Create Account

S75 PT#5: Who you gonna call? Due: Sunday, March 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: FNwDa63.png]
Graphic option 2

[Image: fFccrkD.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 12:09 PM by KlusteR.)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Agent could be someone who has been with your player since the beginning, relative or a old friend, or maybe a professional who oversees the finances of 20 or so other SHL players (while siphoning money from them all to buy more cards). They might only be hired for the contract negotiations or they might be just a call away to help your player with any problem they can think of.

Who is your player’s agent and what they do (and have done) for your player? If your player doesn't have an agent tell us why they don't.

When Levin first made his way to North America and declared for the SMJHL draft, he was without an agent, as his parents were involved in the negotiations of the first contract he signed with the Québec City Citadelles. Since then, however, Levin has had to find someone to negotiate his contracts for him, as his parents didn't follow him, and were far from experts in sports contracts. He was lucky enough to find a compatriot that was operating out of St. Paul, MN - the ex-GM of the Minnesota Monarchs, Tanja Haller. She had to retire from the league due to health concerns, but she's been on the upswing for a couple of years now, and was able to negotiate Levin's entry-level contract with the San Francisco Pride, as well as his five year extension that kicked in during Season 72. As such, Levin is still under contract with the Californian team until the end of next season, and with the team on the upswing and a Western Conference final under their belt last season, Levin doesn't foresee himself moving any time soon, and wants to make sure Tanja makes it known to the Pride's head office as well.

(207 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Graj had an agent at the beginning of his career. However, once he got to Philadelphia and started making money from his contracts following his call up from Kelowna, he decided that he didn't require the services of his agent anymore. This was because with each contract that Graj signed, he seemed to magically owe his agent an extra two percent in fees, which when considering the value of his contract was really starting to hurt his paychecks. Philadelphia's management had always come to him first and he'd had to call his manager in to finalize everything anyway, so Graj chose to just speak directly with the team about his situation. He knew that he wanted to retire a Forge and that if he was traded anywhere he'd be able to find a new agent very easily, and he knew that he would be ridiculed for being agentless, but he didn't care. It saved him a ton of money and kept him away from greed.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 2:
Graphic Task: Create a graphic showing your player meeting with their agent.

[Image: COPyRDM.jpeg]

For context, the story is that GM Takk is also Agent Takk.

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Prompt 2

Roger doesn't need an agent. What is there to negotiate? All Roger's had to do is sign on to a draft contract with Carolina, and then the auto-ELC with Manhattan. And then, yeah, he did sign on to a semi long term contract to take him through his juniors career but again, this is all boiler plate stuff. There's no negotiation needed. I mean shit, for a 2nd round pick that's just free money in the bank! Why give more money to an agent that's just gonna say "yeah sign what they offered."

It's not like Murdock needs any money either. You know how much pilots make in the summer? I don't know either, but its probably enough that the impact of somehow getting 6m vs. 6.2m in 10 seasons is completely irrelevant to him. The only factor that might require an agent is if, for some ungodly reason, Manhattan or Carolina make the decision to ban preworkout or block out the gym or even stop feeding players. But until that happens, no agent required.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 02:12 PM by bjkman.)

Uhhh... SHL Affiliate?

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

PBE AFFILIATE

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option 1 graphic    

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Option 1

Honestly, all these late night interruptions from hockey masters of past present and future have really been messing with my groove as the season went on. I was thankful for their guidance and their knowledge, but we all know that a good night's rest is the most important thing to get if you want to be a successful athlete. Your body needs the time to rest and relax and recuperate so you can continue to perform at the highest level day in and day out. Since there seems to be no sign of these late night visits stopping, it's time that I either sell the house and move or call some sort of ghost-bustering group to get in here and rid the house of these spirits once and for all. With my home free from unwanted and uninvited guests, I will be able to once again focus on hockey and help the New England Wolfpack bring home cups.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

PBE Affiliate - username is FTR

RIP Mac & 701

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 03:49 PM by ephenssta.)

Option 1:

I read a thing the other day saying young home owners are relieved to find out their house is haunted instead of in need of costly repairs. IStir MyPudding is not one of those homeowners, but he is not in a rush to move out either. This is, like so many other things, an opportunity to make a new pudding to shill. IStir loves nothing more than dreaming up and shilling new pudding formulas. He gets to work in the lab, starting with a chocolate base and adding in known ghost fighting items like magnesium and iron shavings and rings of salt around the lid. He lets it all simmer together before portioning it out and letting it cool. He'll feed a first couple batches to his poor friends he pays comically little to test his pudding. He gives them a call and they come right over. The reviews are...mixed. Everyone but one person hates it, but that one person REALLY likes it, so the reviews balance out. This is why you can't trust averages... It'll sell well enough and IStir calls his website guy to get this one up once the promotional photos come back.

Option 2

Meta Knight has no player agent, there is no need for one really. The league has an insanely tight cap structure for the most part and any player wanting to be paid more than the mandated minimum for their level of contribution as measured by the infamous TEPS system (Total Effort Points System System or something) is going to be hurting their own team greatly! Even a couple million on the side extra could mean my winger could go from being a fellow all-star caliber player to a full on rookie! Surely the SHLPA should be doing something about this so we can all get paid more the more we contribute, but unfortunately it seems like league ownership has our union head on the books and nothing is being done, oh well, the pains of getting to play a game as a job I guess. But without much room for negotiating, who needs an agent really!? Not me at least, just give me what the minimum is for 2 or 3 seasons and we will figure it out on the bench!