S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

Gm CW pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

ho pass

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

11.) This year is the first year that Czechia has it's very own WJC team. I predict at least this squad to pull a bronze medal out. They are young, but we filled pretty much the full roster, which is impressive. It is the first time I get to represent Czechia, not UCORCAL, but Czechia in the WJC. I am hopeful that I will have a solid defensive performance, I hope to be in the top 10 for blocks and takeaways. I don't care if I don't get a single point, I just want Czechia to do well. My expectations are high. I am concerned about all the other nations in the WJC, all the teams look really good, and the draft went really well for a lot of them. They have a lot of talent and I think it will come down to the GMs, but I think we will be able to do better than expected by the rest of the community. Czechia is Bestia.

12.) There are a ton of great players who sadly are not on Czechia, but if I could take anyone with me it would be my friend @CloudRobot Mac is a great all around player, could help our leadership in so many ways, and would be an asset to our squad. Also, taking him from USA would weaken them, which is a plus since they have a really good squad. If I could get somebody else it would be Reno. That way when I get fined Reno would take the fine instead, which is preferable to me. Also Reno is a great friend and could help us manage our team. Furthermore, he could sneak some piss ice in for motivation.

13.) Looks like ... not NEW? won the cup? That can't be right... holy crap we lost. LAP has a great team and they absolutely earned that win. Alexi Piastri scored 3 game winners in the playoffs which is damn impressive, and they just took it to NEW. Los Angeles scored at LEAST 4 goals in every final game, getting 6 in the first one. I guess it comes down to goaltending, as NEW outshot LAP in every game it seems, but they were just unable to get the goals. I don't see it as NEW lost more as I see it as LAP won, in which I mean LAP took advantage when they had the chances and NEW just couldn't do it.

14.) The Raptors are back in the finals, trying to win the first 4 star cup under the name of Raptors, as they won it once before as the Mammoths in the before times. They have their work cut out for them going up against the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Berserkers seem to be in the playoff conversation every season, winning about 50% of the time. The Raptors have been cursed ever since they refused to sign me, and that is the reason why they offered me an honorary one minute contract in the off season just to ensure they can win. Since that offer was done, even though it is not SHL binding, I predict the Raptors to take it in 6 games.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

1. Trivia 
Verification Word: LAP
+3 TPE

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

1. CW - Verification Word: Wonder

GGFG! Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 12:02 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate  (3 TPE)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.[/font][/size][/color]

MomSaysImSpecial (for, I hope, 3 TPE)

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I would say Quebec and Maine in the J, but Edmonton and Philly in the SHL for sure. Philly had an offensive machine that seemed unstoppable. The team is all-in on offense, and it should have worked against New England. It must have come to tactics I guess, but even then, I wonder what happened to see Philly lose in 6. I admit I was kind of disappointed to see NEW reach again the finals, and it would have been fun for Philly, but I think it was well-deserved. The team struggled at the beginning of last season, but NEW also has a team build on defense, which must have helped. Philly still has a good core and should fight with BAP for the Atlantic title for the next seasons.

WC: 130.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

1. reciprocity
4. A seminal moment in the playoffs, certainly a footnote in this season, was the Monarchs scratching and clawing their way to a Game 6 against Edmonton, without a doubt the best team in the league, with a roster of not-quite-ready for primetime players. Edmonton saw the writing on the wall, and before the season is over, it looks that the Edmonton run of dominance is coming to a quick end. Winnipeg also looks to be going for a youth movement, and Philly and New England seem prepared to run it back. It’s looking like Los Angeles, the definitive class of the new SHL, will be the team to beat moving forward. (111 Words)
11. Last season was the seminal triumph for Team Germany, a long-snakebitten group who rode Evan Winter, Red Kirkby, and Rikkert Biemans to a gold medal performance. While it’s easy to say the champion one year will repeat as champs again, teams like Norway, Switzerland, and upset teams like the United States and Japan will be chomping at the bit for a chance at revenge. In all likelihood, it’s the end of the road for the German dream team. The big question is what Team Great Britain will do to get back into the dance. Their junior team has dominated tournaments in the past, and that talent should be coming of age soon, and all that talent clearly isn’t going to Ireland. (121 Words)

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

1. CW TRIVIA

greatness

4. Written

Well considering EDM and WPG have started to sell of players to kick start their rebuild it pretty much means that the answer by default is NEW and PHI. Even if that's the easy answer I don't think they are slam dunks to make the Finals consistently, BAP just added 2 big time players in a push to finally break through in the Eastern Conference. Both NEW and PHI still have the TPE advantage over the others in the East that gap is closing and if an Eastern team can make a great run in the regular season it could lead to a NEW vs PHI match up in the Quarterfinals round. Other contender are HAM and TOE who just traded for seemingly half of EDM's roster. The East is starting to look like a knock down drag out fight to be the lone survivor while the West looks a little bit more settled. LAP has thrown their hat in the ring as the next superpower in the West but TEX and state rivals SFP will be looking to knock them off and make their own name.

d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?

Well panthers are probably more agile and faster but wolves I feel like are more vicious and are great at hunting in packs. One on one I would probably say the panther wins this match up but since it's a wolfpack vs a couple of panthers I going to give to the wolves. They are used to hunting and fighting in packs so the teamwork will secure the win in this hypothetical fight.

e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

I got LA, I think they are the more hungry team and they have been insane in the playoffs. They are incredible deep and have good scorers on every line. I think NEW definitely will put up a fight and probably even take it to 6 or 7 games but I think this is LA's year.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 09:23 AM by trella. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
yay

2. Written, 2 TPE - Grab Bag:
a. I think that New England will struggle to match up against the depth the Los Angeles Panthers have especially at forward. The Pack seems like more of a top-heavy squad, so if the Panthers can match the Pack’s top line, I think that LA will have the advantage elsewhere in the lineup.
52 words

b. I think that the Los Angeles Panthers need to commit to playing to the strengths that got them to the finals this season, rather than focusing too much on Lacksamus. Ivan is bound to score some no matter what they do, so focusing on beating the Pack by having better depth will be the Panthers’ path to victory.
58 words

3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
This is an interesting cup matchup between one team with many players at their peak vs an old guard who is transitioning, but still a formidable opponent. I think that while New England’s experience has definitely helped them on their cup run this season, and it will help them in the finals, it will be very difficult to overcome the star power on the Los Angeles Panthers’ roster. Adam Prpich had an absolutely insane season and is still surrounded by some amazing talent in Los Angeles. I think that these players who are currently at their peaks are going to have the edge in this series, despite their lack of experience when compared with New England’s players. New England’s players also probably have more wear and tear on their body from years of deep playoff runs, whereas Los Angeles players are a bit younger and a bit fresher. I think the Panthers will have the edge in this series.
159 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 07:26 AM by st4rface. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.
Verification words: dax

I think all SHL users can agree that Edmonton ''Blizzard'' was a big shock. League leader got eliminated in just second round by 14th seeded San Francisco ''Pride''. Edmonton was very good team in regular season and had over 100 points. Crazy that we didn't see them pass even second round where they had home court advantage and much worse opponent. However, Buffalo ''Stampede'' was one of those teams which had to make Finals too. Things went how it went and both teams didn't get so far though. Both teams lost in the second round while those teams were first and second seeded in the entire league.

107 words

11. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)

IIHF is always hard to predict, because teams are heavily changing each off-season. Some players retire while others have blow up seasons. Players change much faster for nations. It's hard to predict, but I'm pretty sure that Ireland, USA, Japan still will be dominant. I am very sure that our Finland will be at the top as well. I hope that my own player will have a decent performance statistics wise. He had two great SHL seasons, but haven't performed at the best in IIHF so far. Hopefully he can have an impact on Finland's performance. Last season didn't really surprise me. I will be mostly watching our games and maybe some our contenders matches. We will try to do our best, so we can fight for some medals. Will try to not get so high hopes, but we will do our best, so next SHL season can start with a great off-season. Let's go Finland!

156 words

12. Written, 2 TPE, Favor for a friend (100 words min.)

Finland has only two players from Toronto ''North Stars'' - Aumy Junior II and William Tree. Funny that they both was the best players points wise for Toronto last season. Only player close to them was another forward - Filip Svatos. He comes from Finland, so it's impossible for them all three to play for the same nation. However, he would be exactly that player who I would choose to play with in IIHF as well. Imagine if our dynamic trio would be playing together not only in SHL, but in IIHF too. I am pretty sure that we would have a great chemistry on and off the ice. Would even improve our ability to play together for next seasons. That would be the best possible outcome.

125 words

TOTAL 8 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: truth (+1.5-3.0 TPE)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?

d: If I’ve learned anything from watching the streams this postseason, I think that its safe to say the result is dependent on whether the wolves have been fed a banana prior to the encounter. But seriously, this clash would take place in the smokey mountains of TN/NC in the United States, where the rumored remnants of the “Carolina Panthers” aka Cougars may still reside. In this case, their opponent would be the Red Wolves who also call the area home, even in limited numbers. While the Cougars would have the weight advantage (around up to 2x), I just can’t bet against the wolves. Wolves are famous for pack living and teamwork in hunting. The Cougars, despite greater natural offensive prowess, would be undone by their inability to organize. In my imagination, I’m picturing a greater quantity of wolves in the fight just because of their lifestyle choices as well. If the numbers approach anywhere near even then this conversation becomes more difficult. (+1 TPE)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)
SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

5: I’m thrilled to have been given the assignment to generate two intermission shows for the SHL finals. The first for me is a no brainer. 10 kids from the crowd selected at random within a certain weight bracket, are given bike helmets and placed into modified 24V power wheels jeeps. Five jeeps have a paint job corresponding to the home team and five for the away team. In groups of five (3+2 reps from each team) thy race in opposite directions around the rink for 2 laps on what is normally the fastest skater course. The winning child gets 4 season tickets for next season. Because of the short duration of the race and the circumstance of this being the finals, the intermission is a bit longer with dual Zambonis running at its conclusion. For the second intermission, I’d bring out the winners from each team’s respective fanbase EA NHL Tournament, to have them play one another on the jumbotron while the ice is being resurfaced. This gives the other fans in attendance the ability to use their alcohol fueled passion to continue cheering and booing and keep the energy levels up heading into the real life third period. (+3 TPE)

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

6: After being the top placed team in the SMJHL by a double-digit margin for the second season in a row, the heavily favored Quebec City Citadelles have once again failed to even punch a ticket to the finals. While they must take some relief in losing to Colorado rather than Detroit for a change, its still a massive disappointment for the team many tapped in preseason to waltz to the title. With around 9 max capped players and 4 350 capped players, there weren’t many rosters that could compare to what QCC put on the ice every night and it showed over the course of a regular season that saw them score 34 more goals than any other team while simultaneously allowing the fewest – with players setting individual records along the way. The only silver lining is that the Owls seem to be returning a strong lineup again to chase their third consecutive regular season title next season - and they hope: playoff success. (+2 TPE)

Max TPE: 9 of 8 (Trivia Pending)

\

1. Chill

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?
New England has always relied on their top tier defenders to help shutdown the other teams. Looking at the composition of the wolves you can see that each defender already acts as mini goalies with shot blocks nearing the 100's compared to other teams that barely scratch 50. New England is going to be looking to that defense again to bewitch the other players.
b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?
Ivan is solvable, we have seem him shut out of scoring many times. Looking at the beginning of this season he had a slow start as other teams were keeping him off the board. I think Los Angeles can find a way to stop him and it will go a long way to making their plan work in the long run. New England runs only a few good scorers, but those that score are elite.
c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?
Playoff Olof is a real thing. That being said, he is starting to show his age as his games this playoffs have been a little leaky. Olof has a great defense in front of him preventing even more shots to come his way so it's a chance we could see him return to form and absolutely dominate. A lot will come down to these two goalies and who is a better net minder.
e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
This cup is most likely going to Los Angeles. While the New England Wolfpack are all veterans and returning to a back to back cup, their age is starting to show. They have young blood who are up and coming but in the regular season, and now, it is Los Angeles's time to shine. They are the ones we should expect to come out on top in this contest just by stats alone as well as hunger.

Look, this is not even a question but EDM got cursed by the president's trophy. EDM should absolutely have made it all the way to the finals and had a good push for the cup with the team they had this year. While Los Angeles was right on their tails the whole season, what with the 3 way tie for second place, EDM still had the top notch scorers who should have been able to get the job done all the way to the finals. A match up of LAP vs EDM was inevitable and a match of the year, but to be defeated 4-1 just shows how strong this LAP lineup was throughout. After LAP secured that victory they breezed their way to a cup and almost did it without losing a single game.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

J GM pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

1. Trivia

FigJam

a. The only way I can see New England being able to shut down the Panthers would be to employ the trap the New Jersey Devils used to use during their dominant years in the late 90s. Lots of clutching and grabbing and creating an absolute bottle neck in the neutral zone forcing long dump ins. 
PHP Code:
55 Words 
b.
For Los Angeles to counteract the absolute revitalized season Lacksamus is having I think they just need to carry on as they already have been. Put your strongest defensive line, both forwards and defense against Ivan and let the other three lines carry the offence on to victory like they did against Texas.

PHP Code:
53 Words 
c.
If I am giving an advantage in net I think I still need to stick with LA and Brzeczyszczykiewicz. Sure Karsikko has put up some amazing numbers through the first few rounds, but he hasn't faced a team with the offensive depth that LA will throw at him. Plus Brzeczyszczykiewicz is just a younger, quicker goalie and those regression years will surely catch up to Karsikko in the finals

PHP Code:
69 Words 

Well another playoff has come and gone and congrats to the Panthers on their decisive victory over the Wolf Pack. I don't truly know if there is anything New England could have done to reverse the decision. When you face a team that was as deep and well rounded as the Panthers it gets extremely tough to counteract. Other that Piastri (16g), the Panthers threw out 7 players all within 3 goals of each other, not to mention the point differential through their top 10 of only having a gap of 15 points. this in itself is some impressive depth. New England would have to be able to throw out 6 shutdown defensemen every game, and that would just take a massive toll on the rest of the team.
Code:
129 words

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures