Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

Oh I see we want to spill our training secrets. Well, truth be told, skate training is a little bit unorthodox. It involves a buddy with a car and rope to tether my player to the car. We get out on the ice and accelerate the car, and it’s either keep up or get dragged across the lake. We practice sprints this way, get up to about 25 miles per hour, but do a lot of intervals of different speed. This has worked so far for my player keeping his legs energized for games. It’s done well for his stamina too. The biggest drawback is the exhaust from the car. Breathing that in when you are huffing and puffing cannot be too great. Maybe opting for an electric vehicle will be the way to go. I mean, this is just the way my player goes about his skate training, whatever works for others is good too I am sure. It's just that my player likes to live on the wild side and flirt with danger. Fortune favors the bold.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

fter last weeks supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr, Slurpe was visually shaken up and distraught, along with his team mates. Then, the next day at practice, Slurpe gets a sudden urge to want to switch positions and become a goalie. He tells his coach this and his coach laughs him to the side and thinks Slurpe is just making a simple joke, however that is not the case. Slurpe is seriously changing positions based on the recent events that have been happening, and is extremely confused how and why his body is preforming goalie moves at practice today. To his own disbelief and his team mates, Slurpe also has a pair of goalies pads in his locker when he takes a break during practice. Slurpe starts to think that this is major joke being planned on him by the Raptors goalies, but he is truly unsure what to believe. Nonetheless, Slurpe comes to his senses and realizes his skills are at center and not as a goalie.

Slurpe is hoping that another ghost of hockey's past will not return to his dreams as it has been happening for the past few weeks.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Option 2

[Image: dqwaf5z.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Option 2 Lily never skips leg day    

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Option 2:

It's simple: the best way to practice something is to do that thing again and again. If you want to develop a good slapshot, you take slapshots, you don't start hitting trees with your stick to learn how to brace for recoil or other kooky training techniques. So when Simo wants to improve his skating, he skates. During the offseason, after going back home to Finland, Simo took his skates and his car on a road trip up north to find a good river - something frozen over and frozen hard - and got to skating. Between having the stamina of a long-distance runner and legs the same size as the average tree stump, it's fair to say the world of cross-country skiing lost a star when Simo dedicated himself to hockey, but the proof has been in the pudding of his playing time; when you can lay out an opponent in front of your goaltender, launch a pass up ice and chase the play quick enough to screen the other goalie, then catch up with an opposing breakaway in a single shift, you can suggest his methods don't work.

[Image: Skree.gif]

Leg day? Who needs leg day? I'm a goalie! Leg day is actually Justin Time's favorite practice day, because he can take a break from having wrenches thrown at him by the training staff and crack open a cold one to watch the skaters do bag skates for an hour. On particularly rough practices, he's been known to bring out a folding lawn chair on the ice to lounge in, drink in hand, to chirp the players as they go by. Recently though, he's learned that this may not be very well received by the rest of his teammates, and has had to wear his catching glove in addition to his usual leg day uniform of shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and sunglasses, because the defensemen began taking slapshots at him while waiting in line for the start of their next drill. If the forwards join in, he may need to scrap the plan altogether.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Rip thunderdome is well known for his big sexy muscular legs. Around the league he is known to have one of nicest set of tree trunks shooting down from his torso. In order to get such amazing physique, rip thunderdome undergoes a rigid and intense training regiment that consists of miles and miles of travel over the american/canadian border smuggling maple syrup out of the great north and back to the hardworking people in new england who are feeling the effects of inflation on their maple syrup purchases. This has become a huge problem in the region as nobody can afford to make their pancakes even more yummy anymore. To remedy this, rip td crosses the border by foot while carrying as many pounds of maple syrup as possible. This manual transportation of heavy goods makes rip td have extremely powerful legs with high levels of endurance as well.

150 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The sad thing about skating and leg workout training is that so much of that happens during someones youth. There is only a limited amount of impact you can have by practicing those things later in life, which is quite depressing. Sure, in every sport a lot of the athletic foundations are picked up when people are growing up and learning the sport in the first place, but nowhere is it quite as pronounced as with Skating. You need to get the technical fundamentals of it ingrained in yourself early on, because it is so different from the "normal" running that most other team sports are based on. But of course there are still things you can do later in life. Sadly, bag skates are a very efficient way to work on the pure strength and athleticism aspects of your skating. It's a grind, but a necessary one, you only really improve in that area by solely focusing on the physical aspect of it, so for much of it you can just toos your stick away.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Option 2:

My player skates backwards to work out his legs. He ends up having knee pain and in order to try to fix that over the season he will skate backward. He also adds weights to his legs so when he takes them off he can be faster on the ice. Regularly seeing how much weight can be added until I can not skate anymore. I also hit legs in the gym every week with explosive choices. Squatting and jumping to try to make my legs stronger. Doing everything I can to be faster, because knowing if I am faster than everyone then I can do things that other players will not be able to do. He is known for his speed on the ice and whenever a defender knows he is on the rink everyone has to pay attention or he will go right by you and end up scoring or setting up one for someone else. Also being able to switch from defending to attacking.

[Image: dc24.png]

[Image: fHhlQ7b.png]

RETIRED

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

As a penguin, Adelie doesn't actually have to do too much leg training! Most of his movements in the rink is all about sliding around on his tummy and hitting people full speed, so he doesn't spend a ton of time on his feet! That said he still does train even for that. He goes back home to the Arctic and he finds these really massive snowbanks. He climbs up them which requires a ton of walking and leg training as it is, but then he slides back down to train that aspect of his game as well. With his short legs he will never actually be too fast, but he manages to keep up and compete well enough even though the humans in the league have much longer leg spans. Much of this is attributed to the training that he spends in the ice and the snow and the cold. Who knew being a penguin could be advantageous?

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

My player trains skating by robbing liquor stores and use inline skates to get away from the badges. When there is no good liquor stores around, he goes and steals drugs from the guys on the corner and do the same thing. Guy has got to get his fix somewhere. Might as well train skating while doing it? When I am on the ice I just rain by doing some easy drills with the rest of the team. I don't skate that much during the game, so I do not really have to practice a lot. I am a lazy hockey player that will just wait to get the puck and blast it at the net. Coach tells me to not put too much effort into it either as I will just skate in the way of other people. Nobody wants that and it does not benefit the team at all.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Option 2

Slowpoke had to have someone explain to him what training was when asked about this prompt. Slowpoke is naturally gifted or more likely a little bit naturally lucky. Have you ever seen a fast Slowpoke? A buff Slowpoke? No, that's simply not a thing. Slowpoke wakes up, eats, plays some hockey, and then goes to sleep. That's his lifestyle and it seems to be working out pretty well for him at the moment. When team training and workouts happen Slowpoke will always show up and put in the work but he views those as mandatory team building exercises. And not the exercise that helps grow muscles or build cardio. It was a known shortcoming with Slowpoke and probably a reason he dropped outside of the top ten. So far it hasn't caused an issue at the SMJHL level as Slowpoke has been a great contributor to the Beserkers but the media has already lambasted the Buffalo Stampede front office with claims of a lazy work ethic that won't translate well to the big leagues. Only time will tell and for the time-being Slowpoke will continue to be, well, a Slowpoke.

190 Word

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: 1XJwA8p.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]