Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
blunt

affiliate pt
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry700169
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 02:25 PM by Punk42AE. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliation

Trivia Codeword: Frankenstero

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

pbe pt

1. Verification

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 02:52 PM by Wheels.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

bender

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.) For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

I think a loss in a conference final should never be considered more than a setback. Playoff hockey is lunacy and chaos of the highest level, we all know this, and if a couple of pucks bounce differently you go from winning a series 4-2 to losing a series 4-2 without any significant change in performance or team composition, so I'd argue that neither Winnipeg and Edmonton should sound the alarm bells just that. That was, of course, before Edmonton decided to take the series loss and use it as an excuse to absolutely explode their roster - what was it, 15 total picks going back to them? In exchange for a bunch of high numbered TPE players? Full credit to the Blizzard staff, when they decide it's time to sell they don't let anything get in their way. Winnipeg should be fine next year though - New England just made the finals finishing 6th in the league standings.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

In my view, both Winnipeg and Edmonton had opportunities to reach the finals. While the Aurora may have cooled down slightly from their dominant streak, I believe Edmonton isn't quite at that level yet. I think the Blizzard's presence in the same conference as the Panthers may have prevented them from reaching the finals. Additionally, the other conference had weaker teams, which could have made the Blizzard's path easier. The Panthers showed their superiority by defeating the only team that surpassed them in the regular season. The Blizzard claimed the president's trophy with an impressive record of 44 wins and accumulating almost 100 points.

8 TPE

1. 1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word: sky

5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)

SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

So a really easy way to put on an intermission show in the primary viewing space of a hockey arena and avoid it getting in the way of ice resurfacing is to just not have it be on the ice. How do you avoid putting it on the ice and still have it in the middle of the arena? Aerialists. Silks and rings are probably the best way to go with that. Arenas already have the necessary rigging for aerial equipment and netting, it's just a question of putting them up, but if you just hire some good IATSE circus techs you'll be pretty good to go on that front. Talk to your local IATSE chapter and don't avoid using union labor, besties. Set the performance to music. You could do a whole Blades of Glory thing with it, even. Stay on theme and all that. Just don't expect your performers to put skates on. They're not that coordinated.

[159 words]

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

It's obviously the Quebec City Citadelles. That's not even homerism or bias, it's just true. QCC has now gone two season as the top team in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, only to fall flat and not make it past their first round of competition. I mean, it's embarrassing, really. On paper, they're far and away the best team, boasting a top line who posted, collectively, more than three hundred points, with an additional second line support of a player with 99 points, and some of the best goaltending in the league in Song Ju-gong. They just cannot get over the mental wall, apparently.

[105 words]

[8 TPE total]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

Code:

Merci

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (203 words)
For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

Definitely a changing of the guard happening in the west. Winnipeg always makes offseason moves to stay in the hunt so you can’t rule them out, but the core is aging in a way that’s starting to rear its head. Edmonton, meanwhile, has clearly called off the dogs and gone into rebuild mode by selling everything including the kitchen sink for future picks. They’ll be restocking and remodeling for the next few seasons, unless they start turning those picks around for prime players.

Meanwhile, it’s equally clear that LAP is making plans to build a dynasty continuing to acquire big names to build on a Cup winning roster. SFP will aim to keep threatening them in the Pacific, so the Battle of California should stay hot, though it looks like LA’s to lose for the foreseeable future. TEX is starting to make good on their lengthy rebuild, making it a round deeper into the playoffs each of the last three seasons. WPG will hope to stay atop the Central with NOLA and CHI always scrappy, though it’s seems like TEX can hold onto the division for a few seasons. Whether they can challenge for the conference and the Cup remains to be seen.

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (162 words)

Texas, obviously. After posting the league’s lowest Goals Against during the regular season, they held opponents to 2 or fewer goals in 8 of their 14 playoff games. Only the Panthers’ high powered offense was able to crack them, but the overall trajectory can’t be denied. If they maintain their recent history of advancing one more round each season, then S76 will see the Renegades in the Finals.

They’ll continue to ride Dionne’s fantastic play in net behind the inevitable shot stopping of the big but quiet Hodor. A bit of retooling upfront will see some young guns step into their prime and into some marquee roles, but overall this is a team that spreads the workload and goal scoring throughout its lineup. If they can find the right combination (or luck into a hot hand come playoff time), they’ll have every reason to fulfill their Conference Championship destiny and try their luck against the best the East can throw at them.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Code:
1. Trivia
Bababooey
3 TPE

Code:
2. a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?

The only ways to shutdown a team with formidable depth is to either lean on your top players significantly and hope your depth wins on the aggregate, or have every line minorly outperform their lines with strong team defense. It's tough, but for New England the answer probably has to be in trying to win the way they've won up to this point in the playoffs: have their top players be their top players. Have faith in Lacksamus to continue his MVP style post-season and rely on the following lines and d-pair to keep LA at bay. It's not perfect, but trying to feed everyone after having your trip to the finals defined by Lacksamus' play ain't the answer.

1 TPE, 125 words

Code:
2. d. So, a pack of wolves fighting some panthers. Where the fight happens? How it goes? Which side wins? Were animals hurt while answering this prompt?

Cmon, we all know how this goes for the wolves. Wolves in packs, yeah they know how to fight and all that. They hunt together, survive, forage, whatever wolves do. But panthers? The giant ass, really fast cats? I don't even think the wolves come close to TOUCHING the panthers. Animals would be hurt in this prompt being answered, but only wolves. It'd be the lightest work ever for the panthers man. They could probably kill rhinos and giraffes, wolves aren't gonna be a problem.

1 TPE, 80? words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)
For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

Call me a hater but, something tells me that this was the end for Edmonton. The whole "sell off the entire team for picks following an early playoff loss" really sets the tone tha they aren't going to try and be real competitive in the future. Winnipeg already accepted they aren't going to be winning anytime soon as soon as they traded for Ben Jammin, and they do have a pretty notable amount of their team in regression. They've been fairly consistent on re-tooling and bringing in effective talent though, so it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world to see Winnipeg make the playoffs consistently through and come back strong after a short "contention" hiatus.

I can't imagine New England is all that close to falling off. Meat of their core is still looking fairly hot, like, their oldest player is S63 (I aint counting goalies here) and they got some pretty nice S74 prospects coming up in the near future. Feels like the same situation with Philly. The meat of their team is still able to stick around, and barring any surprise trades/FA losses, it's hard to imagine the fall off is coming for them any time soon. Unlike the old guard in the west, these teams are still in their prime and not actively selling off pieces.

When it comes to who makes the finals, it feels like Philly and New England can keep their stranglehold out east. Maybe LA or Texas are the rearing of the new guard. I always have faith in Texas to do good things, and LA has the (probable) reigning MVP so it's tough to bet against them. As someone who wants something new, I'm going to put faith in Minnesota buying from Edmonton paying off and they make the finals within the next 3 seasons.

3 TPE, 300 words or something I forget

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Code:
Code:

Spumoni

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)

In the words of question e in the 2nd option, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I fully expect to see New England continue to make finals appearances over the next several seasons. They just keep doing it, they are a team that is ran extremely well and are probably as capable as anyone of keeping a franchise running smooth and competitive for as long as they want. I would hope to see Philly make another one while they’re still good. They (we) struggled a little to start the year, and turned it around into a good run that I would have liked to see in the finals and I thought was more than capable. Hopefully the slow start was more of a fluke than a sign of slowing down. Winnipeg and Edmonton will probably show up again soon as well. Other teams are climbing and we could see Baltimore soon enough, but I’ll believe it when I see it sort of thing, in terms of these successful franchises falling off completely.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 75! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

I’m not sure New England could have done anything differently to change the outcome of that series. Maybe they could have stolen a game or even two but they were not two teams of a similar caliber in those finals. The scores weren’t blowouts by any stretch, but they also weren’t quite tossups. New England needed better goal prevention, which they struggled with compared to other playoff teams in the regular season, so I’m not sure anything could have been done on the fly. More than that they needed their offense to get going in the finals specifically, which they were unable to do. Maybe some line shakeups, or just going all out offensively could help them win a shootout type of game, but I don’t see a world where they come out of that series as the victor based on what we saw.

8 tpe

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 05:29 PM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

Verification: FuckHamilton

IIHF

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

I think team USA has a good shot for a medal this coming tournament. We have quite a substantial amount oh high tpe players who have another season of chemistry under their belts. It went pretty well last season but we got knocked out early where we should have gone further. On a personal note I don't have much expectation for my player. Even though he is second on the team in tpe, he's used primarily as a defensive forward even though he has great offensive stats for the Spectres in the regular seasons. As far as teams to watch out for, Sweden is perennially tough and Japan is also looking pretty tough this season. Those two teams I expect to be in the hunt for medals in this coming tournament. Last season I'm surprised that team USA did not medal. We had a very good round robin part and it looked like we were carrying momentum into the medal round but I guess it wasn't meant to be. This season will be a different story as I fully expect to skate away with a mefal.

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE, Favor for a friend (100 words min.)
If you could take one or two of your SHL/SMJHL teammates on loan for next international tournament would you go for absolute best players, look at where your international team is most struggling or just take your friends to hang with you on the locker room. Who would you pick and why?

Dusty Rhodes is all about fun. Since he already has one of his partners in crime in Manius, he'd also have to get the other part of the three amigos in there with Walt Frazier. Those three drive Spectres management nuts with their antics on and particularly off the ice. They are some hard partying dudes that really like to let loose after the games. I can only imagine the havoc they'd wreak if they were to get about this in a foreign country. I would predict at least one or possibly two diplomatic incidents with these three lads together overseas. And that would be great fun for Dusty, probably even more than earning a medal which makes this quite unlikely to happen.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

1. yes

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 06:01 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 1 time in total.)

3. It's been 10 seasons since the Panthers were nothing that I ever wasn't so with that being said. F*** him because I don't care about the last time. They did something and even if I did. I don't so where's the hooplaw for Michael fitted? Whenever he's doing what he does bring it back around and back to Antarctica. Because the artist still flat and no one figured that out you know, on other news. I can also pet all the dogs I want out there.  Have you ever thought about that?
I bet not. I bet you're too busy hanging out with your stupid friends playing Fortnite because you're all bunch of d******** while I get the pet dogs on Antarctica must suck to be you? Buddy man, some of these guys were just whatever. But seriously, how does the world get like this? I'll never know and ever be able to tell.

6. The best team to not make it was obviously Tampa. If you don't think so, then you're living under a rock and with that rock, you might be also be Patrick Starr because you're dumber than that guy ever was like I mean seriously. Maybe even Jeffrey Starr and you guys remember Jeffrey Starr myspace was crazy though. Yeah, like that's back in the day. I email picks and stuff dog myspace member Tia tequila. But yeah, 100% Tampa, without Tampa, there is no league. Like think about it for a second and the world where Michael fitted is not in the finals is no world. I want to live in. Think of all the media day attractions. You could get with a Michael fitted vinyl record whatever you know. Final record vinyl record. It's all the same thing. It's likely in order to venture. He's actually played by the Caprio. When it comes down to the time to play the trumpet.

Cw triva fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

1. Yinzer

The Panthers are back in the finals after a decade and they are matching up to a team who has a lot of experience in the finals in recent time. Now it seems pretty obvious that New England would have the edge being the team with far more times in the finals but I think you shouldn’t doubt the will of the Panthers. Just because the Panthers haven’t been here in a while doesn’t mean they aren’t ready or they don’t deserve it, this Panthers team is really, really good and if New England is going to come in here and just think it’s another standard series they will be destroyed by the Panthers. This team is hungry and ready, they have prepared all season for this and after dominating in the playoffs, I don’t think it’ll matter they haven’t been here for the past 10 years, because they are here now, and they are ready.

After a miraculous or heartbreaking comeback against QCC, the Raptors flew into the playoffs with all the momentum in the world. Playing Newfoundland the Raptors long cold streak of championships was finally ended as Colorado lifted the Four Star Cup at the end of the 5 game series. Raptors were phenomenal on both offense and defense. They outskated, outworked, and outsmarted their opponents and after a long hiatus, the Raptors seem to finally be back. Newfoundland definitely deserves respect for paving a hard path to the finals but still making it but the Raptors were clearly the better team in these finals.

[Image: kcP9WEd.png]

[Image: SFLJy.gif]

S76 CW:
8 out of 8 TPE

1: CW Triva (3 TPE), verification word: Slurpe

2A: (1 TPE) Yes, I think that New England can shut down such an evenly spread out offensive attack. It will take a lot of work, but I think that New England has the defensive fire power to be able to do this. They will successfully be doing it by keeping the puck out of their defensive zone as much as possible.
59 words

13: (2 TPE) The Los Angeles Panthers won the season 75 cup over the New England Wolf Pack, it took them only four games to do it. The Panthers won because they were just the better team on the ice for this entire series, the Wolf Pack could not even win one game in the whole series. I think that if the Wolf Pack could go back in time and try this again, they would try to put more pressure on the Panthers defense, which would lead to more offensive changes and keeping the puck away from the fire power offense that the Panthers have.
102 words

14: (2 TPE) The Four Star Cup was won by none other than the Colorado Raptors, who showed that they were the best team in the SMJHL this season with an incredible playoff run. This was stacked from top to bottom and showed the other teams in the league that they mean business and will be contenders for many seasons to come. The Raptors won the cup because they were able to overpower any team with their offensive power. Such as scoring multiple 8 goal games in the playoffs which is unheard of. This type of offense was a legendary performance and it will be hard for any other team to be able to match this type of performance.
117 words

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 06:46 PM by natedoeshockey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

patyatime

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)

It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?

Patya honestly thinking this experience New England am having am make them overconfident. Patya see it happen all the time when team is get overconfident and overlook opponent. This why Patya never try to do this but it am still happen. Sometimes it affect teammates and Patya can't do it all, but sometimes it end up affecting Patya and not teammates. Patya not thinking nerves will affect Los Angeles because they am been here before and have many good players. They playing with chip on shoulder because most people probably am considering them underdogs and Patya know what this is like. This make them play many strongs. Patya not at all be surprised if Los Angeles beating New England, even if pretty handily. Patya know this finals am happen but not check outcome yet, so maybe Patya wrong. Patya not have all the answers, this just how Patya feeling. Patya like both teams and am just hope series was good.

+3 TPE

Code:

Patya look and am much surprised that Quebec City am not make SMJHL finals this season. Quebec City was much strong, very dominant in regular season. Patya know how important tactics and coaching are in playoffs so Patya guessing they am just simply get outmatched by higher iq opponent. This am sometimes happen. This season, New Orleans started regular season much good and then go on huge losing streak. Sometimes you just lose momentum and it spiral. Then, when we hit playoffs, we am beat Winnipeg, which am always feeling good. Playoffs and regular season am different animals and you have for bring A game to playoffs if wanting for get big wins!

+2 TPE

Total: 8/8 TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Halkoholic

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player?
What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?

I will write a bit about my player and my expectations for this WJC as it is the first time Niclas Sundqvist makes it to a team in the WJC. Despite reaching the first cap of 350 TPE, he did not make it to the main team of Norden which is a heavy disappointment. When I had my previous player I immideately made it on my WJC team of Sweden, something that now seems to be a bygone of the past. I am however happy to have made it to the team of ICE, and aim to show why Sundqvist should be a staple that every team wants because no one can beat him when it comes to defense and stamina. This is already evident through the first sims that happened. As of now he is the leader of ATOI in ICE. I think it is difficult to have any expectations or teams to watch out for because with the new format so many more teams were added and split that it is very difficult to predict anything. What I really would like to do is however finish at a better position than team Norden to have my vengance for not being picked.

[203 words]

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE, Favor for a friend (100 words min.)
If you could take one or two of your SHL/SMJHL teammates on loan for next international tournament would you go for absolute best players,
look at where your international team is most struggling or just take your friends to hang with you on the locker room. Who would you pick and why?

This question is really though as I really do not know which team I do identify with in the WJC, but I do really love Sweden so if I am looking at who to bring I have a real tough choice. I have four candidates in my mind and I really would like to bring either a pair of Grizzlies or a people from Manhattan. Now I know I could only pick one or two people so I will do the difficult decision to choose two. Since it says teammates I will go for my SMJHL team and since our captain is leaving us and we did not get a chance to bring that cup home I would have loved for it to happen in the WJC at least. I would have liked for the trio of captains to play together and fight for that WJC gold, I thank you for a great couple of seasons @puolivalmiste and look forward to our last one @Chevy. I wish we had a cup win or medal together but instead we fight against each other. Good luck (but not too much)!

[188 words]

---

TPE: 3+3+2=8

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]