Create Account

S75 PT#5: Who you gonna call? Due: Sunday, March 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

*ring ring ring* Come on, pick up you money hungr- *phone pickup static* Oh heyy! I've been waiting for you to call me, but couldn't keep waiting, so decided to call you myself.
What? No.. This is not Mike's Pizzeria. Is that what you've got me saved as on your phone? What do you mean who? It's me!? Yeah, funny, now stop the act. No.. I'm not trying to sell you anything, well.. Actually, I do some have some old magazines that I could sel-
HEY! I called you to talk about my damn contract! IT'S OLOF! Yeaaah, there you go.
Listen man, I got a busy day today, so can you get your shitz together. What? No I didn't retire already. I'm in my PRIME! Listen, Luke's been hassling me about being a team player and what ever. Trying to get me to go league minimum on a two-way contract and..
Are you listening? This is still Olof, no a pizza joint, man, can you change my name on your damn phone. You know what, I gotta now, catch you later big man.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Inge Baardsen didn’t really have any need for an agent when he was still in his native Tromsø, Norway. He was playing strictly amateur hockey, no endorsements to think about etc. He first thought that it could be something that would be useful when he was in North America, training ahead of the SMJHL Draft. Baardsen is not a player who is out looking to make incredible amounts of money, he just wants to play in the best hockey league in the world and hopefully win some trophies!  He had to find an agent that was onboard with that. Too many agents, Inge felt, were motivated by negotiating the biggest deal they could for their player. Generally, the agent will get a percentage of the money as an agents fee, so it’s in their interest to really drive up the money during negotiations. Inge needed someone on his wavelength and thought about someone he knew back in Norway, a friend who had always been incredible with maths and statistics and understanding situations. Long story short, he jacked in his accounting degree and moved to be Inge Baardsen’s agent!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Ho Lee Smokes does not have an agent. And although an agent is generally a good person to have in your corner as you negotiate new contracts each season, they become pretty highly irrelevant when you have so much capital tied to one franchise. Due to my relationship with Chicago, it would be a conflict to have an agent and be negotiating separately with myself for a new deal. There’s nothing worse than having a third party out looking for the best interest (and collecting a commission) of the same person on both sides of the negotiation table. In my case, I always want my contract to be in the best interest of myself (the player) and myself (the GM). Doing anything else would be irresponsible and unfair to my colleagues and teammates. All an agent would create for me in this situation is another bill to pay and someone to trim off the top of an already team friendly, and therefore lower dollar, contract.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Option 1:

Jussi Mutou is no stranger to the supernatural. Whether it’s monsters, beasts, dragons, or ghosts. The young wing prospect for the Montreal Patriotes would simply befriend the ghosts. Jussi Mutou would do his best to make the space comfortable for ghosts. If that means installing creaky doors, lowering the temperature, and installing a creepy cellar, so be it.

Jussi knows better than to try and remove spirits once they are inhabiting your home. It’s just gonna piss them off. He’s seen all the Paranormal Activity movies so he knows how to deal with it. Maybe, all they needed was a little hug.

Jussi would even go as far as it install an entire new penthouse suite for the ghosts inhabiting his home. That’s the level of care he puts towards those living in his home. The only downside is that poor, young Trent Wiseman would likely be traumatized by all the rogue spirits roaming around the house.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

I do not have a player agent because I am a greedy son of a B and I do not want to pay anyone for anything if I can help it. I also have no issues going to management about my concerns so I do not really need anyone in that regard either to speak for me. As far as contract negotiations I will just get the most I can and simply not play if I do not get what I want, so in the end I do not really need them there either. The greed helps me make sure my nice houses and things keep a coming and that I can afford to retire early and enjoy my life without the fear of (too much) CTE or other ailments from playing prolonged careers. Remember to always advocate for yourselves and do not let management kick you around. They need you way more then you need them. Maybe one day I will get an agent if the absolute perfect one comes along, but it hasn't happened yet.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Option 2

As a junior hockey player, the decision not to sign with an agent might seem counterintuitive to some, but it makes perfect sense for me at this stage of my career. While agents can provide valuable support and guidance, especially in negotiating contracts and endorsements, there are several reasons why I've chosen to hold off on signing with one for now.

First and foremost, I'm still in the early stages of my hockey journey. At this point, my focus is on honing my skills, developing as a player, and proving myself on the ice. While agents can offer assistance with off-ice matters, I believe my primary focus should be on my performance and growth within the sport.

Second, by not signing with an agent, I have the opportunity to learn more about the business side of hockey firsthand. Managing my own affairs allows me to gain valuable experience in negotiations, networking, and understanding the industry landscape. These skills will undoubtedly benefit me in the long run, regardless of whether I eventually choose to work with an agent or not.

Third, as a junior player, I am still navigating the complexities of eligibility rules, amateur status, and potential future opportunities outside of hockey. Without the commitments of an agent, I have the flexibility to explore all my options and make informed decisions that align with my long-term goals.

In essence, while signing with an agent may be the right choice for some players, for me, it's about timing and prioritizing my development as a player and understanding the business of hockey before diving into formal representation.

[Image: bkHmhM8.png]

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2024, 11:02 AM by Omij. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2

Noah Smith does not have an agent due to a couple of reasons. The first being that he's a junior, and being a junior you don't really have a need for an agent as much as you'd think. See Noah isn't in it for the money, he's just here to have a good time. While it may be a flawed mindset for any other player, that's not the case for this weird enigma.

The second reason being that there's been no agent who could understand him. On the ice, it's not much of a problem, but during negotiations, it's often difficult to even know what's going on inside his brain. It's not an uncommon sight to see a capybara sitting in an office chair for 2-3 hours, but that's just one of the hurdles Noah has to face in his career.

- Omij
Carolina Kraken SMJHL
Tampa Bay Barracudas SHL
[Image: noahsmith.png?ex=66023ae9&is=65efc5e9&hm...3b9413da8&]

Option 2

Mia Lavoie's agent has been at her side for a long time now. While their relationship started out as a little more stiff and professional as Mia put in the work to make it the pros, they've since become pretty tight friends. Her agent's got her best interests at heart, and she'll do whatever she can to make Mia's career a success in a place she enjoys. She recently supported negotiations between Mia and the Minnesota Monarchs on the signing of a two year "see how things go" extension. At the end of that two years, her agent will come in prepared with a number of options to set Mia up for success, whether that means re-signing with Minnesota or exploring alternatives in collaboration with Edouard Lavoie's agent to see if there's any chance they can continue to play on a line together in the big leagues. In the meantime, Mia's agent will continue to be there for whatever questions or concerns come up at the drop of a hat.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

In the event that Austin Morley's house is truly haunted, I don't think he would do very much differently. His normal day to day routine would remain the same, although he might ask the ghosts nicely to let him sleep peacefully at night as he does not think that there is any reason that they can not all live together harmoniously. I think that there is even a possibility that while cohabiting, that maybe Morley would try to capitalize on the situation a little and start V-blogging or maybe even trying to produce his own television show called Morley and the Ghosts. The show would essentially just be about the daily life of Austin Morley and maybe chronicle the adventures that Morley and the Ghosts go on from time to time, whether it be just a mundane trip to the grocery store or a wild adventure to the local theme park. (156 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Adam Liebold is his own agent so there is no need to pay someone else. He plans to be with the Baltimore Platoon when he retires and then would like to become the coach or Co-GM after he finally has to retire when he can no longer skate. But he plans for theat to be a long time from now. Adam's prioriety right now is to get stronger and play better. No need to sugar coat it they want to win the cup so do to that he needs to buckle down and play hardnose hockey. As for future deals his contract doesn't matter and all he wants is to play as long as he can to win with the Baltimore platoon. He will take whatever is offered weather that is a long contract or a short one. He is looking out for what is best for the team as a whole and wants to make sure that comes first.

Foil Up Boys

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:
Graphic Task: Create a graphic showing your player dealing with the ghosts.

[Image: zimOWuC.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

simmer PT pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

So, let me tell you about Launchpad McQuack, the goaalie extraoardinaire. This guy's got skidlls for days, seriously. You might think he's got it all together, right? Well, not quite. To reaally shine in the big leagues, you've gotta have a clear head, all the time. That's why every goalie needs their own trainer, and Launchpad's got a solida osns. His trainer's Gyro Gearloose, and they've been tight since day one of Launchpad's goalie journey. They met up in Duckburg before Launchpad hit the big leagues from the minor scene. Gyro's got connections all over the hockey world, setting Launchpad up with awesome summer training and killer advice for international tourneys after the Battle Board season. Gyro's tips? They're like magic on the ice, boosting Launchpad's game like crazy all season [font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]long.[/font]

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap