Create Account

Ban the Mock Drafts and just give everyone 5 TPE instead
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 09:20 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Valid suggestion imho. The Mock Draft was a cool thing way back in the day but it has long lost all meaning - the only real "skill" that it comes do is knowing who to copy and having the ability to be online right before the deadline.

Maybe give everyone a flat amount of TPE for it and turn the prediction part into something akin to IIHF Fantasy, where you can win money based on your Predictions and don't lose TPE as you usually do right now, when you go against the group-think and actually work on your own original list that actually might involve a lot more work than all the copy-pasted lists that perform better. Or maybe have it as a SMJHL PT that is only there for the Rookies?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 10:15 AM by Bfine.)

03-22-2024, 09:19 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Valid suggestion imho. The Mock Draft was a cool thing way back in the day but it has long lost all meaning - the only real "skill" that it comes do is knowing who to copy and having the ability to be online right before the deadline.

Maybe give everyone a flat amount of TPE for it and turn the prediction part into something akin to IIHF Fantasy, where you can win money based on your Predictions and don't lose TPE as you usually do right now, when you go against the group-think and actually work on your own original list that actually might involve a lot more work than all the copy-pasted lists that perform better. Or maybe have it as a SMJHL PT that is only there for the Rookies?
Agreed. I honestly think the flat TPE + money for right answers is the way to go. Still gives everyone who participates TPE but feels less like shooting fish in a barrel in order to max earn.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I know the crusty old fuckers all hate the mock but its a big team builder in rookie chat. We've spent a ton of time working on ours together. It's probably all wrong but still a good time.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I think it’s fun when you’re a rookie that’s getting drafted, but outside of that, it feels there are far too many instances of a GM making a trade just to mess with the mocks because they can or just random guessing and seeing what happens. It’s not particularly enjoyable and I’ll reiterate what people are saying about it being an exercise in copying the “right” person

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Or, we could let the rookies conduct their own mock draft. I used to dislike mock drafts, but I must admit they bring a great atmosphere to the rookie servers.

But yeah, for others, we do not have enough insider info to do this.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 11:19 AM by trella.)

I hated the mock draft as a gm. People always asking me who im taking as if i knew

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Smells like skill issue in this thread

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Never liked Mock Drafts. Feels good for rookies to get a bonding experience, but for everyone else it's either a slog or you get lucky copy/pasting. If you try to hunt down the right picks you're still going to get screwed by last minute trades and outright lies. If you try to copy someone else, it becomes a last second scramble to find the right mark to copy, good luck if you're busy around the time submissions are due. It's rarely felt like the work necessary to get a good mock draft has been worth it

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Honestly though, it feels like a non issue. Heavily random and most people copy each other.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Love the mock draft, keep it!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Mock draft for tpe massively punishes anyone who can't be online within a few hours of the start to copy the right one. I enjoy the task, but flat tpe+money for correct picks is way better

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

03-21-2024, 08:59 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: Luke is always mocking us from his throne of SHL bucks. Eat the rich, I say

@Rich I will save you

[Image: Wally.png]

03-22-2024, 11:34 AMsve7en Wrote: Smells like skill issue in this thread

I resemble those remarks!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

03-22-2024, 11:04 AMMikeLiut Wrote: Or, we could let the rookies conduct their own mock draft. I used to dislike mock drafts, but I must admit they bring a great atmosphere to the rookie servers.

But yeah, for others, we do not have enough insider info to do this.

Have the draftees do the mock draft and everyone gets the average of their picks.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

03-22-2024, 10:58 AM39alaska39 Wrote: it feels there are far too many instances of a GM making a trade just to mess with the mocks because they can
I don’t think that actually happens

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]