Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

It's that time of year, the time where we evaluate ourselves, the team, the league. So do others, in fact, so much so that there's a whole all star game that happens! What a crazy event! This season, not only did Ubba Lodbrok, center for the Anchorage Armada, of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and prospect for the Philly Forge, of the Simulation Hockey League, make it in to the all star game, but he had some company from the Anchorage Armada as well. Let's take a look and see who else from the Anchorage Armada got in.

Wow! Two other players got in. Forward Lucki Blackwood and Chuck Chunky.

Let dive into these two players.

Lucki Blackwood, who finished the season with 41 goals (most on the armada), 45 assists (2nd on the armada) and 86 points (2nd on the armada) Wow! what a season!

THen you have Chuck Chunky, playing RD this season who lead the armada defensemen in goals, assists, and points! What a well deserved nod for each of these two players.

4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

Let's break down the All Star game here real quick. There are currently 14 teams in the SMJHL and there are 40 spots available for the all star game.

Armada 3 players
Kraken 3 player
Raptors 5 players
Falcons 2 player
Grizzlies 2 players
Knights 1 player
Timber 3 players
Battleborn 1 player
Berserkers 5 players
Citadelles 7 players
Elk 4 players
Scarecrows 1 player
Whalers 1 player
Malamutes 2 players

So that breaks down the teams represented, it's an overwhelming showing by the Quebec City, with strong showings by both NLB and COL. Only 3 teams had one player representing them, but that makes sense as they are the bottom 3 teams of the league. Does this make the All Star Game a bit more restrictive and should there be a more rounded representation? No, not at all. Be better and you'll be in the All Star Game. Simple as that.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

1. Milestones 
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494685

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Code:

S75 SMJHL Milestones (simulationhockey.com)

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Obviously, QCC had a ton of absolutely worthy players, just look at the roster! But I think that out of them all, it's Song Ju-gong who deserved it most. Froya obviously had an incredible season, the best one ever, but Ju-gong continues to display absolute mastery of his crease and defense of his net. A goaltender that good can go completely under the radar when their team has offensive talents like the Solbergs, Murphy, and Desjardins up front, let alone the defensive talents of Rose, Tymer, and Dupah, or short handed goal scoring wizard Bog Damsel. But Ju-gong refused to be ignored, putting up astounding numbers in the crease and doing a lot of work to offset the defensive failures of the Desjardins line and the backslide displayed in the defense from last season's absurd numbers. Taking on a heavier workload as part of the tandem also definitely can't be overlooked, especially when Ju-gong had the impending retirement of his tandem partner weighing on him. [165 words]

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards.

Bouncing off my previous answer, it's got to be Froya Solberg. The best offensive season in SMJHL history is one that should be winning an absurd number of awards. Hell, the team should just retire her number seventy five as soon as she goes up. (This is hyperbole. But only a little bit of it.) There is no world in which That Season should not win Most Valuable Player, especially when you consider that she was most definitely elevating the play of her linemates. And she's a total workhorse, with her average time on ice fifth on the team behind Roze, Tymer, and Murphy, who are absolute defensive juggernauts, and Sonja, her own sister. Her fifty six goals led the league by SEVEN, and she finished the season with TWENTY THREE points more than anyone else. It simply does not make sense for a season like that to not win an absurd amount of hardware. [155 words]

[8 tpe total]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Claim

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

In the past, I have advocated for separating already established pairings, may it be on offence or defence. After all, the All-Star Game is a once-in-a-season opportunity to showcase the league's best players, and seeing them play with the same people as they did for 66+ games can get a bit tiresome. However, for this one time, I would defend these players' right to play with one another for the last time, as they were traded away to different teams in the off-season. It would be a fitting tribute to send off Edmonton's domination of the Pacific division for the past 10 seasons.

(110 words)

Code:
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?

And we're right back to my normal stance on this topic, since these players are still going to be playing with one another - I would absolutely break up those pairings in order to give them new line mates for the duration of the All-Star Weekend. Especially in the case of Binko Koivu and Shoyo Hinata - we have seen for half a decade now how well they play together, so much so that they seemingly can read each other's minds when on the ice. It's time to let them show what they can do with other top players in their conference.

(104 words)

Code:
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

As much as I want to toot my own horn and show some swagger, the dark reality is that All-Star Games are not intended for defensive-minded wingers that work on the counter-attack more than they score points aplenty. As the next-to-last scoring forward on a middle-of-the-pack team, I wouldn't have a second look in the league's eyes. However, I hope that my defensive play will someday be noticed by the Awards' Committee for a Jeff Dar trophy... That would be as good as any All-Star Game nomination in my eyes.

(101 words)

Code:

I have sung the praises of my old junior teammate and now captain, Viktor Hargreeves, enough times in past seasons, that I want to highlight another teammate of mine that is appearing in their second consecutive All-Star Game this season, and that is standout offensive dynamo Willow Söderberg-Snooks. Willow is only one year older than I am, but she has already established herself as a premier offensive defense(wo)man in the league, getting close to the PPG mark for the second consecutive season. As someone that has played with her quite a few times over the years, as her defensive pair is usually assigned to playing with my line, I have nothing but great words for Willow - she seamlessly supports my countless counter-attacks in a game, usually arriving as the 3rd man on the rush (usually ahead of Dominik Winters) to establish our presence in the offensive zone. Her pristine passing and anticipation of defensive deployment has helped our line amass a ton of 5v5 goals, and it helps her tremendously when she is tasked to spearhead our first powerplay unit. She's entirely deserving of her nomination, and I foresee a Scott Stevens Award in her near future.

(204 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 03:37 PM by golden_apricot. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3

3. Rhe forge had a few players make the all star game and none of them deserve to make.it over gnabe and this is a tragic response by the committee to them being afraid for gnabe. Of the group that made it maybe there is a case to be made for base pack as goalie is the one position where maybe gnabe wouldn't be a better choice, it for everyone else there is no excuse, gnabe got robbed and his teammates don't deserve anything. What o expect for them in the game is to throw a few knucks around and take names similar to what gnabe would do. They need to support how he would play go show the committee that he was a better choice, if they don't do this there will be fights in the phorge locker room soon. This is all that we want and care to see from them. Traitors.

4. The committee does a great job getting more players in the all star game especially.wjen there are a few teams where it's gotta be very tough to make the game. One thing that this does discredit some, is the number of appearances, as some players can rack up appearances by playing for shit teams and being by far the best one. Something that might be considered in the future is looking at finding some way to limit the ability for tanking teams to fet all star representation. Possibly a point threshold based on active and updating users could be an interesting formula. Additionally it might be worth adding all star incentives to help incentives moving from better to worse teams to make.all star games where you might be buried on a better team.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 04:01 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 1 time in total.)

First off this team didn't have Johnny Wagner 17. They would never have nothing. It would be the worst team that anyone ever saw and without that player that we would just sit in last place. Everyone wants to reason to win.
So spoken like a true champion. Do you understand where I'm coming from? So we would not have pizza rolls or family coming over. What kind of world would that be? Would that even be something you can handle?
Without it, I would have no compass. My voice to text isn't working that well. It's not taking a lot of my words. It's really starting to p*** me the f*** off. Cause I wanna do this rambling. Exactly what I'm studying. I am. Come on man you won't even do it anymore i made a dick joke and now its gone wtf phone start working again u piece of fuck holy hell

+1 milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494718

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 05:15 PM by Moe7171. Edited 1 time in total.)

1: milestones - 2 TPE  https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494733

Total 2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 11:10 PM by natedoeshockey. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Milestones Claim

+2 TPE

Code:

Let Patya am be telling you about Peter Tingle. Peter Tingle from funniest season of 69. Patya still not understanding why this is joke but is okay. Anyway, Peter Tingle am great hockey player. Is make memory of how Atticus Hale was in prime with Patya, is just so good all around ice and make all big plays. Patya thinking way he play game and level of skill make him perfect addition for be on all-star team and get for show prowess in all-star game this season. Patya expecting him for go out and play hard and fast and make good passes and good shots and be solid in defensive end too! There is nothing Peter Tingle cannot do because is complete hockey player. Patya very excited for see how well he am perform when he am having other teammates that is not play for Ghostmans. Patya favorite part of all-star game is seeing play with other players who players am not normally get to play with!

+3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Chosen Ones (150 words min.)

The Last Players In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Patya just want to say whoever am voting for west players doing much great job. Mads McBride and Hodor been so good for so many seasons. Patya pretty sure Mads McBride is eternal because he am join league in S64 and he seem like he always near top of league for playing much well. Also, everyone am knowing Hodor. This because he can only say "Hodor" and because he am big and strong. Hodor been defensive stalwart for few seasons now playing with Texas Renegademans and everyone am much scared of how good he is. Patya also see John Brown and Ricky Koivu from east. Ricky Koivu much strong forward this season, remind Patya of glory days before Patya start for slow down. Patya knowing John Brown pretty well, because Patya am friends with him. He like for play board games and also play defense much good. Patya love this player, is one of Patya favorites!

+3 TPE

TOTAL: 8/8 TPE

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

1. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494741
3 TPE

2d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?
It doesn't really matter to the fans or the players if they're in front of their home crowd. Most of the people that can afford to go to the all star game are the people that go to every game, so they've really seen the players more than enough. It probably matters more to the players because they don't have to go on expensive private jets to travel a long distance; they hate doing that.

1 TPE

2e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)
My player, Shadow Fenix, made the all star game in the J because he broke a Colorado Raptors all time single season points record. Although he was carried by his teammates, (you'll see next season), he still ended up getting the record, so the ASG organizers had to include him.

1 TPE

I made it to the All Star game, however I was not the only Raptor. Jussi Mutou, Xavier Beausoleil, Brooklyn Physt, and Herman Stahl all made it in. While we're pretty used to the stars like Mutou and Beasoleil getting the attention, it was great to see Physt and Stahl. They were both off season acquisitions for the Colorado Raptors, and they honestly were a big part of the reasons we won the four star cup. It was great to have them both on the team, and they were studs, tying us up (in a good way) on the defensive side so people like me, Jussi, and Xavier could all play the offense that the Raptors were so known for. All in all, I think there were a lot more Raptors that could have been selected, but they had to be fair to other teams, and give them a chance. Go Raptors!

3 TPE

8 TPE TOTAL!
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 06:08 PM by unconfident69. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494745 +2

affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry703023

PBE Affiliate - username is FTR

S75 milestones - 1

RIP Mac & 701

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3494761 3 TPE

2a. I think I'd let them play together one last time. They'll have all the time in the world to play together next season and however long they will be on their respective new teams. As much as I am a little picky about selections at times, I recognize that the All Star Game is a celebration of the talent and fun and this is a great opportunity to send them out (of Edmonton, silly) on a high note. 1 TPE

2b. In line with my thoughts from the last question, I'd love to see the forward pairs be broken up a bit to see some more creativity by putting them with people they don't usually play with. The selection should be *the* acknowledgement of their skill together, the game should be where the wacky shit happens. 1 TPE

2c. There's a very simple solution to this - just give them roughly equal minutes. Everybody wins here. I'm not really sure why this is even being asked - the All Star Game doesn't matter too much and goalies are prissy. Don't give anybody any more reason to get mad than there needs to be. 1 TPE

4. While I'd like to write this about the SMJHL because I'm much more familiar with the past season there, the lack of separate east/west all star teams makes it difficult. My apologies if any of this is misinformed. That being said, I think that the all star selections are pretty balanced, maybe moreso than they need to be (does anybody really deserve to be rewarded for Montreal's latest campaign? Jesus fuck...). The forwards are guaranteed to have at least one player from each team, and the East's defense has no repeated teams either! Looks pretty fair to me. I normally am on the "one player per team at minimum with the rest of the spots being purely the best remaining" barring extenuating circumstances *cough* and that looks like it's what happened here. Having a player from each team is kinda important because otherwise you're screwing over good players on bad teams and I think some of us have suffered enough. Plus all the questions about players from the same team playing together would be lessened. Is that the discourse right now? I'd love to know. Please send tips and gossip anonymously to [email protected]. Thank you for your time. 2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:04 PM by Bongo. Edited 1 time in total.)

+3 TPE - Milestones SMJHL

4. I personally think that the parity of all star selections is a joke. I say let the best players in. If Montreal has no all stars worth choosing, that should be it. There is no reason that the best of the best shouldn’t be at the all star game in favor of equity. If Atlanta rolls an absolute juggernaut of a first line; and all players produced 80+ points, none should be excluded and this goes for all teams. I think equality is good for most things, such as jobs or education but NOT my all star game. That stays a meritocracy.

+2 TPe

9. I think that Micool132 should get some more recognition and that there should be an award for his presence. Micool is the glue and any locker room knows how valuable guys like Micool is. One thing about Micool is that he is going to win the cup. Not only should he be rewarded for her hard work and determination, but also his ability to keep everyone in line. Micool132 is a natural born leader and there is a reason he is such a homer for Atlanta. He’ sees something genuine, something sincere, and skemthing to look forward to when it comes to a group of rag tag rascals. I also think that there should be an award for the top winner of fantasy. I also have an idea that each season, you should be in tiered fantasy groups rather than randomized ones. This may help players from lower tiers get some money because year after year I get absolutely dunked in but this year I tried a new draft strategy. (+3 TPE)
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:04 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

1. 1 tpe because fuck i'm awful

a. I would let them play one more time with each other. It's the all star game, it's for the fans. No one wants to watch them face each other, they want to see them play with each other all night long. Just play with each others stick, getting really intimate. Just let them play with each other.
b. I'd play them on the same line and let them dominate all night long. The fans wanted to see domination, the players want to dominate. Just let them dominate. Dominate the other team in the neutral zone, the offensive zone, just all the zones. Have that red light going off like the "Do Not Disturb" light at a cheap strip club.
c. Who gives a fuck about being the starting goaltender? It's an all-star game, people only watch to see their teams player. If that means watching until the other goalie is put in, so be it. Most of the players are either shitfaced or hungover, no one gives a shit about who is starting and who isn't.
d. Yes it matters more for the fans that they have players at the all star game. They are the ones that are majority buying the tickets to the game. You're not having fans from California fly all the way to bumfuck, Ontario just to watch their one player put a half assed effort into a circle jerk event that most players would rather not go to and instead enjoy a vacation.

6. The most obvious snub for the all-star game is Sven Holmberg. Did he have the best stats? No. Did he have the best season? No. Did he win the Challenge Cup? No. Did his team make playoffs? No. Did his team having a winning season? Probably not. So what did he have? Determination. Hard work. A can-do attitude. Holmberg only showed up to practice drunk or hungover for 50% of the year. He only puked on 13 hookers, bailed on paying his tab three times, and passed out in the hallway of the hotel nine times throughout the season. Those are all-star numbers. I dare you to look at any of the so called "all stars" that were selected and tell me they had better behavior than Holmberg. It's a joke, a travesty, and quite frankly a disgrace to the great sport of hockey that Holmberg was not selected to the All Star game. I honestly can see Holmberg protesting the all star game the rest of his career out of protest for this injustice done unto him.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:31 PM by Punk42AE. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliation

Milestones +2

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!