap from Toronto because he decided he didn't want to play their anymore. I think more teams need to come to Toronto and try to find players who don't want to play their anymore, that's the new success secret. Worth a try! (153)

CW Pass IIHF Fileworker

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Head of Recruitment Offseason Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

CW Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 04:49 PM by wizard_literal. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

thrive

Code:
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two old faces are back in the ring, proving reports of the dynasty’s demise were greatly exaggerated! Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. Upsets were a theme this year - which of our finalists had the more difficult road to the promised land and why?
c. Which of the finalists had the more impressive conference finals victory, and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

2b. As will be elaborated on later, New England's trip to the finals really showed that an experienced team, despite seeding, is not to be trifled with! To add onto that the sheer performance from not just one, but multiple players on the team that helped contribute to their run to the cup is immensely admirable. The defensive front as a whole was incredibly stalwart and that just propagated a solid offensive game to push them ahead in game after game.  

80 words

2c. I've got the Wolfpack coming out ahead here. This team is just far too resilient to fail at thing point in the season. A team that has come so very close in recent cup games should finally prove their worth behind a roster with very few holes. Led by Jaques Hammer on the scoring front, and the tough Tenderloin as the keystone of the defensive game, it's just difficult to think this team could lose another shot at the cup. 

80 words

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Upset City (150 words min)

An impressive string of upsets took place this season, especially in the West with San Francisco’s Cinderella run. Which upset series impressed you most, why, and what in that series sticks out most in your memory? For the purposes of this task, any series won by the lower seed is an upset.

While San Francisco's run has been nothing short of impressive, it did come to a tragic end. So for that reason New England gets my vote for the most impressive upsets this offseason. Entering the playoffs with an aging roster and sitting at 9th in the standing on the year, I'm sure New England was more than happy to just have made it back into the dance. But an impressive win in game 7 of the first round seemed to light a fire in the Wolfpack as they went on to dominate in the second round against the 2nd seed Buffalo, and then finally squeak out a series win in 6 games against a Forge team that has consistently shown they're not to be underestimated. The gravy on top is that New England has been playing as a complete unit, with players such as Brun Tooyo, Jacques Hammer, and a trio of Defenseman all sitting atop of the Shots Blocked chart.

161 words

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]