[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

HO PASS

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

HO CW Pass

Under 30 GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 09:05 PM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Upsets were a theme this year - which of our finalists had the more difficult road to the promised
land and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

b.) More difficult road - New England - this one is easy to see as they had to play more games and were at the point of elimination during their 1st round match up - Winnipeg has never dropped more than 2 games in a series so far and have the momentum on their side favorably. New England might be more tired for the games to be played and have had to grind it out harder.

d.) Who wins? Winnipeg simply due to the fact they have played less games and shown a bigger dominance when playing their opponents thus far. Now you might say its more impressive that New England did what they did considering who they had to play, but as we have seen in the past - the finals always drains that last bit of gas you have so each drop is needed.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)

The secret to success in any sim league is founded primarily in the draft.

You will not go anywhere with your team unless your drafting is close to elite and you show progress to retain that talent. The worst thing about being a part of a rebuild is being a part of the 1st wave of draftees because more than likely by the time the team is good and able to post stats worthy of a hall of fame career, you suffered through the bad seasons while the 2nd wave benefits from being called up when the core is already established. Now sometimes cap timing and free agent can bare some fruit for bolstering a roster - but rarely is free agency something that allows a franchise to turn itself around. You need to know when to acquire picks in a good draft - and spend them in a weak one you see forming. I feel like New England continues to dabble in the 1st rounds when needed - so I think they likely have more longevity moving forward.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, The Char B1 bis In The Room (150 words min.)

The hardest part of a rebuild is knowing when to time it.

Could Montreal of stretched it out and waited to slow burn it and transition bit by bit? For sure - but with a reddit draft looming and teams clamoring to buy some players I think the timing for them was right to just reset it en masse. I will always tell anyone gming that full resets are really hard to pull off. They are really reliant on nailing every draft pick and retaining all parties to suffer through the bad with the promise of eventual good. I am more of a fan of a slow re tool. Sim leagues are something you want to just keep making the playoffs as much as possible as luck can always be a factor at times. I know this sim engine is a bit more rigid so that might not hold quite as true here but it helps with the team reputation as well. You can't hold on forever, but the full reset I think will be make or break for this team.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 02:54 PM by Jexter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup
related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer
must be 50+ words.

a. Two old faces are back in the ring, proving reports of the dynasty’s
demise were greatly exaggerated! Pick either of our finalists, and tell
me what about them impresses you the most!

d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

2a. What is most impressive about Winnipeg is that many thought that the window was closing for the Old Bears, but no matter how many times you try and teach them a lesson, they get back up. Also impressive is the amount of short-handed goals scored by the Aurora, especially, by the height challenged Lord Farquaad.

(WC: 55) TPE: 1

2d. I have Winnipeg winning this thanks to the great support from their top prospects in Juan Tymer and Langston Hardison-Laurent. Both have been used to go get coffee for the team, letting the Aurora players rest up and able to fully perform every night. I also think Winnipeg’s odd-player situation teams are far superior.

(WC: 54) TPE: 1

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Haven’t I Seen This Before? (150 words min.)

Despite being the 8th and 10th ranked regular season teams in the
league, our finalists from Winnipeg and New England represent two of the
most dominant teams over the past several seasons. What do you think is
the secret to their success? What can other teams learn from them?
Which one is more likely to be back again next year?

I think the Winnipeg Aurora and the New England Wolfpack have helped build a very consistent winning culture that allows the teams and players to make the most out of the ice time. The Aurora also are able to use a great core of complete players that are active enough to stave off the regression that plagues other players. Winnipeg is also looking to establish a legacy for themselves as newer team, meaning the management and staff work harder to prove themselves. This has allowed to them to build fantastic powerplays and penalty kills that are top notch, especially in playoffs. Once they made the post season, the veterans of the rosters of both WPG and NEW led the way.

I believe and know that Winnipeg will be back (and winning) the Challenge Cup Final next year since they have the best prospects and management (please pay me more bonuses and they definitely are not forcing me to say this).

(WC: 160)
TPE: 3

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Underdogs (150 words min.)

Predict an upset for this season’s IIHF tournament, and explain why you
think your chosen underdog matches up well against that specific
opponent!

This might be a little predictable, but I think that Team USA could have a good IIHF tournament after a subpar tournament last time around when the Americans took 10th in the standings. However, the Americans had a relatively young group of new stars who have gotten a whole year’s worth of more SHL experience. Never bet against the Americans, especially when it comes to facing the European teams like Germany and Great Britain. With the Northern teams of Sweden, Finland and Norway, some of the other teams may be vulnerable to be falling out. I think the USA’s goal scoring under Theodore Svatos will allow them to pierce the great defense of the higher ranked teams like Germany and Great Britain, who have not been known for putting a ton of points on the board. Really, it comes down to oldest and truest way to win the hockey game will come down to out shooting and outscoring the opposition.

(WC: 160)
TPE: 3

Also did CW Trivia as insurance
Verification word: insurance

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Simmer Post-Season Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

GM Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

CW Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

CW Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 08:47 PM by Operation Ivy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.
Ivy

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup