Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM by Grum. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link here

+3

[url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=135788][/url]
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
Unfortunately Konstantin Selich did not make the all-star team this season so I can not write about him for the 3rd or maybe 4th season in a row now. Fortunately though, Buffalo's first line center Jarrod Lakemore made his 2nd all-star appearance in a row this season. Lakemore was able to put up a stateline of 101 points made up of 53 goals and 48 assist to go along with 61 hits. While not hitting the same heights of last season, Lakemore was easily the marquee player on this Buffalo squad through his explosive goal scoring ability and solid defensive play throughout the season. Lakemore is an easy pick to make for the all start team as last season he established himself as a premier goal scoring threat and he has continued that into this season albeit with a few less points. During the all star game I think that a Lakemore score would be an easy bet to make.

wc: 160
+3

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

If this was a non-virtual all star game I might argue differently, but I have liked the change for the all star game to be more inclusive by adding a representative from each team to the games. Every season there can definitely be arguments made for other players to make it over another, but generally I think even with this "restriction" of sorts the rosters end up pretty good. I will say the only downside is a player who plays 2nd fiddle on the team can sometimes get overshadowed by their other all star caliber player but at least we have the last man in vote which helps at least a little.

wc: 116~

+2
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 09:54 PM by spidey. Edited 4 times in total.)

Milestones:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3491982

+3 TPE

Option 2.
A)

This is a celebration of the last season. I think you have to keep the defensive pairings together. This is the last chance to highlight these players and their chemistry and what they accomplished. I suppose if you want to showcase the new pairings you could give them the last 5 mins with new teammates.

C)

This is a tough call, part of me feels like you leave your best for the anchor position like a 4x100 race. But I think for an All Star Game you lead with your best first. They earned the starter spot, they busted their asses and will give their teams, in theory, the best chance at winning the game with a hot start.

TPE +2

Option 4:

Normally I have no problem with participation trophies. Make a child feel good, give them an award for putting in an effort and showing up. Better than some people I work with. But, I do have a real issue with this design for an All Star Game. There are some amazing talented people who may never get recognized for what the have accomplished and done becuase of two major factors.

First, not every team has an All-Star. Let's be honest here. There are teams that do not produce a player that deserves the All-Stat nod. Over the last few seasons Manhattan, Toronto, Seattle and Montreal jump to mind. Yes there is a feel good story with Dick Clapper getting the nod, but he was not an All-Star. These teams take away a spot from a deserving member.

Second there are teams so deep in talent it is impossible to get all deserving members an opportunity to play. Personally I would like to have the best of the best play in the All-Star game as we honor the best the league has to offer in a game to celebrate their success in the season.

+3 TPE

Total TPE 8

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 03:26 PM by mee. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3491984

+2 TPE
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)
[/url]
a) I want to see Egil and Fourty-One play together again. Edmonton had a very sad ending to their season, and we didn't get to see this pair enough. The two of them, no longer on the same team should be awarded one last time. It's not like anybody cares about the all-star game, so let them have fun!

b) Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles are all fantastic players. There is no need for them to play with each other at the all-star game! There are so many great players, the all-star game is a time to make new friends. Play with people not on your team. They should NOT play together.

d) Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu are players for the Steelhawks, so playing in Hamilton makes a difference to them. While yes, fans from all over the country travel to the all-star game, there will be more Steelhawks fan on hand than any other team. There is no doubt those 2 players will get the largest hand from the crowd, and they will have a great experience.

e) Why should Johnny Shuffleboard have made the all star game? Well he really shouldn't have had. He had a pretty bad season, just 6 goals a huge step back from the 11 he scored in his rookie campaign. He had just 24 assists, barely better than the 21 as a rookie. Shuffleboard does not belong on the ice with the all-stars.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

I do like the rule that every team has to send at least one player to the all-star game. Playing for a bad team sucks, and of course, everyone on a bad team has bad stats. It is super disheartening to see nobody on your team make the all-star game, so the idea of one player is certainly a good one.

But I don't see the need for more. Good teams have the best players who put up the best numbers. The best players are the all-stars. With every team already represented, I do not see how a second player from each team is needed. Yes, the best teams deserve the most spots.
[url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=135788]

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Code:

+3 SHL Milestones Claim

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?

a. With Edmonton Blizzard d-pairing of Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egil I would pair them up for the all-star game since they're on a new team now. The all-star game is all about having fun and letting loose so it would be cool for them to play together one last team (plus I don't want to them develop any chemistry with their new teammates).

(63 words)

b. From previous all-star games I believe the strategy for current teammates is to let them play together so I will let them play together and showcase their capabilities among the rest of the all-stars in the game. I think the LAP of Adam Prpich and Derek Martin will perform better than the Atlanta pair of Shoyo Hinata and Binko Koivu. 

(60 words)

c. Regarding the goalie situation each goalie will only play one period so I don't think it matters too much regarding who starts (I wonder how many goalie TPE doesn't matter posts people will say for this prompt). But if I had to determine who would start among the 3 all-star goalies, it would be who has the best SV& for the regular season if we had to determine based on a metric. 

(72 words)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

I'll be honest and say I don't really pay attention to the all-star game or the roster selection to see all the players who got chosen. The all-star game is just for the fans to see all the top players from each team have fun and all be under one roof. I get the argument to only have the best players at the all-star game, but if there's a team not represented it is going to suck for that team's fanbase and they'll probably won't tune into the game to see their all-star representative. At the end of the day the all-star game/roster selection isn't the main goal for players, it is capturing the challenge cup at the end of the season.

(123 words)

Total: 8/8 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 02:09 PM by karey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones
+2 TPE

Prince Marius making his first SMJHL All Star Hype Poster
[Image: IMG_9087.png?ex=661581bc&is=66030cbc&hm=...b106473ab&]

Thumbnail for last player in
[Image: IMG_9090.png?ex=66158435&is=66030f35&hm=...ae56b06c9&]

Milestones +2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 06:08 AM by dankoa. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Milestones

SMJHL Milestones Claim -3 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)

It was great to see Detroit's rookie goaltender sensation Anastasia Soderstrom get honoured with a well-deserved spot at the All Star Game. Coming into the Falcons locker room with a repeat at the Four Star Cup on the team's collective conscious, Anastasia had a fantastic first season with the team, enabling them to build a realistic chance of success despite losing some key players. Recovering from losing a goaltender like Wayne Holloway was always going to be difficult, but the team was really able to not miss a beat thanks to the efforts of Soderstrom, who finished with the third best SV% and GAA out of all starting goaltenders. Soderstrom enjoyed a fantastic run of form throughout the whole of her rookie season, and I'm expecting that to shine through at the All Star Game. The character and talent they've shown as a rookie definitely points to a successful career, both at the SMJHL level and further down the line when they step up to play in the SHL. Congrats @boom!

Code:
171 words

4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Thinking specifically about the SMJHL, I think there was an undeniable focus toward certain teams, but given the scoring we saw this season that was inevitable. QCC had 4 forwards, 1 defenseman and a goalie make the roster, but given the regular season success they enjoyed there is no denying that it is deserved. I think the reality is, certain teams have a lot of players who perform well and I don't think we should punish them for the team they play for. I believe it's good to see a player from each team at the game, but beyond that, lets keep it a meritocracy and allow the best players in the league to make up the rosters for the All Star Game.

Code:
123 words

8/8

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM by .Laser.)

Milestones (3/8)

PBE Affiliate (6/8)

4. Participation Trophy (8/8)
I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing that at least one player from each team is sent to the all star game. I think it is good for the fans to have something to cheer for and make sure that those fans actually have a reason to watch the ASG. I do think that there are frequently deserving players that are snubbed because the best player from a bad team who genuinely didn't deserve to make the ASG was sent just to fill a requirement, and of course there is an argument to be made that the last man in votes attempt to remedy this. But there are times where three forwards are snubbed, and there's only one open spot. Or when a goalie is left out because one of the two included was just sent since they were the best on their team. It sucks to be those guys and I think there has to be some kind of remedy, maybe a first second and third line all-SHL team each season or something like that.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Code:

+3 TPE
Link here

Code:

Of course I would play them together, you need to use chemistry when you can, especially since we know how weird FHM can be otherwise. They will have to play with someone else anyway, but I'd definitely keep them on the same line to have some kind of advantage. Whether they will dominate remains to be seen.
(57 words)

+1 TPE

Code:

Neither really if you ask me. Both goalies should play the same amount of time, because both have earned their spot to be there so there shouldn't be any kind of distinction between starter and backup. Let each of them play exactly half of the game. If, however, that's not really possible (who knows what FHM allows and what not) I'd simply use some tool to randomly pick one.

(69 words)

+1 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Chosen Ones (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

I knew it. I told you last season that I'd be back to check and unfortunately nothing has changed. For several seasons now I have tried to have this prompt changed to "Last Players In" but they still use "Last Men In". I have time, I'll be back again next season to check if perhaps this time someone actually read the replies. In the voting thread they managed to adjust it to "Last Players In" too. Not all players in this league are men, not even all All-Stars are. We even have tons of players that aren't even human and those should feel included too. But - to get back to the actual question - for goalies I can't really complain, they probably picked the best 4 out of the league's starters. The only one who would've been good too is (the eventual cup winner) Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who definitely saw more shots than the other too, but you can only pick two from the West unfortunately.
(164 words)

+3 TPE

= 8 TPE total

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

GM Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

1.+3 Milestones https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3491957

2b. Adam Prpich and Derek Martin don’t play on the same line so I’m not sure what chemistry will show up in this event by putting them together. While I do think they are great players, they would shine on separate lines (the top 2 in this case) where they can dish pucks to their West coast colleagues and show off their skills.

2e. Pass Forfeit, now becoming an old man has started waning off and didn’t get picked to this season’s All Star Game. It could be that he dialed back his production, though he did lead his team’s defensemen in points with 44, 17 of those being goals. But I think he just didn’t make it because he is washed up. Maybe next season he will wake up and decide to be a star.

3. While the Panthers don’t have as many all stars as last season, they managed to get two guys to represent the team. This season Adam Prpich and Derek Martin get to represent the team and it is well deserved. These two players had a hell of a season with Prpich leading the league with 64 goals and 130 points, 27 more points than the next best player on the team, Derek Martin. Derek Martin had 47 goals and 103 points in a career high season for him still building up to his peak. On the ice these guys looked like they were playing things on easy mode. Each scoring at will. Not only that, but they led their team to their first challenge cup in 10 seasons after a very short rebuild. Los Angeles is not shy when it comes to getting their players in so I'd expect to see more faces in the All Star Game when the last players in are announced.

+8 total

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 09:23 PM by enigmatic. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones: 0 TPE feelsbadman

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, gather round as I tell you *ahem* yet again *ahem* the tale of Meta Knight! Ever since we've been in the SHL, we've been writing about him for this PT. What more can be said of the man, the myth, the legend? Who wouldn't want this guy on their team? He's probably the reason why Minnesota qualifies for the playoffs by the skin of their ass every season. But this time, I'm lucky. Because there was another one who impressed enough to be called to participate in the All-Star Game. It's of course, the other man, myth, legend, etc, Brandan Laroux, who was on fire at the beginning of the season and I guess was able to keep some embers alive for most of it. SHL fans all over will finally be able to wonder "who's this Minnesota guy" again because even though you rarely see Minny players in the highlights between periods while you watch your favourite SHL team on the telly, by now they damn well know who Meta Knight is because he shows up every season at the ASG. Congrats buddies.

Ultimately, the All-Star Game is an exhibition match and I think it's important for every team to be represented. It's good for the league to have at least one player from each team be there. It gives fans of that team a reason to watch. I'd like to see more variety to how players are selected rather than "top point leader" per team where we have to send someone because they all suck but it would be a lot of work, I guess. Maybe have the teams choose one player at each position themselves and plug players wherever they need to complete a roster.

[Image: vKufc7N.png]

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

GM Pass

GM pass

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]