Create Account

The Quintuplets turn five (minus one) - Ask Us Anything!

02-16-2024, 03:49 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Y'all didn't turn Julio into a burger did you?
a hotdog

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

How has it felt to see things change over time from when you started to now?

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

02-17-2024, 03:59 PMReno Wrote: How has it felt to see things change over time from when you started to now?

The league has grown a lot - in many different ways. In general processes have improved to make it easier for newer users to learn how everything works and also for existing users to make the league more enjoyable. We have lost some league jobs, but we have lots of new jobs that didn't exist back then. What was more difficult is to have one player exist through all these different 'eras'. When we started it was still STHS with 50 games a season, then it became FHM and then another version of FHM and now we have 66 games. If you're trying to compare your career to other players' careers before and after it's nearly impossible. The others can probably describe it better how it was from a GM's perspective, because a lot of things have changed there too.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

02-17-2024, 03:22 PMhotdog Wrote: a hotdog

hotdog admits to being a multi ?!?!?!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

02-16-2024, 03:46 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: To all,

Favorite season in the league you've been a part of?

If you got to design your dream branding and location what would it be?

Whats the hardest thing you've ever had to do on the site?

Season: probably 53 because that was the season New England's contention window was opening and we were gaining traction

Brand: I haven't really dreamt of branding before. I'm not sure about city, but the brand might be honey badgers and names could include "badgers," "ferocious," "tenascious," "brash," really whatever sounds cool, works with the city, and isn't cringy

Hardest: probably auditing, it was tough to scour an entire update thread while keeping track of when rules changed and basically mock updating the player every week they've updated and keep up motivation to get it done in a timely manner

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

02-16-2024, 03:49 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Y'all didn't turn Julio into a burger did you?

don't look too closely at the next burger you eat...

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats

Never forget

02-17-2024, 03:59 PMReno Wrote: How has it felt to see things change over time from when you started to now?

It always feels a little weird, like things are rushing sometimes, but looking back the events seem appropriate and not out of the ordinary. Just makes you think about how history never feels like it's being made in the present until awhile after when you reflect on things

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats

Never forget

02-19-2024, 11:17 AMbbjygm Wrote: don't look too closely at the next burger you eat...

kinda messed up to feed him to unknowing people!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

02-16-2024, 03:46 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: If you got to design your dream branding and location what would it be?

I would probably do something like the Atlanta Inferno and our logo would feature fire colors and a central phoenix, something like this maybe  Inferno

thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

As in every domain, reflecting on the passage of time fills me with a deep sadness. But I do think it's cool to have observed our personal journeys and the ways in which stamps on the league have stuck around long term - from the four of us in particular. e.g., things that I implemented as PT director, the existence of atlanta, carpy's legacy with their first player and running graphics, corey's tenures as commish and chi GM and whatever other useless bullshit he's done, bbjygm's introduction of the pt tracking bot and his revolution of the SHL fantasy system - each of the four of us has had significant influences on the league that persist to this day and it's cool to look back on that contextualized within the fact that we all signed up on the same day!

Armada Inferno norway

Edited the original post. Ready for grading now.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

help. they tried to turn me into a beef hotdog. am writing from the broom closet in the slaughterhouse. send help.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History