Create Account

S75 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Nathan Abel
Position: Right Wing
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? I heard about it from the PBE site I am a player there.
Full Discord Username: dethepyro

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Weekends all day and weekdays about 2 hours.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Grilled with no toppings (INCUDING KETCHUP AND MUSTARD) anything else is inferior and deserves to be burned.

What made you join the SHL?: In PBE I don't have enough time for a league job but I do have time to write another 500 words.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: It would depend on what I could bring back or if I replace myself, if I can replace myself travel bacl to when I am 6 become the tallest strongest and it would restart my growing cycle making me comfortably on the athlete track.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: The state and problems of league of legends pro and how there is no innovation.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles primary because of Chick-Fl-A waffle fries.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: It depends if the rest of the team is doing it if yes I would because at that point its a team activity. If no I wouldn't because Hockey isn't supposed to be political and the more people talk about pride the more you shove it down peoples throats the more they will come to dislike it or people will be pressured to join pride if you even show a slimer off the beaten path. If you gay fine of your lesbian fine I just feel like all of the pride events and logos is just too much and it will never integrate into society the more you shove it in peoples faces. The way you make something normal is by making it no big deal they attention you call to an issue the less normalized it becomes. 

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Going to sports game.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Saga of Tanya The Evil Volume 10, it is a well written start of a downfall book. My favorite series is Ascendance of a Bookworm

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: A good locker room and everyone roles are equally valued *except goalie. 

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Rayquaza because its cool.

What video games do you play?: League of Legends

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: No clue I dont know dog breeds that well.

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]

Player Name: Nathangus McExplosion
Position: Winger
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate!
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Angus McFife XVIII
First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username: micool132

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): For Discord too many, for SHL duties and stuff at least 10 a week.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: I like steamed hotdogs a lot, so boiling the dog and steaming the bread up top.

What made you join the SHL?: ITs been almost 10 years but I think it was a post on reddit by Ace, and I was playing a ton of Eastside hockey manager solo and figured the SHL was a nice concept.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Probably in the 70's to grow up with all the rock metal scene of the time.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I think I could talk about the Montreal canadiens to an initiate and make it interesting for at least 30 minutes

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Im yelling timber, you better move, you better dance.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I wear it with Pride.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Playing video games, I need to diversify i think.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Maybe not the best but Le Petit Sauvage from Alexandre Jardin was a school read and it kind of reach into me about keeping that inner child growing up, I think I became a different person as I matured but kept my core values and stayed true to myself doing it, which is what I think the book was talking about.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The locker room, the people you talk to every day. Winning the cup.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Mr. Mime because of its toes.

What video games do you play?: PAth of Exile, Idle games, Rocket League, almost all games like stellaris and crusader kings and city builders.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: A golden retriever because they are so kind and lovable and funny.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Player Name: Mark “The Tater Tot” Jagerson
Position: C
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Makrus “The Tater” Jager
First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username: taterswc

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 3-6

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Gotta grill them bad boys

What made you join the SHL?: My buddy said lets check this out

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:2008 me would have gone hard into bitcoin. Or kept track of the ones I had until they were actually worth something.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I know an unhealthy amount about game of thrones. Who knew it was going to end up being a dud after being the most talked about show for years.

Waffles or pancakes?: waffles all day

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:scientifically yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Hell ya ill sign it too.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: I recently started sorting my magic cards. I have regrets

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): I will say Invincible. That comic run was fantastic and it kept me in it till the end.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: social locker room. Why else are we here. I can watch pixels shoot pucks anywhere. We are here for the people. And to shoot digital pucks.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:Growlith, because he is a good boy and Arcanine is a beast.

What video games do you play?: League….too much league. Some WOW. I get lost in games like BG3 every now and then. Xcom

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: maybe like a saint Bernard. Something that is big but also likes to lay around because im not running unless I have too. Also I think im a lap dog when I am most certainly not.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Player Name: Savva Kirik
Position: RD
Recreate :
Who was your last player?: Knox Booth
Full Discord Username: tate8493

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):

Depends on the week, but I'm finally back at a point in my life where I can be active, so I am excited to return.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?:

On a grill, BBQ.

What made you join the SHL?:

Storytelling & hockey are too good of a combo to pass up.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:

If I could do it without being harmed, I'd go see a T-Rex.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:

Storytelling.

Waffles or pancakes?:

Waffles but it is only by a slight margin.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:

Yes.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:

I wear it with pride.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:

I enjoy gaming, been playing Starfield a bit and Spider Man 2.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):

Same answer as best movie, too hard to pick one. But I would recommend the Life of Pie, it's a great book, and has an excellent ending.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:

Just that, fun... and winning doesn't hurt either Wink

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:

Can't catch them all, but whichever one catches me.

What video games do you play?:

I like a lot of RPGs, and stat based gm games like EHM and FHM.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:

This is hard to answer because I've never thought about it until this very moment but I think I would be some kind of big... somewhat helpful dog, like a Saint Bernard probably. lol.

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 09:17 AM by ArmTheSharks. Edited 2 times in total.)

Player Name: Tank Sharksy
Position: C
Recreate or First Gen?: RC
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Miroslav Ketil
First-Gens: How did you find the site? n/a
Full Discord Username: armthesharks

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 15+ usually, but they are almost exclusively between the hours of 6 PM CST and 9 am CST. Overnight gang gang.

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: There are more than one way? Maybe those spinny machines I see at Sam's or gas stations I guess.

What made you join the SHL?: the voices

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Look, my real answer to this question is super depressing and I will cry so uhhhh to the first time I saw Speed Racer (2008) in theaters because it the best movie of all time. Humanity peaked that day.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Destiny 2 Lore or Why Linkin Park is the single most influential musical group of the last 25 years.

Waffles or pancakes?: PANCAKES ARE FLUFFIER so them

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: it says, and I quote, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" end quote

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: LETS FUCKIN GO BABY PUT TANK SHARKY'S FACE ON IT TOO WE ARE PRIDE JERSEY APPROVED THE GIRLS THE GAYS AND SHARKSY LFG but fr yeah i fuck with them

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: EDH format in Magic the Gathering, a soulless husk of a game called Escape from Tarkov, Dynasty fantasy football and film study, and revisiting The Division 2! (We need a 3rd and 4th for both an EDH Pod on XMage and TD2 please god someone help me)

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): The best book I have ever read? That is hard to come up with off the top of my dome, but my favorite book club book I read in 2023 was The 7 and a Half Deaths of Elizabeth Hardcastle! It's a really cool murder mystery with a slight time travel twist, and an unexpected (and something some would call a vague cop-out) ending. I rated it an 8 out of 10, I recommend it!

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Active LR is more important than anything, but I also really do care about my player's stats a little ha.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Ha, silly J HO. This is MY question from when I was a GM >Smile The only correct answer is Absol, because it's cool and can sense disaster and is just misunderstood like me. I am emo Sharksy.

What video games do you play?: Tarkov (Hell), The Division 2, Madden (Hell 2), Teamfight Tactics and ARAM-Only League of Legends, and various sports sim games such as OOTP, FM21/22/23/maybe 24, Pokemon Scarlet and any other fanmade Pokemon RPGs really.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Husky because I am thicc and they have thick coats idk I just like them and have one stop asking me why questions this is not fair

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

Player Name: James Howlett
Position: Center
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? NaomiMannequeen has been a friend of mine for years now, and she recommended it to me.
Full Discord Username: Schocar

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): It fluctuates, but about 5 hours a day (35 a week)

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Baking it

What made you join the SHL?: I'm getting more into hockey, so having a group with that shared interest seemed like a smart idea. Plus, I had a fun character concept I wanted to roleplay out.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Don't make the history major choose! I'd say antiquity though, probably specifically Greece, just because there are so many stories that our records of are incomplete and I'd like to hear the entirety of them!

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I've done this accidentally before. Warhammer 40k lore.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Objectively, yes. Did the sound matter if nobody could hear it though?

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Deck my entire uniform out in Pan colors! Pink, Blue, and Yellow all the way!

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Warhammer in all of its varieties has held a grip on me for a bit now. I also do a lot of tabletop RPGs and play video games of all varieties though.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): This answer would change on my mood, the day of the week, etc. But probably Redwall, the titular first book of its series. It's an engaging fantasy world populated by animals, and the characters within the world land across the spectrum of funny and charming to heroic and tragic. There's a reason I read so many of those books, and it was because of this first one! 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Your fellow players. We aren't physically playing the games ourselves, so a lot of the experience comes from those people.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Oshawott...'s entire line! Pokémon Black was my first mainline game, and the otter stuck with me until the end. I can never choose between the three evolutions though...

What video games do you play?: A lot. I end up leaning towards more RPG-like experiences, think your Fire Emblems, Personas, even the Yakuza franchise I'd say. Otherwise, though, shooters like Titanfall 2 or Darktide, where there's something beyond just shooting another person with a gun, are what I tend to play with friends.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I have been assigned a Samoyed by people more knowledgeable in these things than I am (furries).

I see a lot of fart and cough and going on this thread. But I don't see anyone talking about wanting to be great. Alright, I hate losing more than I like winning can. I've been training with it all off-season and state and up and miscarizing and mystery Alaska.
Scoring score in all the goals open playing in the Saturday game for years now. Put me in coach um ready

Player Name: The Cod Father
Position: Winger
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
    Who was your last player?: Patches The III
Full Discord Username: bignewff
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): yeah
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: boiling
What made you join the SHL?: meeting new people
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: 2011 to see the bruins win a cup again
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: SMJHL GMing with fluw
Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: did you hear a sound?
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: done
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: playing games, 
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): uhhhhhhhh
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: People
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Ganger
What video games do you play?: Fifa, League of Legends
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Boston Terrier 

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

Player Name: Simon Wymann
Position: Defense
First-Gens: How did you find the site?: Heard about it before and finally decided to sign up
Full Discord Username: frogmin1983

probably like an hour a day, plus a few more on the weekends

boil it

I thought it looked neat and making a player and having a career would be fun

I think I would go back in time to Rome and be a cool roman and fight people. I think I would be very good at it

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
I'm not sure I could give a 30 minutes lecture. I'd be too scared, I can't even imagine everyone being naked...

Waffles or pancakes?:
Waffles

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:

Being on a Winning team.

I am partial to Siesmitoad, big fan of frogs and I like his dopey face.

mostly singleplayer stuff. I don't have great internet connection and no real FPS skills

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
I think i would be a bulldog. I have that kinda fight in me. I would wear a spikey collar and bark at people.

Code:
Player Name: Chopper Donquixote
Position: Center
     Recreates: Who was your last player?: X
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? - Heard about it from the ISFL (Gen chat and other users)
Full Discord Username: johnson636

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)

Code:

Code:
Around 10
On the grill long ways so you get the grill marks on it. (They are very satisfying)
I enjoy hockey and wanted to check out a new sim league and this seemed pretty easy in comparison to the ISFL since the portal is really nice.
1920s I feel like partying during the prohibition era would be amazing and I'd sneak into some wild parties.
The Lore of One Piece
Waffles or pancakes?:
If im drunk waffles if not pancakes with chocolate chips
yes, birds can fly into the air and get scared so therefore there is some proof that it fell
Yeah sure, love my homies on no matter who they love
Sim Leagues kek and F Zero 99 on the switch
READY PLAYER ONE holy hell this book is by fa my favorite piece of work I've read. If you wanna get an idea on what realistic dystopian America could be like then check out this.
Active community and player engagement
Frosslass, love the pokemon as it was in the first pokemon ranger video game I ever played and ice types are a favorite of mine
Everything on switch sadly dont play much as I am occupied with school.
If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
Goldendoodle, loyal and semi basic with a smarter side