Create Account

S75 Championship Week Due: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

4. Written, 3 TPE, Merely a setback! (150 words min.)
For more than 5 seasons conference finals have mostly been played between Edmonton and Winnipeg in west, yet this season they were both knocked out earlier. In the east Baltimore and Hamilton challenged Philadelphia and New England but ultimately we saw the same two teams in conference finals. Was season 75 merely a setback for Edmonton and Winnipeg or is the clock also ticking for New England and Philadelphia? Which teams you expect to see making it to finals during next few seasons?

I was on my knees when I realized the Edmonton Blizzard had been eliminated by the Los Angeles Panthers. I mean, everyone knows that the Panthers were a really good team, but so were the Blizzard this year, and this year was supposed to be different. It would certainly be a big setback if the Panthers hadn’t also been the team to win in the finals. It goes back to the old adage, “if you’re going to lose, lose to the eventual winner,” or something similar. The Panthers, mind you, had quite an easy time getting to the finals, since they’re a really strong team. I truly believe that the time for teams like Edmonton, Winnipeg, New England, and Philadelphia is over. It is time for new teams to take the reign like the Los Angeles Panthers, as well as the Seattle Argonauts. Haters will say that this is a bold prediction, but just wait.

6. Written, 2 TPE, Maybe next season (100 words min)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Quebec City Citadelles were the best team to not make the SMJHL finals. Coming off a historic record breaking season for Froya Solberg, with 127 points in the regular season, expectations were high. Unfortunately, the cracks showed during their series against the Colorado Raptors. They had no depth. Their top line was able to score, but beyond that, they just didn’t have the scoring prowess that was needed. Luckily for them though, the core of their team still has another year in the J. Much like the Raptors last season, QCC will be back for some much needed revenge.

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 75! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

The Colorado Raptors won Season 75! Specifically they won the four star cup. They really had everything that a GM could ask for in a team. They had solid offense, solid defense, good specialty teams, and the brought the ferocity of dinosaurs. Especially when looking at the Legion of Boom, they would always bring tenacity and grit to their games. Even when they were the Colorado Nappers, and napped through the dubs, it was clear that they were a good team. When they woke up and became the Colorado Rappers, no team in the J was safe. So it ended up being no surprise that they won.

14. Written, 2 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (100 words min.)
Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.

When Jussi Mutou pulled a Connor McDavid, and skated a 1v5 in the finals against the Newfoundland Berserkers, it had all but cemented their upcoming victory. And that was only game 2. The Raptors were quick. The Raptors were skilled. The Raptors hit hard. The Raptors were dominant. Besides an unordinary game 3 where the Berserkers inked out a 6-5 win, the Raptors seemed to not have much issue winning the 4 games they needed to win the Four Star cup. Xavier Beausoleil would lead the way with his 32 points across the entire playoffs, and eventually the Raptors would secure their first Four Star cup in team history.

8 TPE total!
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 10:15 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word: hoot

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?

More than anything my mind is blown that it has already been 10 seasons since the Panthers last won the cup. My player Sarah Burke was on that roster and it was one of my favorite times in the SHL to date. I can't say I'm super familiar with the LA roster today, but if the team is anything like it was the last time they won I'm sure certain they'll find a way to win regardless of New England's track record. Of course it's entirely possible the New England Wolfpack just go in overconfident or psyche themselves out, further helping LA's cause. At this point in the prompt it just occurred to me the Challenge Cup game has been simmed, and the Panthers did indeed pull out the win.. and it wasn't just a win, but a full sweep. So congrats to them and my condolences to the Wolfpack I suppose.

(152 words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)
SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

There are a lot of challenges associated with trying to put together a show during two shorter intermission periods. For one, the logistics are a bit of a nightmare. The periods are shorter, the ice needs to be resurfaced in preparation for the next period, and the space where you can have a show anywhere besides the ice is usually pretty limited. So from my perspective there's really only a couple of things you could do. One, you could bring someone in the likes of Lady Gaga and have her drop from the ceiling and do her performance on floating platforms above the ice, taking care to ensure she doesn't run into the score clock or something halfway through. Or two, you could do some kind of Cirque de Soleil kind of thing amongst the audience, allowing performers to run up and down the stairs or do some kind of trapeze thing above the crowd. Honestly the trapeze thing probably makes more sense because so many people are moving around between periods and would just probably get taken out. I suppose another option would be to have them do a performance like on a zamboni, that'd take some crazy talent but probably be super interesting. Or maybe you just really yolo and do the Challenge Cup outside and have a full on performance off to the side. But there might be an unfairness aspect there and the losing team might complain the sun got in their eyes or something, so maybe not.

(252 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

1. Verification Word: Tiny

a. I don’t think it’s crazy at all to suggest that New England could shut down the depth of Los Angeles as they are also a very deep and strong team. I think that the depth is something that does help Los Angeles, but the depth of New England will give them a stern test.
WC: 54

d. I think the experience of New England is what comes through in the finals in a way that makes them Challenge Cup Champions this season. They’ve been there before, and that includes their staff, and I think that puts them over the top in the end in this matchup. It’s going to go more than 5 games I think, but it’s New England’s time to hoist.
WC: 66

4. I think that the most likely scenario in the SHL is that this is merely a setback for the Blizzard and the Jets. The SHL tends to go in waves with the same teams making it further in the playoffs in a 10 to 15 season window if all goes right, and I think that we are probably still in that window for the Blizzard and the Jets. There are teams that are up and coming in the Western Conference with San Francisco and Los Angeles both being on the upswing, but I don’t think we are in a position that they are going to be regular finalists yet. Of course, both teams could surprise as Los Angeles has done this season and San Francisco has made some big swings to improve their team, but I would expect to see a return to regularly scheduled programming next season as things currently stand without getting too deep into it.

WC: 158

Total TPE: 8

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Forgot how good it feels to get HO pass

[Image: lespoils.gif]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Including this season how many times Los Angeles and New England have met in Challenge Cup Finals? 1 Once in their history has Los Angeles Panthers won the Challenge Cup while not winning the Presidents' Trophy, which season was that? S17 When was the last time New England went back to back to Challenge Cup finals? S30-s31

PBE affiliate:
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=699271

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Code:
CW Trivia
Verification Code: Hilroy

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?
b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?
a) I think it is going to be very hard for a team to try and stop a team with that much depth. They are clearly getting help from their whole team, everywhere up and down the lineup. They also had the leagues best player in my opinion, who led the league in goals and points if I remember correctly.
b) Last season, New England had a lot more of a set up like Los Angeles has this season. Last season, every single player was on a tear for the Wolfpack and they could not be stopped. You would man mark one, and the other players on the line would be able to make a difference. Stopping Ivan Lacksamus is the number 1 priority for the Panthers in this series in my opinion.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Been there, Done that (150 words min.)
It has been 10 seasons since Panthers last won the cup and Yannick Svoboda is only player left from that team. While for the New England this is 4th finals appearance since S70 and multiple players have been there for all of them, including the two cup wins. Will that experience triumph over excitement or will it make them overconfident? Will the nerves of Panthers get better of them now when the stakes are the highest? Which team has the mental advantage over the other and how big of an impact you think it will have on the match up?
Going to the finals this many times is fun. Like I mean, really really fun. And take it from me, who has ben able to be here for the ride with the Wolfpack. The only problem with always being in the finals is the toll that it takes on your body and mentally too. It is exhausting. It is tiring to be playing this many games every season. And, let us not forget the fact that it adds a target on your back when other teams want to beat the best and beat last years winners. The Panthers are coming in the finals very hungry. They were not happy with the way their season ended last season and they were able to see the Wolfpack be underdogs in a couple series last season and still triumph and come out on top. They kind of had to do the same thing this season, even thouhg they finished 2nd in the season, they were never really considered to be the top dogs in their series. SO they have a lot to prove, not only to win, but also to show the haters that they are a force not to be reckoned with.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

GM

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
verification: friday

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

1. Trivia Verification Word -> Pyro
2. Graphic logo
[Image: i9fWEek.png]
3. Procrastinator graphic
[Image: NFMQ8Sy.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Task 1.
Trivia Word: Spooky

Task 2.
a.
Depth wins championships. If your top guys are getting shut down, you need the depth guys to pull their weight. I think the hardest part of building a team is finding the right depth to compliment your stars. You can shut down the depth, but then the stars shine and will tear you apart. Finding the right balance of shutting down the big guys and not allowing the depth to come up big.

d.
It is down to the final round, the last fight! Who do we have today, a bunch of Wolves and Panthers? Okay I guess. Is this like, big cat versus big dog or what? Anyways, I think the Panthers will tear the Wolves apart. The wolves got that pack mentality but Panthers, are very very sneaky. Panthers take it.

e.
Los Angeles is my pick to win it all, despite already knowing the result. Fuzz is a buddy of mine and I will root for my buddies, as long as they are not playing against me. I think the Panthers can just turn the heat up and make it hard for other teams to play against.

Task 13.

Congrats to the Los Angeles Panthers for winning the Challenge Cup. The Panthers decided they did not want to play more than four games, so they swept the New England Wolfpack. The only thing I can think of that the Wolfpack could have done differently is win a game. Joking aside, Los Angeles seemed like they just wanted it more. They came in and dominated New England in every way possible. Los Angeles goalie just decided to shut them down after game one. That or the defense said, “Nah, you are not shooting the puck where you want to.” Congrats to Fuzz and the gang for coming up big though.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 11:09 PM by Jumbobone19. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate - 3 TPE
Username: Jumbo

1. CW Trivia- 3 TPE
Jumbo

14. Procrastinator - 2 TPE

The Four Star Cup was between 2 of the best teams in the SMJHL, the Colorado Raptors and the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Raptors, the 3rd seed, got the bye and first face then  Carolina Kraken in the 2nd round. The Raptors won in 6 games. And then had a much harder test in the Semis when they faced the number 1 seed, Quebec City Citadelles, but the Raptors took them down in 6 games as well. The Raptors moved onto the finals in search of the teams first cup in history. The Newfoundland Berserkers, 6th seed, also had a bye and first faced Detroit in the 2nd, and then Maine in the semis. Newfoundland won both series in game 7, showing true character. Newfoundland is a no stranger to the 4 Star Cup finals, having won it all in S70. The Raptors though came into the series determined dominating game 1 and winning 7-2. They also dug deep and pulled out a win in game 2 in overtime. Game 3 in Newfoundland seemed almost like the Raptors were trying but not to win it. Maybe hoping to win it all at home, which really seemed like the case cause game 4, Colorado shut down Newfoundland and won 3-1. Then they really turned it up in game 5 and took the series and cup winning 7-2. It was the Raptors first in team history and the players were playing with that motivation. 

8 TPE

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 09:12 PM by SimmiZ. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Confirmation word: Miz

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. During the Conference Finals Panthers had no players who had multi goal game, yet they beat the Texas in 5 games. Can New England shut down a team with such depth, how could they do it?

Yes, New England have the tools to shut down that offense, but it will be very difficult indeed. I think I never saw a team like Los Angeles in which every player can be a real danger on the offensive side. New England need to stay out of the penality box, and their goaltensing needs to be perfect if they want to stop that wave.  65 words

b. On New England side Ivan Lacksamus is back on MVP form, scoring 15 goals and 38 points in 19 games, including the 15 points scored in Conference Finals. Should Los Angeles try to find a way to stop him or hope that their stars kick in the next gear to meet the challenge head on?

Los Angeles need to find a way to stop him. We have seen him in the past, and Lacksamus can win a championship alone if he set his mind to it. For Los Angeles, stopping Lacksamus equal stopping 80% of New England offense. If they stop Lacksamus, it will be an easy championship for LA. 55 words.

c. Olof Karsikko, who has won the Razov and the Challenge Cup with both teams, while already past his peak comes into finals with higher save percentage than Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who on the other hand has lower goal against average. Which team in your opinion has advantage on net and how much of an impact you think it will have on the series?

This is probably the closest comparaison between these two teams, but I would give only a slightly tiny bit of advantage to Karsikko, and only because he have more experience in than Grzegorz in post season. I dont think the goaltending will be the biggest impact in that final, offense will play a bigger part, even if it help when your goaltender is playing big. 65 words

e. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Here we go again, I seem to pick the losing team everytime. I will go with Los Angeles in this final. I think they have way more offensive weapon than New England, and they will pummel Karsikko, and he will not be able to make the difference this time. For real, the only thing LA needs to do, is to shutdown Lacksamus, and this championship os in the bag for them. 71 words
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 12:29 AM by r0tzbua.)

Verification: schnitzel

3 TPE, maybe?

5. Written, 3 TPE, And make it double (150 words min.)
SHL HO has noticed how well received the Ultimus Bowl half time show has been and you are now tasked to create a show for both intermissions during one of Challenge Cup Finals. What kind of performance it will be and how will you ensure that ice will get resurfaced while it is going on?

Intermission shows in Hockey? And both intermissions on top? That sounds like heresy, but ok. Technically I still have questions if we want this to happen EACH game of the finals or just the last one. Then again there could be multiple games that could technically be last ones, but maybe I think too much about it. But after all you do not have to touch up the fake green stuff they use in football, so we have to figure out something special here to make sure the ice still gets done and the players do not catch edges the whole time while they are out there.

Thankfully the answer is quite simple! Zamboni ballet! The best Zamboni drivers of the world will be cast by a knockout tournament of skills and then perform in front of the huge crowd of the challenge cup finals. In a beautifully choreographed performance, the zambonis will dance across the ice to some great classical music and deliver a show for everyone attending while making sure the ice is smooth.

176 words, 3 TPE

Challenge Cup Finals might be over and season switch done on portal but there is still sims going on SMJHL. Write a preview (or if you are really late, a review) about this seasons Four Star Cup Finals.

Seems like I was even too late to write a preview about the Four Star Cup Finals. Well I guess a review it is then. Newfoundland and Colorado met after Newfoundland (sadly) beat Maine in the semi-finals and Colorado beat QCC 4-2. Interestingly enough that meant number 1 and 2 in the standings of the regular season were out. Newfoundland lost number 1 and 2 of the series and came back with a close victory in the third to keep the hopes of taking it home alive, but Colorado did take that personally and switched right back into win-mode by taking the two games after that 3-1 and 7-2 respectively leaving no question they deserved the cup win and take it home easily in a 4-1 series.

127 words, 2 TPE

8 TPE total (hopefully)

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 04:42 AM by Juho. Edited 1 time in total.)

1.  Kiekko
6. Yukon (tottaly no bias) but yukon had a roster full of 425 tpe players and also started to play really well including also some star players like seppänen who got to the top 10 in all time J blocks if yukon would have played a bit better then they did i would have easily seen them in the finals and maybe even won it but i guess good things just don't happen in yukon also i would say that the season went kinda not as expected at least for me we finished like 6th place  with a roster full of 425 TPE players

[Image: cVahF90.png]

Code:
Code:

Sad

TPE Earned: 3

Code:

This years Four Star Cup featured two strong teams in Colorado and Newfoundland. The Colorado Raptors were very much favoured in the series and were eventually too strong for the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Newfoundland Berserkers put up a good fight but were unable to keep up with the Colorado Raptors. A lot of the series came down to the fact it appeared the Colorado Raptors got some better goaltending in the series as well as got more goals. Unfortunately the scoring by committee approach was not working for the Newfoundland Berserkers as they lacked that major star power in the finals to carry them over the finish line. They battled hard but the Colorado Raptors were just better.

118 Words

TPE Earned: 2

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you?
Unfortunately Sad Ketchup has yet to be recruited to an IIHF national team, thus he will not be participating in this years event, but he is hopeful to be able to participate in future events. In this seasons events, I would expect many of the usual heavy hitters like Sweden, Germany, and United States of America will be near the top. The team I will be watching closely is Sweden as they have been a powerhouse in the latest seasons and wonder if they will be able to keep the reign of dominance. I will also be watching to see if Canada can reclaim some of its glory, while still strong, not as strong as one would expect a team from Canada in hockey would be. Is Canada in decline? Are other nations just better now? The IIHF always has surprise performances from a team and this season I could see a team like France starting to put it together and getting closer to the top as they had a strong showing last year.

174 words

TPE Earned: 3 TPE

Total TPE Earned: 8

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35