Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST

Simmer cw pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 11:38 PM by notorioustig. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494599 - 3 TPE

Task 4.

The debate on whether or not each team should get an all-star representative is an interesting one. On the one hand, it is a league event with the goal of having as much engagement across its fanbases as possible, so having a player from each team participate makes a level of sense. On the other hand, with limited spots available and many good players competing, shoehorning players from weaker teams can leave players having better seasons on the outside looking in. I think it can also depend on team structure: is it a smaller team roster to accommodate a 3-on-3 setting or is it a classic 20-person roster? Overall, my inner leaning is pick the best players, but I understand that as a business and entertainment product, it is likely a better option to include each team.

Task 2:

c. As much as everyone loves to see a great goaltending performance, the all-star game is not an event you'd typically target as a goalie duel. I would suggest that if the home team has a goalie selected for the ASG, they should start the game where they can receive the love of the crowd during the starting lineup announcement. Otherwise, a popular, older veteran may be chosen to close out a game, giving everyone a chance to see a longtime hero of the game play out what may be their final ASG.

d. The all-star game is designed to celebrate the players, but it is fundamentally for the fans. Getting to see the stars of the sport all together in one place is an amazing experience. However, the experience of actually getting to play an all-star game in front of hometown fans would be memorable for the players from the host team. Knowing that of all the stars in the building, the fans are cheering for you would be a crazy experience.

e. A big argument for Jesus Murphy being an SMJHL all-star is his goal scoring prowess. 35 goals in his sophomore season was a significant jump that proves he has what it takes to be a dominant goal scorer in the league in his final junior seasons. In addition, his physical play has endeared him to a legion of fans, making him a popular addition to an all-star game

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494606

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

I am very glad that Jani Mänty made the all star game! As our captain for the two seasons I have been in the Grizzlies I truly feel that he deserves it. Being not only a powerhouse in equal strength, with 57 of 77 points in equal strength, 19 in powerplay and even one short handed assist he truly shows how good of a player he is. Even more impressive to this is that while the 21 minutes of playtime is high but not insane, the average of five minutes of special teams, three in powerplay and two on the penalty kill truly is remarkable as to how good a fit in irregular situations Mänty is. Moving on, the hits and blocks for Jani Mänty, 73 and 58, showcases how he is not above putting his body to work, ready to sacrifice himself for the team many times! Rounding it out with a shooting-% of 15.7% (something he has howered around all his past seasons) he truly has an aim like few!

[172 words] +3 TPE
Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

While I do like that each team gets one player in the All-Star game it is a difficult question. On one hand, it is horribly boring when your team is so bad that no one makes it but on the other hand some really deserving players that just happened to be on a good team will be forced to be left out due to lack of space. I have not felt the need to complain about any selection I have seen since my return to the league but I also just now learnt about this rule. I think that over time it would be more fair to pick out the really good players each season, since it does vary, but the variance within the not as strong teams are more intense meaning that the variation of different players might be higher with the current system and I do believe it is more fun if everyone gets to participate since it is just for fun. Representation is important!

[167 words] +2 TPE

3 + 3 + 2 = 8

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

SSL Affiliate - 3 TPE

1. Milestones, 3 TPE

a/ I would definietely let them play together one last time. Sure it is always nice to build a chemistry with your new teammate but at the end of the day, one All-Star game is hardly gonna help them much with their chemistry. On the other hand having a sort of send-off game where they can play with their soon to be ex-teammate would be a nice gesture for sure. So yes, i'd rather have them play on last game together. (80 words - 1 TPE)

c/ While it is true that an All-Star game is not even remotely as important of a game as one in the playoffs for example or even one in the regular season. It still is an All-Star game which means it should include the best players in the League. As such i'm strongly in favour of playing the goaltender who had the best season as they have earned their spot on the All-Star team just like everyone else. And i'm sure it would feel nicer to anyone be included by pure merit rather than being included because it was given to them. (101 words - 1 TPE)

3+3+1+1=8 TPE

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 Milestones

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

They were selected as members of the Edmonton Blizzard and you need to play them as such one last time. People are going to see them play countless games with their new teams but they are never going to be able to see them play together again outside of these special games.
(52)

Code:
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?

The starting goaltenders should be the ones that had the flashier highlight saves throughout the season. Let them numbers decide the end of year awards but let the all star game be flashy. Give the fans the goalies that are diving all over the place and make the game exciting.
(50)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Philadelphia Forge were lucky enough to have four players makes the all star game this year: Graj Virrok, Ricky Koivu, Base Pack and Nathaniel Barca. Now I could go on for days about any of these fine gentlemen/anthropomorphic card packs but I want to focus on Nathaniel Barca. Barca was an obvious choice because he stepped up to fill in the skates of the aging San-sam Emerson. Barca was the top scoring defenseman for Philly with 59 points and finished third in points for defenders in the league. He was only three points off the league lead! To add on to that, Barca had the best plus minus for defenders in the league. He was scoring and shutting it down all year. In the actual game I expect Barca to prove why he is the best defensemen in the SHL at the moment. He is going to set up some beautiful goals with those passing skills of his and become a household name around the SHL world.
(168)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:

link +3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

a. With Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli both moving on from Edmonton, I think they should be given a chance to play together again one last time. While they weren't together for too long in Edmonton, they still formed one of the best top pairings in the league and deserve to showcase their synergy and play together one last time. (61 words)
b. Despite answering differently above, I think the forward teammates should be split up in the All-Star game. In this case, the teammates are still playing together and can be seen playing together next season. The All-Star game could be a cool chance to see them playing with other top players they may never get a chance to pay with in any other venue. (65 words)

Code:

Casey Fantobens is deservedly representing Buffalo in the All-Star game for the fourth straight season. The fact is, Buffalo this past season was a team with rather middling talent that overachieved to finish 8th in the league. As a team that is developing younger players and doesn't have the most top end scoring talent, Buffalo simply couldn't win games by getting into track meets and outscoring the opposing team. On the other hand, their defense didn't have much depth and the result was giving up a large number of shots. Fantobens (and to be fair, his backup Roza) was the great equalizer here, leading the league in goals saved above average. Fantobens was also top 10 in save percentage and made the third most saves in the league. Ultimately, Fantobens goalie play changed the outcome of enough games to put Buffalo in the playoffs and give them a shot at a cup run, despite lacking the talent at both forward and defense of many of the other playoff teams. (173 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

1. SMJHL Milestones TPE+3

One of my teammates who made it to the all-star game was Froya, who was an obvious choice for multiple reasons. If you look at all of the top categories in the leaders page, you may see them quite a few times, especially in top categories like goals, assists, points, plus/minus. Oh and by the way, Froya was in the number 1 spot for all of those categories, which is why they are clearly the MVP of the league, and it's not even close. During the all-star game, I expect Froya to mess around and just have some fun, as they enjoy just having fun in the locker room. Expect to see a few pranks on some of the other players that make the game as well. Froya may get a bit competitive and pot a few, or get a few assists, but that's what they did all season anyway. Expect Froya to leave the all-star game with the all-star game MVP, and to put it in Tsunny's face when she wins it. 

4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

When it comes to the all-star game, I think it is fair to get at least one representation from each team in the league, as members from around the league should see the accomplishments from each team. Plus you would probably want to see someone from your own team represented, even if it was on a bottom dwelling team. After one player is picked from each team, the rest of the players should be picked by accomplishments, or by the fans who can vote others in. I think those at the top should still be rewarded for their hard work as well as those who worked hard on their individual teams.

8 TPE total
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 11:15 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL affiliate - 3 TPE

SHL Milestones 2 TPE

Grab Bag

c - 1 TPE
Its a tricky call when it comes to goalies, but its the all star games, its gotta be the goalie who had the better season. the whole reason for this game is to show off the STARs of the league and what they can do against the best that the league can offer, not the back up goalies.

d - 1 TPE
As a member of the Steelhawks team, I Want to say its more important to iskandrov and koivu that they get to be in the allstar games for the local fans, but really to the fans it way more important to see them. they get to watch them play with the best players in the league at their home stadium, what more could they really ask for?

e - 1 TPE
My player, Trevor Lahey should have made it into the all-star games. 1st reason - He has got an awesome name that really stands out among the crowd. 2nd reason - he is currently nominated for the rookie of the year which should be more than enough proof that he has what it takes to hang with the best of the best in the league

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Code:

Code:

a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game.
Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli.
They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time
with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles.
Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game
prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?

d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season.
Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?

A. From a coaches perspective from from either team, Minnesota or Texas, they would probably want to play them with one or their new pairings. However, in my perspective and many others, putting them back together one last time would be the last work of chemistry from them after seasons of playing together. It would be a fantastic way to end their playing times with each other. (66 words) 

B. If the team wants to go competitive, then sure take the easy answer of playing these players together. Unlike this, it is true that the All Star games is a true showing of a players skill outside of their respective teams (which completely ends my argument in A). This would show the true potential of players. In my opinion I would go for the second option. (66 words) 

C. Playing in the home crowd at the All Star games might not sound like anything new at first glance for the players. But for the fan in their home arena, it would be a dream come true especially for the young fans to watch their favorite players playing with other star names. To conclude, although the players might not care, the fans shout LETS GO STEELHAWKS. (66 words) 

- How did I manage to get all of them to 66 words. Anyways 3 TPE 

Code:

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Currently, the variety is way different than it should have been. With blockbuster trades occurring left and right, the western conference does not have Blizzards on the top pair in the D-pair. With Emil and Isaac gone, there is less Edmonton and more other clubs which makes good variety. I prefer representation for every single team whether its the defensemen or a forward. If there's players mostly from one team, there is no variety and why even come to the games if your favorite player isn't going to play in a fans perspective. So yes, I think representation is very important in the all star games. (106 words) 

+2 TPE

Code:

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG?
(If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself.
If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

In the last 3 seasons, I talked about the only player to get into the All star games which was Meta Knight (a forward). But now I can talk about two other player which is a joy. The two other players are Emil Egli and Brandan Laroux. Although talking about Emil Egli would be easier, he hasn't even played for the team once so my choice is Brandan Laroux. To start, this is the first ever all stars appearance that Laroux had in his career compared to the 5 star appearance of Meta Knight. He had 20 goals and 31 assists adding up to 51 points. Being 4th in goals and 9th in points with the defensemen. It was an obvious choice because 20 goals in a still developing Minnesota team, is very impressive compared to players like Emil Egli which had a very good team in his back. In addition Brandan is developing and is hovering around the 1000 TPE range and getting this point total is very impressive. (170 words)

3 + 2 + 3 = 8TPE

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 09:18 PM by zeagle1. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL PT

The Atlanta Inferno has three amazingly talented and worthy players receive the honors of making the all star game here in the Simulation Hockey League. Forwards Shoyo Hinata and Binko Koivu and defender Philippe-Eko Eel all received the all star nod! Impressively, this is Shoyo's sixth all star appearance, which is tied for the most appearances among all of the stars! This is Philippe's second appearance and Binko's first, which is a great reward for their seasons. All three are extremely deserving! Shoyo had an amazing 47 goals and 56 assists for 102 points, and he also had 58 takeaways and 81 hits! Binko had a very similar stat line of 41 goals and 66 assists for 105 points! Additionally he added 61 blocked shots and 180 hits. Mr. Eel only had 56 points, but he made up for that with 68 takeaways, 207 shots blocked, and 53 hits. All in all, Atlanta is sending a very talented trio to the all star game
Code:
164 Words
The all star game should not be treated as a participation trophy. Inevitably forcing at least one player per team will lead to more deserving players not making the game so one player from each of the crap teams will make it. Although with the way awards tend to go, maybe being on a good team is actually a penalty in the eyes of the selection committee. Regardless, at the end of the day, the players in the all star game should be the players with the best individual performances and stat lines. Doing so would make the all star game truly the showcase of the best players in the league.
Code:
111 words

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Code:

Milestone +3 TPE

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, You would never believe who got voted in!!
Create a thumbnail for video reacting to Last Players In results. Image needs to have logo(s) or use other creative ways other than just text to make it about SHL/SMJHL.

[Image: 8ZTzLxZ.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 2 TPE, Bring your own banner
Create either a league or a team Hall of Fame banner for player you think should have one. Can use existing templates or give it your own creative touch.

[Image: D0KCUdj.png]

3+3+2=8

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Code:
Milestones (3 TPE)

Link.

-----

Code:
Grab Bag (2 TPE)

B. I think when you've got two guys who play together in the regular season, the fun of the all-star game should be seeing if they can make that chemistry work in a dumb game where nothing is on the line but fun and like a hundred grand or something. Let em play. (52 words)

D. End of the day, home ice really doesn't mean shit in a situation like this where guys from every fanbase are making their way to wherever its being held to have a fun weekend. I'm sure it's nice for them that they don't have to fly to Hamilton though. They just have to live there. (55 words)

-----

Code:
8. Top 75 Starting Lineup, 291 Words (3 TPE)

S1 - S10 - Darian Scherbluk (Defence): A name I think is often left out of these discussions but still one of the most impactful defencemen to ever play the game. Running him on the same pairing as Garbanzo just feels like a cheat code.

S11 - S20 - Esa Anrikkanen (Wing): The quintessential forward of a bygone era and the mythical man that bears the crest of the Calgary Dragons now and forever. Purely for his ability to bring stability to a team, on top of his legendary status as a top ten in every category, Esa feels like an easy clear pick.

S21 - S30 - Alonzo Garbanzo (Defence): The greatest defenceman in the history of the league, full stop. The pinnacle of what a defenceman in this league should strive to be. Top of every major stat historically. The only defenceman in the scoring top 40 to this day. You'd be stupid not to include him.

S31-S40 - Jason Visser (Center): Hard not to include the greatest to ever do it when you talk about building the all-time greatest starting lineup ever. Nearly a point per game in his career, two Mexicos, three Khans, two Cups. I feel like this isn't even an argument to make. Any "best ever" team is incomplete without Visser.

S41 - S55 - Aaron Wilson (Wing): When you talk about guys that altered the landscape of the league, as a plyaer and as a player coach, Aaron Wilson basically stands above everyone else. Love him or hate him, his ability to read the game and understand strategy essentially rewrote the guidebook. Easy pick for this era.

S56 - S75 - Brick Wall (Goalie): I'm taking an honorable mention on this one because for a modern game, you need a modern goalie. Atta boy bricky.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

1- +3 Tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494667

2- a. I would definitely have them play together, they were a great unit playing together in the season and the fans would want to see them together for one last time before they split up. Maybe swap them midway through to play with their new teammates though and that way we get a best of both worlds +1
B- I think it would be more fun for the fans to see them play with different players. It’s not like they’re done playing each other like the two defenders were. Make them play with other players and show that their skill doesn’t depend on who they have on their line with them. +1
D- I think fans obviously love to see their players in the all star game, it’s recognition to some of their favorite players and it’s not often a team gets to hold an event like the all star game. I think the players enjoy it too because they get to give their fans another show, one less competitive than the usual ones +1
4- I think in the SHL it’s perfectly fine to have players from every team make it. We’re ultimately all just trying to have fun here so if a player is picked from a team even tho they might not make it without the “every team gets a player” rule, who really cares? It also stops the ASG from being filled with player from like 4 teams which no one would really want to see. I don’t like it in the NHL however, the NHL has enough stars and teams that they could scrap the every team gets a player rule and it would be for the better. Most teams would still probably get somebody in but a team like the Ducks this year would just randomly send someone who doesn’t deserve to be in the ASG +2

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

S75 SMJHL Milestones

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]