Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

Furious Chicken obviously does some cross-training for ice hockey, but most of this is more for the athletic side of ice hockey, and not really the stick side. One of the sports he sometimes does is some ice skating, which is pretty obviously a big part of ice hockey, of course the way to do it for speed, against the more normal ice hockey skating is quite a bit different. Going further he does sometimes like to do a bit of soccer mainly for enjoyment, but he likes to think it will help with his endurance in the long-term. Obviously there are better sports for this but hey, why not. And on top of these he like to always do a bit of field hockey, mainly as a back-up option for if this ice hockey doesn’t work out at all, you would hope that after 6 seasons Chicken would start knowing that it has kinda worked out, but hey chickens are still birds.

163 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Quote:Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

Spack Jarrow doesn't have much time to train specifically for hockey between his career in the SHL and SSL and his other interests. With his dream of being a professional basketball player dead, he has spent that portion of the offseason towards rock climbing. This became a passion of Jarrow's after watching Cliff Hanger and seeing Sylvester Stallone dominate the mountain and John Lithgow in short order. Jarrow has found that the climbing is a great exercise for grip strength as well as flexibility. Jarrow dreams of hitting K2 in one of the off-seasons but hasn't found a team sanctioned way of doing it yet. He has been specifically training for the adventure by taking on some unique exercises after seeing Rocky IV. He can often be found in the outbacks lifting logs and pulling carriages in the snow to improve his endurance. Spack's watching Demolition Man next in his Stallone watch-athon so lord knows what he'll end up doing after being influenced by that movie.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

I do not try to cross train too much but it happens, especially if we are short some people in practice. I try to stick only to defense since I am not very good at that even but it never hurts to have some training time at forward as well. It helps you see what the people you will be defending will be thinking and what you could possibly do to counter what their plan is. As far as doing other sports, not really, at least not for competition and would only be for recreation occasionally. I enjoy watching them and playing around like shooting some hoops or throwing the ball around. Love playing a couple round of golf here and there but it's simply to relax and unwind while doing so. The season takes up so much of the year for me it's really difficult to really get out there and do anything else when I have a lot of other stuff happening in my life all the time too that needs to be addressed and taken care of.

180 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Option 2

[Image: c0rC1CO.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

And because of that sometimes I'll Pat my dog in the middle of the night when you don't know what you're doing, you never know how to do it, you know what I mean, I don't know why it deleted some of what I already put in it's kind of f***** Up, but anyways, I was talking about lucid dreams. So voice to text really doesn't do what it used to and now it's starting to cut up. I feel like I'm being watched by the n S.A. And the CIA. Like all I want to do is pet the puppy. Ask who's a good boy? See where San Francisco is these days. If I could still pick up the Golden Gate ridge like a Magneto but of course, voice to text just takes away.
I think you said something else as well. No, buddy, I said all of it. It's just really dumb. It upsets me. It hurts my soul. It takes my word count down. And you know your voice supposed to be the greatest ever so I need that big word count.Cause I don't play word play.I just do word dit really needs to keep up.I shouldn't have to wait 17 years, if I do.Then that's 17 beers.It's not o k someone needs to talk to google telling them to shut the hell up

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

To be a good player in the shl or in any hockey league in general, one needs to be an excellent skater to be able to keep up with the pace of play. Often the biggest difference between a good minors/juniors player and a pro are the skating skills. In order to improve his skating skills, rip thunderdome trains by practicing walking on a tight rope across an old quarry. The quarry is filled with water now and acts as a fun recreational space with water slides, rope swings, ziplines, and other attractions. One of the attractions is a long tightrope that people can try and make it across. Rip thunderdome has been practicing this skill for years in order to improve his balance so he can stay on his skates better. After years of practice, rip thunderdome is now able to sprint across the tightrope at full speed, a truly impressive feat

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Prompt 2: When Lias isn't playing hockey or doing hockey workouts, he does dabble in other sports, although he isn't very good at most of them. Like a lot of hockey players, he enjoys some golf but that doesn't do much for him in the way of "training" and he also can't do it without remembering how he and Conner got banned from that golf course in Sweden and Finland that one time. One thing that he really does enjoy though is swimming. It's good cardio and it also helps him keep muscles strong and all that, and there's something very nice about just leaving everything else and just being in the water, surrounded by water, listening to whatever music he's got on his underwater headphones. It's very relaxing and also a good workout, so he relies on that when he isn't doing any high impact training instead. He has had an indoor pool added at his house in Winnipeg for this reason (it's very cold in Winnipeg a lot of the time, an outdoor pool wouldn't get that much use).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

PT pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Sports, and specifically sports training, has come an incredibly long way from where things originally started. Back in the day, guys didn't even lift weights and probably never bothered to go for a jog if they could avoid it. Now guys are doing altitude training or spending half their time in the hyperbaric time chamber in order to get ready for game day. For Jon St. Ark, the position of goalie is so different from the rest of hockey that its important he trains using some other methods to keep his skills sharp. One of the sports that he enjoys playing the most is actually tennis. Running across the court is a great way to build up lower leg strength, while also requiring an extreme amount of body control in order to have crisp reaction times when sitting in net. Plus being able to enjoy the game outside instead of a dark arena is a nice bonus as well. And the outfits are pretty snazzy.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Written Task, Option 2

Roddy, like his father, cross-trains playing Forward ad Defense as a professional hockey player. Spending some time patrolling the blue line and becoming more familiar with the responsibilities of a defender helps him to not only play more effectively when he drops back to cover during the run of play, but also helps him think the game in another dimension, anticipating better how both his own, and his opponent's defenders are going to react in a given situation. Also, playing defense for a few games in the offseason helps him keep his cardio high, and keep his skating legs fresh.

As far as other sports go, Roddy enjoys running, and spends a great deal of his offseason in his family home in Vancouver, jogging along the seawall. He also hikes and spends a great deal of time surfing. Also, at his father's insistence, the two of them compete in a semi-pro summer beach volleyball doubles tournament.

[Image: banes.png]

Sonja Solberg (@Tsunny) easily torching Juan in soccer.

[Image: yQkqPUN.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Option 2

Dag-Otto does a little bit of everything when it comes to his training and exercise plans. A sport that is very popular in Sweden, and that hockey teams usually play either as warmup or as condition training, is soccer. And it's no different for Dag-Otto. Soccer was in fact a sport that he played at the same time as hockey when he was younger. So he's always had a little talent for kicking the ball around.

He's introduced it into his SHL regime as well. Grabbing a couple teammates every now and then to play a game between the sidelines on the local soccer field. Or just kicking the ball around as a warmup, getting eye and body control going before stepping on the ice. His favorite being a game of "Keep ups" as they call it. Where the players form a circle and hit the ball to each other, without using their hands, and more importantly making sure the ball never hits the ground.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I might not exactly get that due to a language barrier but fuck it
so kaarlo koivunen does cross train he tries to improve his forward side as well and not just go defence he also likes to play pesäpallo (a sport where basically its baseball but instead of throwing the ball forward you throw it up search it up for more information) when in finland with his friends and also use it to improve his hand eye cordination with that bat hitting and just catching the ball and stuff he also likes to play some football (Soccer) because its just nice to play a lot of sports with friends specially it since you can basically play it anywhere you just need a ball and a goal so overall kaarlo koivunen likes to play a bit of other friends not to improve his hockey really but have a great time and stuff you should try that.

[Image: cVahF90.png]

Supah is known to enjoy playing goalie, it's why he gets so many blocks, it is his way of being the second goalie on the ice but while off the ice he'll throw on the pads and be the actual goalie on the ice. He's not very good as many people find him rather over aggressive as he likes to go for the flying poke check very often. He'd show up to any sort of hockey he could find, rollerblading, carpet, field, really anything where you hit something with a stick. Supah doesn't really know about any other sports that aren't in someway related to hockey, even soccer is very foreign and not something he's ever heard of. The only thing he's ever done not related to hockey was hacky sack in which he'd play with his QCC teammates but got himself uninvited after sending the bag flying every time he kicked it.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]