Create Account

S74 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Hello new players!

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).
It's a bit late in the season, but I am now pleased to bring you the first S74 DFA Bounty:

Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a successful SMJHL player and continuing that success in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed? (250 word min.)

Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S75 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S76) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, January 21st @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 09:00 PM by cake307. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alexa Johansen was born to an immigrant father from Norway and an American citizen mother in San Diego, California. The city is not the kind of place one might expect to produce a burgeoning hockey talent, but if one knows where to look, they can find the opportunity to grow. And Nils Johansen, being a hockey nut, knew where to look, or else found out.

This was how Alexa grew up playing a unique kind of hockey; street hockey. As she got older, she moved on from the type of running around on foot game most street hockey players did, though, into her first taste of real glory, roller hockey. She was already roller skating at just seven years old, and by ten she’d mastered inline skates, and by twelve she was on a youth team, tearing up indoor and outdoor rinks alike.

By thirteen, she had been noticed by a coach on a youth ice hockey team, one of the few in Southern California, and recruited into that world. Here, even more than roller hockey, one could find her grinning, flying, soaring as she played. Speed became the name of her game, and then as she kept growing past other girls and even several boys, so did strength. Combined, she dominated in her age bracket, pushing her way through checks and hits, flying past craftier defenders, and scoring goals or grabbing assists from deep in the opponent’s territory.

By sixteen, it all changed. Alexa’s mom passed away, cancer taking her, and the teenaged girl found that suddenly she only had her father and her sport. Some of the joy and fun went out of her game then, but what replaced it might have been even better for her future chances; she gained a fire, a burning desire, to honor her mom in the only way she knew how, taking the number 16 on her back and carrying it to the highest heights. The SMJHL isn’t the goal. The SHL isn’t the goal. The only goal is to be the very best, to crush the competition, and to prove a SoCal girl from the hardboard has what it takes to cut up the ice.

Code:
364 words

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

As with any pro career, Jim Wieners has had a long and arduous journey to the big leagues. It all started many moons ago, in a distant far off place known as Gothenburg, Sweden, home of classic death metal band Amaranth (this is why i chose that as my city of birth.) Jim Wieners found a passion for ice skating at the young age of 3, when his dad Mr. Wieners first took him to a local pond that had frozen over and gave him a tiny pair of ice skates. It was all uphill from there, for as Jim grew up he started to love skating more and more, and when he was 5 he got his first hockey stick. That was when it really kicked off. Competitive by nature, Jim Wieners spent his formative years practicing as much as possible to be the best kid in the neighborhood. All the work paid off. He was getting better and better by the day, consistently out performing his peers in every game he played. When he was 16, he decided it was time to move to North America to pursue his dream of becoming a professional. With his dream in hand he joined a high school league in Michigan, and kept building his skills. He was immediately one of the top performers in his high school league, which while not the biggest achievement, still spoke to a bright future somewhere down the line. And now, getting ready for the SMJHL Draft, he is ready to make that future even brighter.

[Image: 79b965bb977ff774f052b63c4959e982.png]

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Turtle Bob has finally made it to the SMJHL draft he didn’t think this day would ever come. After playing in the ECHL as a minor for the Newfoundland Growlers the last couple seasons he noticed more and more scouts coming to watch him play. Scouts for the NHL Europe leagues and of course The SHL scouts. As soon as he heard there were scouts from SHL coming to his games he started playing out of his mind. Being one of the best two way defensemen in the ECHL as a young lad the scouts loved his game. Bob can pass he can score and he can defend as good as anyone else. Averaging over a point per game leading the league in Shots blocked and take aways. Bob is beyond ready to join the SMJHL ranks.
Even growing up in the minor hockey leagues he was always a step ahead of all the kids his game was way too good to be playing in the minors he wasn’t long taking over the local hockey leagues which is what net him the start to his young career in the ECHL.
Now Turtle Bob is doing what he can to drive his draft stock up so high as he can get it. He has been playing in the world juniors Tournament (which he gotten the MVP leading Canada to gold) and also practicing with former SHLer Jim Lahey to bring him up to speed with how they play in the SHL/SMJHL.

[Image: cuffana.png]

Annyeonghaseyo! Je ireumeun Jennifer imnida! I was born in Korea, but spent time in the United States, specifically in New York, and from there I picked up the love of hockey. I graduated high school in the United States, and moved back to Korea to become an idol. My dream is to become the greatest idol/ hockey player the world has ever seen!

In terms of my hockey history, I started playing when I moved to New York in middle school. I played in recreational leagues but as I went into high school, I got the opportunity to play for my school’s women’s hockey team. I have only played forward since I started playing hockey (Since every team I played for always needed a forward) and while I’ve played a little bit of center, I’m more natural on either of the wings. After I moved back to Korea, I continued to play hockey as a way to keep my cardio up for idol training, and even made it onto the Korean Women’s Olympic team!

I think my key to success is my hard work. It’s hard to juggle two demanding careers in being an athlete and being an idol, but I believe I can do both. As a player on the ice, I have a natural knack for goal scoring, but also good vision to get assists. If there is a negative to my game, its that I likely won’t get many hits or play very physically, but I make up for that with my speed and hockey IQ.

Thank you and I look forward to the SMJHL draft! Fighting!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Alexei Ponikarovsky. Dmitri Khristich. Ruslan Fedotenko. Not names that jump to the forefront when thinking of successful pro hockey players. However, pro hockey players they were nonetheless. And they all share something else in common. They all hail from the Ukraine.

Matviy Cajabi hopes to add his name to that list. He's good enough to finish at the top of that list actually. But we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Cajabi hails from Kramatorsk, a city approximately 400 miles southeast of Kiev and near the Russian border. The second of three children, he was raised by his mother, Katya, who was an Olympic speed skater and his father, Josef, a former pro hockey player from Czechia who bounced around the European leagues. Fair to say that his genetics have helped play a part in Matviy's success thus far in his hockey career.

But genetics only gets us so far. His hard work, determination and character define him just as much as his speed and skill on the ice do. Which is saying a lot, because the kid has speed to burn. It will be the first thing you notice about him when you see him on the ice, if you can keep up when he blazed past you. And while early on there were slight concerns that his hands might not be able to keep up with that speed, he has put any doubts to rest by working on his stickhandling and shot every day for hours.

He's nearly always been one of the better, if not the best player, on the teams and leagues he's played in whilst playing in the Ukrainian youth leagues. Everyone who has had a hand in his development (coaches, parents, teammates) all believe he has what it takes to take his game to the next level and beyond. And with that belief, Matviy is gambling on himself and bringing his talents to North America and the SMJHL.

His rise to stardom could very well be equivalent to his speed on the ice. So try to keep up.

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Nathan Abel comes from the PBE it is a baseball league that he is a minor league relief pitcher in and he was excellent but before that he was a student at Texas A&M university where he was a two sport athlete he was both a baseball player and a hockey player. At first he was a goalie but that didn't work out as he had a save percentage of .800 but he was an incredibly strong arms from being a pitcher so he was thrown at right wing and he dominated he was scoring left and right but unfortunately, he was very fragile and go injured again and again and again. After that he received an offer to join the PBE and he would be drafted. So he did and sort of gave up hockey for awhile then in his second year of him being in the PBE some news reached his ear. The news was an opportunity to become a dual sport athlete. Somone in the PBE hinted that some GMs wanted to draft him and that SHL season just happen to not interfere with PBE so it would completely fine. Then a GM approached Nathan we have had an injury you know that gives you an exception to join our team right. You will still need to be draft but until them you can play for us what do you say? I was stunned but I agreed to join the Armada, at first it didn't go well then I started to put it all together in the playoffs where I had 8 points and that brings us to today.
  • Code:
    272 words

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2024, 07:36 PM by zT Gamoja Tz. Edited 1 time in total.)

OMeet Lee Harrison, the Scottish goaltender. Growing up in Edinburgh, L. Harrison’s journey into hockey began in local leagues, where his prowess as a goalie caught the attention of scouts during his junior career in Scotland.

Wearing the number 06 for luck, Lee honed his skills on the ice of Murrayfield Ice Rink, becoming a standout player for his junior team. His remarkable performances led to regional tournaments and even national showcases, solidifying his reputation as a promising goaltender.

As L. Harrison progressed through the junior ranks in Scotland, he faced tough opponents and learned valuable lessons that would shape his approach to the game. His dedication to training and improvement earned him accolades and respect within the Scottish hockey community.

Now, as L. Harrison dreams of being drafted into the Simulated Major Junior Hockey League (SMJHL), he carries the lessons learned from his time in the Scottish leagues. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ukeagle-FAST.jpg]

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2024, 12:49 PM by No Goal. Edited 1 time in total.)

My name is Brayden Point. I am a Canadian native with a passion for the ice. Growing up becoming a SHL pro hockey center has always been a dream of mine. From the time I was old enough to walk I had a hockey stick in my hand and was shooting on the net scoring goals for the team. I love everything about hockey the fans, watching the games (when not playing), playing, winning, and most of all the teamwork! I might be a goal scoring center but I am nothing without my teammates on my left, right, behind, and goal. I have played for various teams while in school including the Canadian Maple Syrup, Alberta Arrowheads, and most recently the Northern Thunder. I have always played as a forward center. The coach puts me in the score and stay ahead. In the leagues I have been I have led in goals scored and set new records. As I mentioned hockey is a team sport. I can score 3 goals and get a hat trick but without a solid team the other team will also score a lot. I have always been recognized as a team player and am quick to acknowledge the success of the entire team. I have experience as a team leadership and have had both an A and C on my jersey throughout my tenure as a player. I am going to be successful due to my drive to do the best that I can. I value my relationship with my team and coach and have a drive to be the best I can be. I do not bring less than 110% to what I do. My dream is to become a SHL pro and win the cup and I am confident that I will make it happen. The sky is limit!

(306 words)

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

If you saw James Howlett as a child, you wouldn’t recognize him as the player drafted this upcoming season. Not that he’d tell you much about his upbringing anyways. What can be pieced together is that James’s family was fairly well-off, and he never complains about his young childhood. After that, however…

When James was a teenager a heritage dispute left both of his parents dead and his cousin on the run from the law, with nobody to protect her. Besides James, of course. So the two traveled around Canada finding odd-jobs to support themselves. It was a few years later that James first entered a hockey rink in the hopes of winning some prize money with a local team. The team fell apart within the first round, but James’s aggressive playstyle and commanding presence in the rink caught the eye of a man in the crowd. Ogun, as he was called, offered to help James hone his playing abilities, becoming one with the blades on his feet, and with nowhere else to go James accepted. Since his cousin was still on the run from the law, James only ever played as the captain for Ogun's travelling show team The Wolverines, but under Ogun’s mentorship he thrived, every day finding another way to throw his weight around more efficiently. 

James’s decision to try for the SMJHL came from another tragedy: his own mentor and surrogate father Ogun betraying James and rigging his games for profit. James was willing to win at any cost, but refused to walk down that darkest path. So James left Ogun and his teaching behind, finally deciding to take his skills he’s learned to a higher level, in the hopes of supporting what little family he has left.

Graphic:

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Ylib Kove grew up in Quebec City with his brother Nevek. He spent his early years watching his hometown of Quebec earn their first SMJHL franchise, the Citadelles, and grew up idolizing the players. He diligently played junior hockey in Quebec during his childhood following in the footsteps of Nevek. Ylib has found success at every level of the game so far, being a standout player from a family who knows nothing but sporting success. The creation of the Citadelles during his formative years meant Ylib was instilled with a passion for hockey from a very young age. His brother also played a huge part in helping Ylib train so hard to the stage where he's SMJHL eligible. He was skating around on the rink almost as early as he could walk and Nevek was supporting him every step of the way. Having such a successful and supportive sibling really helped give Ylib a sense of clarity when it came to navigating towards a future in the Simulation Hockey League. His skating abilities were noticed a few years before his draft eligible year and everyone knew that Ylib would one day be drafted. He has lived in Quebec his whole life and is excited by the prospect of playing for his hometown Citadelles, while also recognizing that his rapport could land him somewhere else entirely. His lifetime up to this point has prepared him for playing hockey in the SMJHL and his past success playing in younger Quebec leagues has given him the confidence that he'll succeed in the J.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Cade de Vries is a unique player, to say the least. standing tall and proud at 6 foot 7 inches, weighing in at 265 pounds. While today's hockey may have become focused on athleticism and speed, de Vries likes to make his unique frame a game-breaker for hockey. He was already peculiarly tall for his age at 9, so he was placed as a defenseman early on. Starting in his homeland of the Netherlands, he was very good at 2 things, slapshots, and defense. But as time progressed, so did de Vries. When he was 13, he was already 6 foot 3 inches at 215 pounds, and added a (controversial) part to his game, crushing hits. He would make an opponent always have their head out for him, because if not, he would send them at best out of the game with a concussion. at 15, he grew to 6 foot 5 inches and 240 pounds and was a true beast of a man. This allowed him to excel at what he did best, Slapshots with the power of god, and Defense that allowed him to just stand somewhere and let every skater skate away in fear. He led his junior leagues in hits; shots and goals as a defenseman; and the unofficial record for most (legal) injuries caused. His final stature of 6 foot 7 inches, 265 pounds allowed him to be one of the most physically unique players, with a penchant of scoring unlikely yet useful slapshot goals, crushing the wind out of the opposing team, and making that team have use some backups due to injury.