Create Account

HIRED: SMJHL Awards Committee Members (1-2)
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 01:28 PM by kahri. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hello Friends!!
Unfortunately, @fubaguy and @mer  has let us know it would be their last season as an Awards Committee Member. We thank them for the time they have spent and wish them the best of luck always.
With that, we are looking for at least 1 (maybe 2) new user to join the SMJHL Awards Committee. With the awards being a unique and critical part of the league and its retention, we are looking for individuals who are both excited and dedicated to creating the awards committee into something exciting and positive within the league.

Job Description:
The duties of an SMJHL Awards Committee member include keeping up to date with stats in the J's, participating in discussions leading up to voting, submitting their ballots before a certain deadline, and providing some justifications on their ballots for certain awards. As well as increased transparency from each member regarding nominations and voting. For those who are new in the league, it's a good way to keep up with what's happening in the league and to learn who the users you might share a locker room with someday.

Specifically, we're expecting members to
  • Follow the SMJHL season across the index, applicable media, and advanced statistics and models generated by @sve7en
  • Submit a watchlist by a timepoint during the season
  • Engage in discussion about the 7 regular season committee nominated awards and
  • Submit a ranked choice ballot for those 7, and the additional 3 voted awards nominated by other parties (Harrak - GMotY, Miller - Dedicated, and Cross - Underrated)
Payment:
The pay is $2.5M per season, and can also come with a scaling bonus of $500k to $2.5m for participation for those members who go above and beyond in those discussions and justifications.

How to apply:
Please DM either head of the department @kahri (_kahri_) or @sve7en (sve7en) through Discord  or here through the forums. We can both be found in the main SHL discord.

We encourage applicants to answer some or all of these questions as they see fit:
Why would you want to become part of the SMJHL Awards Committee?
As an awards committee member, you will have to approach nominations and voting without biases. How would you ensure that you stay impartial when discussing or voting on awards?
If you could change anything about how the awards are handled, what would it be and why?
What award do you think could be done better, if any?
What can you bring to better the awards committee?

Applications close Wednesday 2/14 at 11:59 pm pst. Best of luck to everyone and wiggle away!!!!!

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Applied

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

last day to apply! bump! 

(besides u troy)

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Applo-

Oh damn.

Oh damnnn

OHHH DAMNNN

can I resubmit my application including "also i am not troy"

[Image: Skree.gif]

I sat on this way too long and missed the deadline. Maybe next time.

02-15-2024, 10:28 AMChevy Wrote: I sat on this way too long and missed the deadline.  Maybe next time.

I bet you can apply still

Huge thank you to everyone who applied!! I am very excited to welcome @ec06aaj and @JohnFranklinKennedy to the team!!!!  

insert whip emoji…NOW GET TO WORK

@JamesT you’re welcome

02-15-2024, 12:49 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I bet you can apply still

You were saying Tongue

02-16-2024, 12:13 PMChevy Wrote: You were saying Tongue

You had 40 minutes left to apply!