Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST

HO Pass

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 04:04 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones: 1 TPE

Link

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game? I am not sure I have a meaning on the subject. I do find it weird that the timeline between the selection and the actual game is so far apart that players can be traded before they get to play in the All Star game. When the Game is after the season ends there should’ve been voting after the trade deadline. But at the same time I actually don’t know when the voting was because it passed me like a fart in the woods.

c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why? The best goalie should start because that goalie has been the best goalie all over. The other can play second fiddle and enter the ice when the best goalie feels for it.The reason for this is easy and just because the best goalie deserves it as the best goalie. My five cents on the matter.

d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd? It totally does. It is every player's dream to play in an All star game at your home arena. It is fun to participate in any All Star game, but the ones at home are even more fun to be a part of. That’s is when you get to shine in front of your own fans. Those that actually matter the most.

e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.) Tom Pedersen has been very good on a poor team and thought himself that he deserved a spot on an all-star team at least once in his career. But the peak is passed now and Sophie Bordeleau has been better and Calgary Dragons best choice every season so it is understandable even if not what was wanted. 

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The teammate that made it into the all star team is Sophie Bordeleau. This is her sixth time in the All star game so it is quite common practice for her. And since she is the best player on Calgary Dragons by far it is common knowledge that she’ll be the participant from our team. And she even had her best season ever goal scoring wise so it is a no brainer. In the 66 games she played she managed to score 45 goals and assist 37 times. For a total of 82 points on a bottom scraping team. That is impressive. Her +/- of -26 is the only negative stat to talk about in her entire career. Average time on ice of 23:15. No fights. A 55.7% win rate on faceoffs. 64 blocked shots and 38 minutes in the ice box. Impressive stats. Very impressive. I do believe this was her last season as she has retired. Impressive career.

8 TPE in total

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 06:41 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 6 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494038

+2

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

a. I would give those two the chance to play one last game together as teammates. Edmonton was a team that was so fun to watch these last couple of seasons and it stung a bit to see their window slam shut so suddenly, so I would love to see those two have on laast hoorah together!
b. -
c. I don't think number of games during a season or appearance in the ASG should really be a factor here. The game is meant to honor the players who did outstanding things during the season and not to hand out participation trophies, so the starter should be whoever performed the best during the year. The game time should still be evenly split between all goaltenders who are part of the game though.
d. I'm sure it matters for those players that get to play in their home arena and in front of their hometown fans. I would however argue that the crowd that you will find at an ASG will look very different from a normal crowd at one of your regular season games, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There will still be a lot of local in the attendance who will cheer their hometown heroes on.
e. My player made a bunch of ASGs in recent years but this time he didn't and honestly - it is fine. Other players on my team outshined me this time around and you don't want too many players from the same team in an ASG anyway, as being the 4th or 5th best scorer on a stacked team is often less impressive than being the second best scorer on a lower ranked team, even if your raw point totals are higher.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

This was a tough one to choose for me, because I would've loved to both talk about Justin Time and Jack St. Clair. Those two represent two very different generations and are pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to ASG-players. On one side we have Justin Time, a grizzled vet who has been dominant in his position for almost a decade now and has been rewarded for it with five All Star Game appearances already - and even more could follow over the next few seasons, as he has shown no signs of slowing down. But everyone knows how got Justin Time is, so I think I should give a shout out to a new breakout star in Jack St. Clair. St. Clair has already been a good player for a couple of seasons. but he really broke out last year and sort of initiated a changing of the guard at the Blizzard, becoming not just the teams best scorer after the likes or Surkhi-Ze'ev and Winter had occupied those spots for the last few years, but the number two scorer in the league overall. A truly remarkable season for a player who is just getting started as one of the leagues very best.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Fileworker CW Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 05:32 PM by LordBallGag.)

pbe AFFILIATE:
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=701887

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3491888

Code:
5. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fresh Faces
Make a poster hyping up any player(s) that have their first all-star appearance (since S70).

[Image: 8y4Gq3s.png]

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, You would never believe who got voted in!!
Create a thumbnail for video reacting to Last Players In results. Image needs to have logo(s) or use other creative ways other than just text to make it about SHL/SMJHL.

[Image: youtube-video-thumbnail-web-banner-templ...351-87.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

1) Milestones.

10) I think Jmac Ncheese should get into the hall of fame solely on the back of lifting a 4 Star Cup with me. What a feat it was to bring a cup to Detroit back in S53 and they were no small part of it. Also, to be honest, despite not being a high earner they stuck around in the SHL and played a long, journeyman career serving dutifully wherever they were needed. Jmac is the hardworking tough as nails core of this league that deserves to be celebrated. Sure they weren't winning league MVP or whatever, hell most of us aren't! We can't all be league MVPs, but we can all do our damn best every single day. Jmac was out on the ice day in and day out earning their paycheck and playing the simulated game that they love, and they brought a hell of a lot of joy to the city of Detroit! We should recognize more of the unsung players that make this league great!

4) I think an NHL style selection where there's a guarentee of at least one player per team, and then a grab bag of the players that have separated themselves from the pack regardless of what team they're on, is the way to go. Everyone deserves to have someone there that they can cheer for, and a rebuilding team who has a guy grinding away putting up decent numbers deserves to be recognized even if a third liner on a super team might have a few more points. Nobody wants to see an entire selection from one super team in the East versus one super team in the West. Even if two juggernauts have a ton of amazing players they shouldn't just all go for the sake of sending those with the most points. It's always more fun to get a representative from everywhere out and recognize some people that are putting in the work on an up and coming squad. 

TPE 8/8

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2024, 11:49 PM by TheOPSquid. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. (2 TPE)  Link to SMJHL milestones

2 a. After the Edmonton Duo of Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli made the all star game, they were traded. I think it would be more interesting if they played with their new defensive partners, Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux instead of with each other. It gives the crowd and players a sort of preview into how they will look in the upcoming season, despite it only being a short time. (69 words) 1 TPE

2 b. The Inferno and Panthers got to send their dynamic duos of Hinata, Koivu and Prpich and Martin, but I think I would rather see who plays the best when they are split up. If they played with other top scorers on other teams it would be neat to see who could perform the best. (54 words) 1 TPE

2 d. With Iskandrov and Koivu playing in their home arena in Hamilton, it is definitely more special to the fans in my opinion. The amount of activities and stars around the city outside of the all star game makes it more enjoyable to fans than it would be to the players. With various activities around the arena, fans from all teams can enjoy the Hamilton Arena and meet their favourite players.(70 words) 1 TPE

3. I had two teammates from the Yukon Malamutes making the All-Star game this season, Langston Hardison-Laurent the former league MVP led the team in scoring with 84 points and 52 assists being one of the two players to crack 30 goals on the roster. The second Yukon All-Star is Vyacheslav Shevchenko, the first line center had 79 points and put up 42 goals for the Mutes in the battle for first in the division throughout the season. Two important parts of the Malamutes this season, I expect them both to be key contributors to their All-Star team. I hope Langston can dish the puck as well as he has so much this season, and hopefully Shevchenko can bury a hat trick or two to get some wins. Langston has been hitting a lot more this season so hopefully he lays the body against a couple of the other All-Stars so it makes them easier to beat in the future. (159 words) 3 TPE

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

1. Milsestones - 3TP https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494194

[Image: 7t15l3k.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024, 08:03 AM by thiefofcheese. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

S75 SHL MILESTONES
S75 SMJHL MILESTONES

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494214

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

Why not do both? Spend a bit of time with them together then quickly throw down the gauntlet and made them fight to the death for all of us ri see and cheer on! I guess I'm being sarcastic here but they can go ahead and do some fake hockey against each other. And maybe fight to the death.

Code:
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?

All star game isn't really about domination it's about fin and some of the skills competitions. But sometimes it is fun to just let players dominate too. So we should see if those people are able to dominate in the skills competitions. Shoyo gonna rock some speed drills?Adam gonna be a top power shot? Let's see it fellas.

Code:
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?

Again this should be fun so we should keep that in mind. But then again how does a goalie show fun on the ice? For a skater they can do some crazy spin move, some passes and things like that but does the goalie just block everything with his stick or something? I'm sure there is some flourish they can do but I'm just not smart enough to recognize it.

Code:
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Code:

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

This is a great question and something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.  Actually I've spent very little time thinking about it but reading it made it resonate to me as something I have thought about once for at least a few seconds. My initial reaction was to spread the love across all teams but then I think "well that screws other people".  But if you are on a bad team your stats can fall.  So is there a way to make the rating for them to be relative to their total team contribution?  I'd we can do the math right then I think it should be player performance only.

Code:
5. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fresh Faces
Make a poster hyping up any player(s) that have their first all-star appearance (since S70).

Last Players In

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Chosen Ones (150 words min.)

The Last Players In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, You would never believe who got voted in!!
Create a thumbnail for video reacting to Last Players In results. Image needs to have logo(s) or use other creative ways other than just text to make it about SHL/SMJHL.

Offseason Fun Time

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, 75 seasons worth of stars (150 words min.)
It is 75th season and we had excellent media series produced by Luke that showcased the best players the league has ever had. Your task is to make an All-Star line (3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie) out of those 75 players. To make it bit harder, you can only pick one player from each of the following ranges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-55 and 56-75. Who you pick and why?
SHL75 Players list

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards.

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, One foot inside the Hall (150 words min)
Make a case for a player to be inducted in Hall of Fame, check out the list of players from last ceremony post and pick any player that didn't get inducted and wasn't on their final year (as this isn't the place to argue about votes that already have passed). Let everyone know why they should be inducted to Hall of Fame.
S69 HoF Ceremony

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

+3 Milestones

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024, 10:21 AM by zaynzk. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494246 +3

2. +4

a. Hey, so about Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli, they were like tis unstoppable defensive duo, right? But for the All-Star Game, Im thinking we switch it up. let see how they vibe with their new teammates, Dirty Boots  and Br andan Laroux. It could add some fresh energy to the mix, you know?

b. Yeah, totally get what you're saying. Shōyō Hinata, Binko Koivu, Adam Prpich, and Derek Martin, they're all solid players. But in the All-Star Game, it's all about those unexpected combos, right? M ixing it up with different players could bring out some wild plays we haven't seen before.

c. For sure, man. When it comes to the starting goalie, gotta give it to the one who's been killing it all season, you know? It's like recognizing their hard work and skill. Even though the game's mor e relaxed, starting with the top goalie sets the tone for sure.

d. Home advantage, no doubt! Fans go wild seeing their hometown heroes in action, and for the players, it's like performing in front of your own crew, pumped up to the max. So yeah, p laying on home turf? It's a big deal for everyone involved.

e. Oh, my player, Niko Boyle, he's a fo rce on the ice, man. Top scorer, team captain material, the whole deal. Should've been a shoe-in for the All-Star Game, no question. And if he's the last man in? Just shows the fans recognize his talent, making sure he reps hard with the best of 'em.

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2024, 06:19 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. S75 Milestones - 3 2 TPE
S75 SHL Milestones

1. Milestones - [1TPE]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492280

3. The Teammate One - [165 words/ 3TPE]

The All-Star Game is an opportunity for players to show their skills and play with some of the best around the league. Though the Raptors had 5 players chosen to play at the All-Star games, in my opinion, selecting Shadow Fenix was no brainier. Coming off a strong cup run, the Raptors had many talented players, but Shadow was one that shown the brightest. Top scorer in Raptors regular season points, 3rd in the league overall, Shadow had their strongest season yet. With an 80 overall game rating, Shadow had put down 45 goals and 56 assist during S75. They kept the pressure on with 284 shots on goal throughout the season, ranking 20th in shot percentage overall. 7 of Shadows goals were shorthanded, ranking 2nd in the league overall, and 16 were powerplay goals, 4th overall. Great things are expected in the SHL from Shadow Fenix. They just keep improving and deserve the spotlight given by participation in the All-Star game.

4. Participation Trophy - [162 words/ 2TPE]

This is a tough question, because on one hand, team representation is important, but also, to focus on skills alone would help ensure a dazzling All-Star game. Quebec had some of the top players around the league this season, and if only skill was focused upon, most the All-Star game would be Citadelle players. Nobody whats that. On the other side of the spectrum, there was a lack of Falcons players set to play in the All-Star game. They ranked 4th in the league and made it to the second round of the playoffs before elimination. Its hard to believe one player from Detroit deserved to participate in the All-Star game. At the end of the day, I'm not sure which is better to focus on, skill or representation, but I can tell you this; each player selected for the All-Star games this year deserved the spotlight and are sure to put on an impressive show.

9. Most Decorated - [154 words/ 3TPE]

The SMJHL had many players this season that shone bright, but I think statistically speaking, one shone just a little brighter that the rest. Of course, Im speaking of Quebec City's star center Froya Solberg. Froya led season 75 in ponts (127), goals (56), and assists (71). This all came togeather to give them an impressive 59 +/- rating. The Citadelles made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs this year, before getting beaten out by the Raptors, who went on to win the cup. I feel that Froya Solberg was a huge part of the team getting that far. On top of that, Froya was placed 10th during regular season shot on goals. This contributed to a 20 shooting percentage, the 4th best in the league. Clearly an essential part of the team in Quebec and most deserving of an award to commentate thier achievements in the 75th season of the SMJHL.

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494311
+3 TPE

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they,
why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do
you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made
the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the
only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
Today I am going to talk about Texas Renegades first time all-star Dirty Boots. Some things get better with age, and Boots is looking like a good representation of that as the veteran defenseman put up one of his best seasons, with a career best 51 points. Boots paced all Renegades defenseman on the offensive side, while also locking down the blue line with 207 blocks and 45 takeaways. Boots is one of the best two-way defenders in the SHL and this season he really showcased his skills on both sides of the ice. Aside from the on-ice play, Boots is a leader in the locker room and if you ask any teammate of his, they will light up while talking about what he means to the team and they would all agree that should also be a part of why he is an all-star. Dirty Boots is extremely popular in Texas, and it is about time he gets the chance to show the rest of the league what makes him such a great player. (175 words)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star
game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would
you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be
put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you
think it is important for each team to get representation?
I am absolutely fine with the current format where each team gets at least one player in the All-Star game. I do think it makes sense that every team gets one, to make sure that fans of those teams have someone to watch for. But, not every team deserves multiple. For the teams who are rebuilding and maybe win a handful of games, those teams quite honestly do not deserve to have multiple players represented. On the flip side, it makes sense that the dominant teams would have multiple all-stars. I do believe it is very important to have representation, but within reason, so the one per team rule works for me. (112 words)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]