Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 09:02 AM by oknom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prompt 1 Milestones
LINK- J Milestones

Prompt 3
Well with the last players in yet to be announced, the 4th place Detroit Falcons are sending . . . . ONE player to the all star game! Rookie goalie sensation Anastatsia Soderstrom more than earned her place in the all star game crease as a netminder. In her first year in the SMJHL, Ana finished top 5 in Wins, GAA, SV%, SO, and Goals Saved Above Average. You cant ask more from a goalie, let alone a rookie. So Ana definitely earned her star.

Looking at the rest of the roster, Im not sure if I would say there is an OBVIOUS choice other than Ana. Similar to the S74 Four Star Cup victory, this Falcons team wins through team contributions. They don’t feed the top line or power play unit. It can be hard to find individual efforts worthy of an all star nomination on a team that downplays individual success so much. However I would probably look at either Stormlord Imotekh, who led the league in blocks by a significant margin. I'm sure those shotblocks helped to contribute to Ana’s great campaign! Also, Conner Ray put up a blistering shooting percentage that may be indicative of developing sniper for the Falcons. WC 204

Prompt 4
I think the all star game including nominations from every team is an important part of the league, and doubly true in the J. Being on a team that does not have a hope of winning a championship can be less than ideal in some regards, but it doesn’t need to suffer when it comes to the all star game as well. Teams’ fortunes can change quickly, but if your player has toiled on a team for one season then there is a good chance they’ve toiled for MORE than one season. I think perhaps for the J you could argue for more guaranteed nominations by team, just to ensure players are getting some engagement. Ultimately we need to decided which is the lesser evil: Feeling like you just missed the cut individually, or feeling written off collectively as a team. WC 141

+8 TPE

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 10:16 AM by charlieconway. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link to post. +2 TPE

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Atlanta Inferno were lucky enough to have three players chosen to participate in the all-star game: Binko Koivu, Shoyo Hinata, and Philippe Ekko Eel.

I’ve chosen to write about the sole defenseman of the three, Ekko Eel.
PEE, as he’s called by his teammates, is a top defender in the SHL. He’s certainly the top D on Atlanta, having played 24+ minutes per game in the S75 season. He was behind only Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli in points among D, with 59 in 66 games. He also averaged a full minute less on the power play than those two over the course of the season, and played an average of 30s more on the penalty kill.
PEE was a shot blocking machine, getting in front of the puck 203 times over those 66 games, which was good enough to lead the team by quite some margin.

When the all-star game comes around, PEE is going to put up points. He’s going to log some major minutes, and he’s going to help the East come out on top.

Quote:8. Written, 3 TPE, 75 seasons worth of stars (150 words min.)
It is 75th season and we had excellent media series produced by Luke that showcased the best players the league has ever had. Your task is to make an All-Star line (3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie) out of those 75 players. To make it bit harder, you can only pick one player from each of the following ranges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-55 and 56-75. Who you pick and why?

In the 56-75 range, I've chosen Mikhail Lokitonov (#70). I had the privilege to play on a team GMed by ml and consider myself lucky for it, one of the chillest dudes on the site. Lokitonov the player was a fantastic, dynamic forward that could score as well as lay the body as good as anyone else in the league.
41-55 has me taking Flacko Lagerfield (#43). I remember Lagerfield having monster seasons with Hamilton and Tampa Bay, and I’m pretty sure he had a couple of MVPs with those teams.
For 31-40, I chose Rex Kirkby (#32). Just a really solid defenseman that was an anchor on the blue line for every team he played on.
I’ve taken Harry Carpet (#27) as my goalie in the 21-30 slot. Carpet is another one on this list that I had as a teammate. Such a long career, and such a high and consistent peak. Reminds me of Martin Brodeur in the NHL.
My 10-19 pick is Andreas Kvalheim (#18). I think he might even be underrated even now. Not only could Kvalheim put up points, he was also a fantastic defensive forward as well.
Finally, rounding out my team is Alonzo Garbanzo (#2). The unequivocal best defender to ever lace up sim skates. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Stevens renamed after him.

Final lineup:
Lagerfield – Kvalheim – Lokitonov
Kirkby – Garbanzo
Carpet

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 09:37 AM by scudmuffin19.)

S75 Milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492476

+2 TPE

[Image: sobchak.png]

SMJHL HO Off-Season Pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

this task is not for me
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 11:31 AM by Vulfzilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. SMJHL MILESTONES -> 3tpe

PBE Affiliate -> 3 TPE

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

+2 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Quote:a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game? (79 words)

You gotta let them play together for one last go around. They made each other All Stars, and that’s what this game is supposed to showcase. Not even clear that they will be paired with Boots and Laroux on their new teams, so there’s not even something to build on the ice. They’ll have some fun in the locker room with it and start connecting, but don’t rob them of a little farewell playtime with their long time teammate.

Quote:c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why? (107 words)

The massive flaw in this question is that it’s stupid to have 2 goalies per team when an All Star Game has 3 periods. Just add a 3rd goalie to each team and be done with it. Give the one with better stats the start so they play all of the first period. Then you switch goalies for each subsequent period, letting more of them be honored, letting more users get to see themselves in the ASG (especially those who did the thankless thing of creating a goalie in the first place), and help solve the “same all stars every season” issue by having more players total.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (179 words)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

We need far more variety and we need something beyond just copy/paste from the Index leaderboards to choose players. There are 10 teams in each SHL conference and 20 players currently make each ASG roster (should be 21 per the goalie thoughts I rambled about above) so it doesn’t make sense for so few teams to only have one player while some teams get 4 (and don’t get me started on the ballot stuffing issues with Last Player In, which should probably just be abandoned entirely).

Should we mandate that every team gets two players? That’s tough, because you have tanking teams like Montreal who will struggle to have even one true Star player. Could start by limiting teams to three. Then more teams will get two while still letting real tank jobs be held to just one.

Of course we can help the issue by turning away from stats as a metric and making the ASG a balance of rewarding both players and users. Maybe goals, blocks, and TPE isn’t the only thing that makes someone a star.

Code:
11. Graphic, 2 TPE, Bring your own banner

Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own creative touch.

[Image: Tuk9sHa.png]

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 12:25 PM by soevil. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Morley Milestones +2

ISFL Affiliate +3

6. Last Players In - At the time of this writing, I do not believe that the last players in have been decided, but voting has closed and I can only assume that my player, Austin Morley, did not make it as a Last Player in. To me, I view this as a complete snub. I have no idea how the All Star selections work here, and I may be way off base in my assumption, but it seems that All Stars really only focus on elite offensive or elite defensive players. Morley, on the other hand, tries to be good at both. He gives his all on both ends of the ice, which can be evidenced by his team leading 82 points (19th for Centers - not great but not terrible), team leading -15 +/- (Look, MAN still is bad and Morley is doing the best he can to put the team on his back), and team leading takeaways and GA/TA ratio (61, good for 8th for Centers league wide). All in all, Morley had a pretty great season. He is at least being nominated for the Most Improved Player award, and I think that compared to some of his contemporaries, he should have been considered for a legitimate All Star spot, not just a "Last Players In". (213 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 02:21 PM by ThePyroAlpaca. Edited 2 times in total.)

Task 1, Milestones: SMJHL # 51

Graphic - 1st Allstar Hype
[Image: wmdVMO1.png]
Graphic #2 -Allstar/ HOF Banner
[Image: UktoxIc.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

last GM pass rip

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Gm pass

[Image: hallsy.png]

J GM Pass

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

GM pass

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Link

1 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

1. (3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3486678

3. (3 TPE)
While Froya Solberg is a clear MVP by breaking the points record (among others), her sister in Sonja Solberg was an incredibly deserving all-star, and almost an MVP candidate herself. Sonja was the second highest point producer on a QCC team that lit up the scoreboard, breaking the 100 points marks with room to spare. While the attacking numbers for Sonja are incredible, the defensive work done in tandem is high-quality. From all attacking players in the J this year, she had the third most across the league with 66, outdoing many elite defensemen in the process. 150 hits by Sonja was also second best on regular season champs QCC who led the league in least goals allowed. Mix into this a player who netted 38 goals and 66 assists, and you have a real vital piece to the puzzle for Quebec’s recent successes. Overall, this is a no-brainer pick for the SMJHL all-star team, and will be a force on whichever group gets Sonja for that exhibition.

4. (2 TPE)
I think ideally it will always be nice to try and allow one player from every team, in theory. At the same time, there might be active players on better teams with better stats that deserve the nod more. Basically I think there needs to be a balance in stuff like this. If a team is packed with low-TPE IA’s, it might not make sense giving an all-star pick to a rookie who did okay on that squad, versus say, the fourth or fifth best player on a dominant team who put up big stats. I think if it can be done in a mostly fair way, repping all teams is great, but if the gap in quality is too big, then I also don’t think all-star positions should be given out for free (being a part of a team only).

8/8 TPE